PAGEANT-MANIA
THE REASON WHY PHILIPPINES WAS ALWAYS IGNORED IN MISS UNIVERSE 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
THE REASON WHY PHILIPPINES WAS ALWAYS IGNORED IN MISS UNIVERSE 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE REASON WHY PHILIPPINES WAS ALWAYS IGNORED IN MISS UNIVERSE

2 posters

Go down

THE REASON WHY PHILIPPINES WAS ALWAYS IGNORED IN MISS UNIVERSE Empty THE REASON WHY PHILIPPINES WAS ALWAYS IGNORED IN MISS UNIVERSE

Post  bonner Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:30 pm

A Filipino woman won a 5-year legal battle against the owner of a prestigious beauty pageant for trademark infringement, ABS-CBN North America News Bureau reported.

Virgelia Villegas, owner and producer of Miss Asia USA Pageant felt relieved that the lawsuit filed against her by Donald Trump’s Miss Universe Organization is now over.

"I just can't believe it. Again, you know, at that time, I was preparing just to probably yield and probably have a plan B in what to do if it’s not going to be what I expected it to happen,” Villegas said.

The 5-year legal battle ended last December when a New York State Court dismissed Trump’s Miss Universe Organization’s challenge to the use and registration of its trademark, Miss Asia USA.

In 2004, lawyers from Miss Universe Organization slapped a trademark infringement lawsuit against Villegas.

Every year, the Miss Universe Organization spends hundreds of thousands of dollars doing businesses that use the terms Miss and USA in its title. They succeeded in 200 cases.

http://hatawbeauties2007.blogspot.com/2010/02/pinoy-wins-trademark-case-vs-donald.html
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 114525
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)
Rachel Smith(Miss USA 2007)
Angela Martini (Miss Albania Universe 2010)

Registration date : 2008-11-17
Male

Back to top Go down

THE REASON WHY PHILIPPINES WAS ALWAYS IGNORED IN MISS UNIVERSE Empty Re: THE REASON WHY PHILIPPINES WAS ALWAYS IGNORED IN MISS UNIVERSE

Post  bonner Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:32 pm

no more Miss U!!! Sad Sad Sad ..just focus in miss earth
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)

Male

Back to top Go down

THE REASON WHY PHILIPPINES WAS ALWAYS IGNORED IN MISS UNIVERSE Empty Re: THE REASON WHY PHILIPPINES WAS ALWAYS IGNORED IN MISS UNIVERSE

Post  Canuck1986 Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Come on, don't be such sour loser. That has nothing to do with it. None of the filipina delegates in the last 8-9 years were great except Maricar Balagtas. Even Trump was upset when she didn't make the cut in 2004. Just send amazing delegates that fit the MU competition and then your country will make it.

Canuck1986
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 1165
Favourite Miss : Natalie Glebova, Jennifer Hawkins
Registration date : 2009-04-09
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bonner Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:30 am

Canuck1986 wrote:Come on, don't be such sour loser. That has nothing to do with it. None of the filipina delegates in the last 8-9 years were great except Maricar Balagtas. Even Trump was upset when she didn't make the cut in 2004. Just send amazing delegates that fit the MU competition and then your country will make it.

i hope this year philippines will rock!...im still hoping for a spot Very Happy
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bb Pilipinas

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck1986 Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:05 am

bonner wrote:
Canuck1986 wrote:Come on, don't be such sour loser. That has nothing to do with it. None of the filipina delegates in the last 8-9 years were great except Maricar Balagtas. Even Trump was upset when she didn't make the cut in 2004. Just send amazing delegates that fit the MU competition and then your country will make it.

Im sure you guys will if you send the right girl...so far Venus Raj would be the best choice in my opinion...she's tall, super gorgeous and she has an amazing body.

Canuck1986
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bonner Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:53 am

Canuck1986 wrote:
bonner wrote:

Im sure you guys will if you send the right girl...so far Venus Raj would be the best choice in my opinion...she's tall, super gorgeous and she has an amazing body.

at the earlier she won best in filipina terno....she did an excellent performance during the pre pageant night!!! but i want Ruias for the Universe crown
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bb Pilipinas

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck1986 Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:00 pm

bonner wrote:
Canuck1986 wrote:
bonner wrote:

at the earlier she won best in filipina terno....she did an excellent performance during the pre pageant night!!! but i want Ruias for the Universe crown

Im glad she did well. Ruais is pretty and very tall, but there's something about her face that bothers me...sometimes, her face looks horsey to me as compared to Venus who simply always looks divine.

Canuck1986
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bonner Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:29 am

Canuck1986 wrote:
bonner wrote:
Canuck1986 wrote:
bonner wrote:

Im glad she did well. Ruais is pretty and very tall, but there's something about her face that bothers me...sometimes, her face looks horsey to me as compared to Venus who simply always looks divine.

ruias look like a man!...i want henson to win the universe title too
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bb Pilipinas

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down