PAGEANT-MANIA
65TH MISS UNIVERSE @ PRELIMINARY COMPETITION @ LIVESTREAM! - Page 3 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
65TH MISS UNIVERSE @ PRELIMINARY COMPETITION @ LIVESTREAM! - Page 3 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

65TH MISS UNIVERSE @ PRELIMINARY COMPETITION @ LIVESTREAM!

+10
kleftokotou
ovidius
darkvindak
Del
Farah Vavaihan
Lucky
scotty2hotty
Wojtek
mamshie
bonner
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

65TH MISS UNIVERSE @ PRELIMINARY COMPETITION @ LIVESTREAM! - Page 3 Empty Re: 65TH MISS UNIVERSE @ PRELIMINARY COMPETITION @ LIVESTREAM!

Post  darkvindak Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:01 pm

I do not think that Ukraine has a body that MU org prefer.
I do think that winner could be one of this girls: Australia, Thailand, Mexico, France and Venezuela and even Philippines. But since I think that they won't crown Euro girl, that they won't crown Philippins again and I think that they want girl loved by crowd , I would say that Thailand and Venezuela has biggest chances, since it is obvious that crowd loves them. However I do prefer Australia over them.
darkvindak
darkvindak
PREDICTIONIST
PREDICTIONIST

Number of posts : 2609
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Oxana Fedorova
Registration date : 2010-09-09
Male

Back to top Go down

65TH MISS UNIVERSE @ PRELIMINARY COMPETITION @ LIVESTREAM! - Page 3 Empty Re: 65TH MISS UNIVERSE @ PRELIMINARY COMPETITION @ LIVESTREAM!

Post  scotty2hotty Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:36 pm

Since MUO keeps going on about the girls' accomplishments and being confidently beautiful, they may select some new countries this year--based more on personality and accomplishments--rather than sash factor.
BUT...this is Miss Universe where the same countries place every year, so I am expecting the same old same old. (and I can't make a good prediction for our game, haha!!)

GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 7747
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Jennifer Hawkins, Marlene Schmidt, Rolene Strauss, Iris Mittenaere
Registration date : 2009-05-08
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  eja Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:39 pm

I THINK it´s Europes year and it stands between France, Ukraine, Georgia, Hungary and maybe my own country Sweden(?). This is a rather short reign if next finale will be in November, so it feels like Europes year for me.

eja

eja
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Milka Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:05 pm

scotty2hotty wrote:Since MUO keeps going on about the girls' accomplishments and being confidently beautiful, they may select some new countries this year--based more on personality and accomplishments--rather than sash factor.
BUT...this is Miss Universe where the same countries place every year, so I am expecting the same old same old. (and I can't make a good prediction for our game, haha!!)

Oh, how I wish that would be true that this new organisation is going for something fresh and different this year.
But I'm afraid that come monday morning a lot of people will be dissapointed that ONCE again same old, same old countries are at the top

Phillippines
USA
I'm sorry but if these two had sashes that say Sri Lanka and Canada, they would not stand a chance!! I don't think either did particulary well at the preliminary.

Venezuela
Thailand
Colombia (if her sash would say Guatemala no one would take notice, and people would say her figure is not on shape)
Brazil

The only europeans (that are not suprises, cause they are also the same countries each year)
Ukraina
France
Belgium

The few odd surprises
Sierra Leone
Some random caribbean island (maybe Aruba or Barbados this year)

So, yeah. Hurray for the brand new Miss Universe pageant  Laughing

PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 3050
Favourite Miss : Milka Chulina
Registration date : 2009-03-04
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Del Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:31 pm

You guys can bash MU org for always choosing the same countries but the truth is that always the same countries show presence and seem to be well prepared. There's no European country this year that I can see win the crown. France has the best presence, is confident, constant and her look is polished. But she lacks facial beauty. Ukraine who is facially perfect doesn't have the body. Belgium... no comment. Netherlands, pretty but boring. Spain is confident but looks plain. Germany's look is not consistent and she comes across as shy even though she's got facial beauty, a body to die for and she's very engaged with her own charity project. Turkey who has been a pre pageant favorite was one of the major let downs last night. And where is Italy this year? She must be the worst delegate thus country has sent in.... like forever...

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 8212
Registration date : 2008-08-18
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Milka Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:20 pm

Del wrote:You guys can bash MU org for always choosing the same countries but the truth is that always the same countries show presence and seem to be well prepared. There's no European country this year that I can see win the crown. France has the best presence, is confident, constant and her look is polished. But she lacks facial beauty. Ukraine who is facially perfect doesn't have the body. Belgium... no comment. Netherlands, pretty but boring. Spain is confident but looks plain. Germany's look is not consistent and she comes across as shy even though she's got facial beauty, a body to die for and she's very engaged with her own charity project. Turkey who has been a pre pageant favorite was one of the major let downs last night. And where is Italy this year? She must be the worst delegate thus country has sent in.... like forever...

I don't agree with you fully there. I think that EVERY year there are delegates who have come in prepared (not just talking about europeans) but are overlooked because of wrong sash. And not only that but sometimes the SO CALLED PREPARED ladies from powerhouses are just mediocre. They don't bring it on preliminary competition and are just blain boring on social skills, yet they make it because they have a strong sash.

For example, what was so special about Mexico last year? Nothing. She was plain and boring throughout the competition, yet there she was in the semifinals. Totally, in my opinion, stealing a spot from someone stronger.

What I hope is that this year the organisation digs deeper into the candidates. That it's not just being fierce and killing it on the prelininaries, but give more emphasis on their social skills and what that particular candidate could bring to the table this year.

PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 3050
Favourite Miss : Milka Chulina
Registration date : 2009-03-04
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Del Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:07 pm

Milka wrote:
Del wrote:You guys can bash MU org for always choosing the same countries but the truth is that always the same countries show presence and seem to be well prepared. There's no European country this year that I can see win the crown. France has the best presence, is confident, constant and her look is polished. But she lacks facial beauty. Ukraine who is facially perfect doesn't have the body. Belgium... no comment. Netherlands, pretty but boring. Spain is confident but looks plain. Germany's look is not consistent and she comes across as shy even though she's got facial beauty, a body to die for and she's very engaged with her own charity project. Turkey who has been a pre pageant favorite was one of the major let downs last night. And where is Italy this year? She must be the worst delegate thus country has sent in.... like forever...

I don't agree with you fully there. I think that EVERY year there are delegates who have come in prepared (not just talking about europeans) but are overlooked because of wrong sash. And not only that but sometimes the SO CALLED PREPARED ladies from powerhouses are just mediocre. They don't bring it on preliminary competition and are just blain boring on social skills, yet they make it because they have a strong sash.

For example, what was so special about Mexico last year? Nothing. She was plain and boring throughout the competition, yet there she was in the semifinals. Totally, in my opinion, stealing a spot from someone stronger.

What I hope is that this year the organisation digs deeper into the candidates. That it's not just being fierce and killing it on the prelininaries, but give more emphasis on their social skills and what that particular candidate could bring to the table this year.

We'll see,  maybe things are really changing. I heard from a contestant that the interview round was really tough this time and far away from being just about world peace and stuff. Of course I don't know how the interviews have been in previous years. Also, interviews will have a larger impact this time than in the past.

Btw the only one I remember who did not deserve her spot was Miss China 2 years ago! (Edit: it was Miss Universe 2013 when China placed)

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 8212
Registration date : 2008-08-18
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  bonner Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:50 am

I just watched the preliminary video right now. All I can say is watching the candidates live onstage has a big difference. 

Here are the candidates who performed well and everyone I've known in the venue agreed on it

Venezuela is the Best Performer that night - Mariam is sooooooo Miss Venezuela , I love her energy onstage but I don't think they will crown another Miss Universe from Venezuela.  

France - I feel starstruck with Iris , she is definitely the torch bearer of Europe. She gave a solid performance and she is so sexy, classy and consistent until the National Costume Presentation. She is my Miss Universe and a friend of mine mentioned the same thing - It's time for Europe guys! 

Nicaragua is so refreshing. Strong candidate but weak sash. I wondering why she is not in your list but everyone in the venue loves her. Good Luck to her!

Curacao - She was my number 1 in my pre-arrival favorites but she is fading during the activities. Now she is back in the game and in my list! She did very well in swimsuit round and evening gown competition - I love her energy onstage! She is the best candidate from the Caribbean IMO. 

Argentina is always been my sentimental favorite! - I love her aura and the way she walk. I just don't like her evening gown - so disaster but still she was able to performed well. If she will make the cut and wear the same evening gown then she might just ended in the Top 9. 

Panama, Mexico, Puerto Rico gave a solid performance as well - so Latina energy!

In my surprised I forgot Brazil and Australia - Their performance are forgettable that night but still they are in my list

Malaysia is so unrated she has the most pretty face in my opinion - even prettier than the overhyped Thailand & Indonesia. 

Thailand did performed well however there is a rumor about her that I never posted here, she might be excluded in the Top 12 for some personal reason - but the fan vote will save her. If she will not make the cut then the rumor is true!

Indonesia - her performance is just ok - still I don't get the hype

Philippines - Her performance is safe to be in the Top 12 (the crowd goes wild every time she go out)

Belgium is more prettier in person and up close - And I love her aura onstage - she is not telegenic though

Dominican Republic & Aruba is a dark horse for me. 

Colombia looks different Andrea today - she look better during her National Pageant. Her performance is a big No No for me and everyone in the venue has the same opinion. And they even mentioned she might be the recipient of the Ruth Ocumarez Miky knots Award  Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sierra Leone is a crowd favorite after the Philippines - she has many Filipino supporter

Belize & US Virgin Islands is in my list - I can see something special from them. 
PS: Miss Belize is more prettier in person and she look so sweet

Haiti is just ok 50/50 placement 

Some pageant fans in the venue loves Spain but she's not in my list. I love Poland evening gown but the problem is she is performing after the Philippines. Georgia looks better in person too -I've seen her up close and she is a model type. Costa Rica & Chile is doing good as well. 

I've heard the preliminary competition is just 40% -- the close door interview is 50%. So who can talk the talk?

And yes USA placement might been already reserved whether we agreed on it or not. Though her performance is so so and forgettable but still USA is USA! 

I still love Slovak Republic she just lack of spark onstage but she is prettier in person and up close. 
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 114525
Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)
Rachel Smith(Miss USA 2007)
Angela Martini (Miss Albania Universe 2010)

Registration date : 2008-11-17
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  kleftokotou Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:04 pm

I just manage to see the prelims I liked (for various reasons) Australia,  China, Curacao  I love you  , DR, France, Georgia  I love you , Iceland, Japan, Poland I love you !
If I had to pick one girl it would be Curacao! My fav from Europe was Poland! Many girls were ruined by their styling!

I laughed  Laughing with: Germany's hair, Barbados' lipstick, Hungary's dress, Israel's walk during EG!!
I was  cheers  when Japan got on stage with a Greek goddess inspired evening gown, I hope to see a true Greek goddess on MU stage next year!

PS: USA feels so sure about winning it, it shows!
kleftokotou
kleftokotou
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 9839
Favourite Pageant : MW & MU
Favourite Miss : EVANGELIA ARAVANI/ILIANA PAPAGEORGIOU/ROLENE STRAUSS/MAREEYA POONLERTLARP
Registration date : 2009-05-20
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Wojtek Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:13 pm

kleftokotou wrote:
If I had to pick one girl it would be Curacao! My fav from Europe was Poland! Many girl were ruined by their styling!

I laughed  Laughing with: Germany's hair,

Cuacao rocked! I'm glad that you noticed it Smile Poland did really well, I'm happy about that but I don't expect her to make it, too weak sash and too little space in semis Smile

Germany was a big mess Neutral

65TH MISS UNIVERSE @ PRELIMINARY COMPETITION @ LIVESTREAM! - Page 3 Source
Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 29556
Favourite Pageant : None
Favourite Miss : Aneta Kreglicka, Alyssa Campanella
Registration date : 2010-06-24
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  kleftokotou Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:20 pm

Wojtek wrote:...

Cuacao rocked! I'm glad that you noticed it Smile Poland did really well, I'm happy about that but I don't expect her to make it, too weak sash and too little space in semis Smile

I honestly believe that Isabella will make it!!! Germany ruined her chances!
kleftokotou
kleftokotou
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Favourite Miss : EVANGELIA ARAVANI/ILIANA PAPAGEORGIOU/ROLENE STRAUSS/MAREEYA POONLERTLARP
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  NiKa Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:07 pm

bonner wrote:
Curacao - She was my number 1 in my pre-arrival favorites but she is fading during the activities. Now she is back in the game and in my list! She did very well in swimsuit round and evening gown competition - I love her energy onstage! She is the best candidate from the Caribbean IMO. 

I soooo agree with you!  -ds90- I had a soft spot for this girl since the very beginning, but after the preliminary she has just fully won my heart -t6y- -yhu- I LOVE her stage presence and energy! -hy6-  That's what I call 'having an X factor'  -334-y She was indeed a bit invisible during the activities, but now she's definitely shown who rocks Cool I can sense a dark horse alert here. I really wouldn't mind (and wouldn't be surprised as well) seing her with the crown in the end  -ds90- My sentimental fav  I love you

The girls which has also caught my attention during the preliminary competition were:
- Brazil (absolutely perfect in every aspect - body shape, stage presence and attitude  -hy6- The best Latina and the strongest crown's contender this year imo);
- France (the best from Europe with the body to die for -yhu- )
-Venezuela (I don't like this girl in overall, but I have to admit that she shines like a diamond on the stage and deserves to be in the TOP without a doubt)

To be continued...  Razz Wink
NiKa
NiKa
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 6144
Favourite Pageant : none
Favourite Miss : Karolina Bielawska, Rolene Strauss
Registration date : 2012-07-18
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  NiKa Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:20 pm

kleftokotou wrote:

Yes, Iza did a great job!  Smile I'm so proud of her, but just like Wojtek, I'm afraid there might be too little space in the semis for a weak sash factor country like Poland unforunately... Neutral  Well, what will be, will be Wink  

Oh, I have to mention about it  Laughing Seeing Polish ND waving with the Polish flag behind the judges was just priceless  -t6y-
NiKa
NiKa
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  bonner Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:08 pm

NiKa wrote:
kleftokotou wrote:

Yes, Iza did a great job!  Smile I'm so proud of her, but just like Wojtek, I'm afraid there might be too little space in the semis for a weak sash factor country like Poland unforunately... Neutral  Well, what will be, will be Wink  

Oh, I have to mention about it  Laughing Seeing Polish ND waving with the Polish flag behind the judges was just priceless  -t6y-

I've seen 3 Polish as well at the lobby in the venue. I know they are Polish since they have the flag of Poland. One lady and two guys, I think the lady is a former beauty queen I just can't remember. Too bad I am shy to ask and have a photo with them! 
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bonner Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:10 pm

Can u remember Miss USA 2016 guys ? Where many frontrunners was left behind. There are rumors that there are only at least 2 to 3 frontrunners in the Top 13 and we might see some surprises countries in the semis! I hope this is true!
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bb Pilipinas

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Wojtek Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:13 pm

bonner wrote:Can u remember Miss USA 2016 guys ? Where many frontrunners was left behind. There are rumors that there are only at least 2 to 3 frontrunners in the Top 13 and we might see some surprises countries in the semis! I hope this is true!

I hope this is not true! Miss USA was a huuuge disaster! The worst edition since I started to follow this pageant

I don't want plain girls in the semis

Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bonner Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:16 pm

NiKa wrote:
bonner wrote:

I soooo agree with you!  -ds90- I had a soft spot for this girl since the very beginning, but after the preliminary she has just fully won my heart -t6y- -yhu- I LOVE her stage presence and energy! -hy6-  That's what I call 'having an X factor'  -334-y She was indeed a bit invisible during the activities, but now she's definitely shown who rocks Cool I can sense a dark horse alert here. I really wouldn't mind (and wouldn't be surprised as well) seing her with the crown in the end  -ds90- My sentimental fav  I love you

Yeis! I am watching the girls onstage and not on the screen so I knew who standout that night 
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bb Pilipinas

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bonner Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:31 pm

Wojtek wrote:
bonner wrote:Can u remember Miss USA 2016 guys ? Where many frontrunners was left behind. There are rumors that there are only at least 2 to 3 frontrunners in the Top 13 and we might see some surprises countries in the semis! I hope this is true!

I hope this is not true! Miss USA was a huuuge disaster! The worst edition since I started to follow this pageant

I don't want plain girls in the semis

Maybe those weak countries countries who performed well in the preliminaries and closed door interviews 

Curacao, Aruba, Nicaragua, Belize ,Malaysia 
Sierra Leone and maybe US virgin islands .They can talk the talk as well

I really hate to say this but USA will be there 

2 to 3 frontrunners? OMG
I want France , Brazil and maybe Philippines? But I heard Philippines is number 1 at online voting. I will add Australia 

If Philippines is not the winner of the online voting then it might be Thailand. 

I heard Venezuela has a diva attitude as well. And might ruined her chances in the Top 13

By the way! I've met Miss USA 2016 first runner up from Hawaii! She is soooo stunning in person and very tall. She look like a Filipina beauty queen. If only she win Miss USA. I took a photo of her with me  Smile
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bb Pilipinas

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  NiKa Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:48 pm

bonner wrote:
I heard Venezuela has a diva attitude as well. 

Why it doesn't surprise me?  -hbbv-  -fgft- I've never bought her 'Miss sweet & friendly' attitude that she was trying to sell during the competition... It was so fake and forced to me  Rolling Eyes Still remember the reaction of her fellow contestants from the national final after announcement of her victory  Twisted Evil
NiKa
NiKa
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Wojtek Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:57 pm

NiKa wrote:
bonner wrote:

Why it doesn't surprise me?  -hbbv-  -fgft- I've never bought her 'Miss sweet & friendly' attitude that she was trying to sell during the competition... It was so fake and forced to me  Rolling Eyes Still remember the reaction of her fellow contestants from the national final after announcement of her victory  Twisted Evil

Fake face, fake attitude. Everything goes hand in hand -hbbv-

Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  ovidius Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:25 pm

Sorry guys but I have a different opinion. Poland has a perfect gown,a perfect body but her face and her catwalk  is indifferent.Poland can't be one of 12.

PAGEANT REPORTER
PAGEANT REPORTER

Number of posts : 19161
Favourite Pageant : Star Hellas,Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Irini Skliva,Evelina Papantoniou,Rea Toutounzi,Evagelia Aravani,Doukissa Nomikou,Iliana Papageorgiou,Ismini Dafopoulou
Registration date : 2009-05-24
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  darkvindak Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:34 pm

that is your opinoin, if you ask me Spain is not plain but stunning, and Netherlands is not boring but also stunning.
And there is no way that I would choose USA, Puerto Rico , Brazil etc. in my top 15 only because they move hard their hips from one side to other Very Happy rather then Poland, Netherlands or Spain for example. Venezuela is super prepared, but look at her, if she comes from other country she wouldn't be even consider as front runner, for me she is the some level as Nicaruagua for example, but no one talks about Nicaragua so much.
darkvindak
darkvindak
PREDICTIONIST
PREDICTIONIST

Number of posts : 2609
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Oxana Fedorova
Registration date : 2010-09-09
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  kleftokotou Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:42 pm

Wojtek wrote:
NiKa wrote:
bonner wrote:

Fake face, fake attitude. Everything goes hand in hand -hbbv-
fake hair, face teeth, fake boobs... I often wonder if there anything on her that has not been done!
kleftokotou
kleftokotou
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  NiKa Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:14 am

bonner wrote:
NiKa wrote:
kleftokotou wrote:

I've seen 3 Polish as well at the lobby in the venue. I know they are Polish since they have the flag of Poland. One lady and two guys, I think the lady is a former beauty queen I just can't remember. Too bad I am shy to ask and have a photo with them! 

A former beauty queen? Surprised Hmm... who might it be... -105-- But was she young or rather from the older generation?  Smile
NiKa
NiKa
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  scotty2hotty Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:37 am

showed my Dad the first part of the prelims here is his personal top 10:

Honduras
Mexico
Peru
France
Germany
Argentina
Norway
Sweden
Brazil
Venezuela

He believes the winner will be Brazil or Venezuela

He was disappointed with Italy (My dad is Italian).

GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 7747
Favourite Miss : Jennifer Hawkins, Marlene Schmidt, Rolene Strauss, Iris Mittenaere
Registration date : 2009-05-08
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next