PAGEANT-MANIA
Daybreak- Asia's Brokeback Mountain 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daybreak- Asia's Brokeback Mountain

Go down

Daybreak- Asia's Brokeback Mountain Empty Daybreak- Asia's Brokeback Mountain

Post  Anonymní on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:24 am

Hi guys, just wanna share with you a movie that is really good. It is a Filipino movie I know but thought to share with the rest of you.But this movie is really done with taste. The cinematography and the acting of the players are just amazing. I myself seldom watch Filipino movies as I think they are boring, but if you may check the clips of this movie at Youtube, I can assure you its worth your time. I thought this is the Asian version of Brokeback Mountain. Smile

Daybreak- Asia's Brokeback Mountain Jihkwz
The bittersweet lover's drama, Daybreak, opens with William (Paolo Rivero), a doctor driving up to Tagaytay City to meet his secret lover JP (Coco Martin), a local boatman and tour guide in Taal, Batangas and William's secret lover for a year now. William has a wife and JP has a girlfriend. The two men have not seen each other for two months partly because William is very busy being a Makati physician and partly because he is a family man. Meanwhile JP has been waiting for William while keeping himself busy with his boating job and girlfriend. Deep inside, the two lovers miss each other very much. However, tonight is to be the last night together, as William is scheduled to leave for Australia, but doesn't know how to break the bad news to JP who is already emotionally attached to him.
(edited from Wikipedia)

According to film critic, Philbert Ortiz Dy, "Daybreak is interesting in that the homosexuality isn't really central to the plot. This film is really just a story about the end of an affair, and the characters needn't have been gay for the story to work. It's a surprisingly mature approach to writing relationships that's rarely seen in films today. The characters just happen to be gay, and the film eschews the regular approach of pontificating about being confused or conflicted, choosing instead to just concentrate on showing two people in love."

"The filmmaking is pretty fantastic, however. I've sung praises of director Adolfo Alix Jr. before, and he doesn't disappoint. He's developing a clear directorial style, and it's turning out to be captivating. The cinematography is pretty amazing, easily transcending the limitations of digital filmmaking. Alix Jr. also gets a lot out of his actors, and it's this cast that really makes the film. There are only two actors in this film, and in lesser hands, this could've been a disaster. Coco Martin is a proven property, and his skill in building full characters is used to its fullest extent. Paolo Rivero brings a whole lot of pathos to a pretty complex character. The two show a lot of restraint, and it's what keeps the film at a proper tone. Together, the two are magnetic."

Last edited by Infinite on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Anonymní

Back to top Go down

Daybreak- Asia's Brokeback Mountain Empty Re: Daybreak- Asia's Brokeback Mountain

Post  Anonymní on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:37 am

The players in the movie:

Coco Martin
Daybreak- Asia's Brokeback Mountain Fcp8nrDaybreak- Asia's Brokeback Mountain Zvaqro

Paolo Rivero
Daybreak- Asia's Brokeback Mountain 162vx3Daybreak- Asia's Brokeback Mountain I4la9g

Anonymní

Back to top Go down

Daybreak- Asia's Brokeback Mountain Empty Re: Daybreak- Asia's Brokeback Mountain

Post  Tidus on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:45 am

it seems good and i like the storyline. Plus the guys are hot. Alvin language is tagalog right? i hope i can find and download both movie and subs. i know a blog with gay themed movies ill check there.

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13123
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymní on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:56 am

TIDUS wrote:it seems good and i like the storyline. Plus the guys are hot. Alvin language is tagalog right? i hope i can find and download both movie and subs. i know a blog with gay themed movies ill check there.

Yes darling, the language is in Tagalog but mix with English. Do not be discourage with the Tagalog language and heavy accent English, its really a god stuff. Smile

Anonymní

Back to top Go down

Post  Tidus on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:59 am

Infinite wrote:
TIDUS wrote:it seems good and i like the storyline. Plus the guys are hot. Alvin language is tagalog right? i hope i can find and download both movie and subs. i know a blog with gay themed movies ill check there.

Yes darling, the language is in Tagalog but mix with English. Do not be discourage with the Tagalog language and heavy accent English, its really a god stuff. Smile

i hope i can understand what goes on regarding Tagalog.ill give it a try. Wink

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymní on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

TIDUS wrote:
Infinite wrote:

i hope i can understand what goes on regarding Tagalog.ill give it a try. Wink
Sure..you can ask me the meaning( well if you can jot them down while you are watching hehe). Remember the gay blog which I gave you before? I found this there... Smile

Anonymní

Back to top Go down

Post  Tidus on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:08 am

yes yes and it has really interesting stuff. many movies and series. thanks again!!!!! Wink

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum