PAGEANT-MANIA
®®MISS UNIVERSE 2017 -  OFFICIAL COVERAGE®®  - Page 28 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
®®MISS UNIVERSE 2017 -  OFFICIAL COVERAGE®®  - Page 28 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

®®MISS UNIVERSE 2017 - OFFICIAL COVERAGE®®

+16
mark sonny garcia
kleftokotou
Esther
Likok
Del
mamshie
Hepzzz
Milka
Luiz Ricardo Cruz
ovidius
Farah Vavaihan
Wojtek
darkvindak
scotty2hotty
Canuck1986
bonner
20 posters

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

Go down

®®MISS UNIVERSE 2017 -  OFFICIAL COVERAGE®®  - Page 28 Empty Re: ®®MISS UNIVERSE 2017 - OFFICIAL COVERAGE®®

Post  Wojtek Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:11 am

I'm satisfied as long as the winner is deserving. Demi was my winner for all the time, I changed my mind in predictions after preliminaries and her bad evening gown but I still believed that she can make it. The most important factor was her confidence.

®®MISS UNIVERSE 2017 -  OFFICIAL COVERAGE®®  - Page 28 Source
Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 29557
Favourite Pageant : None
Favourite Miss : Aneta Kreglicka, Alyssa Campanella
Registration date : 2010-06-24
Male

Back to top Go down

®®MISS UNIVERSE 2017 -  OFFICIAL COVERAGE®®  - Page 28 Empty Re: ®®MISS UNIVERSE 2017 - OFFICIAL COVERAGE®®

Post  eja Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:16 am

Yes, the Crown...! I didn´t even Think about it, just remembered when Zuleiyka got it, this reminded me of that! So much Beautiful than the newer one....!   eja

eja
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  bonner Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:53 am

What makes me happy about Miss Universe 2017

#1 The Mikimoto Crown is Back

The results

# Perfect Winner South Africa won their 2nd miss Universe crown after 39 years, the last time was in 1978
# Colombia is Unstoppable. She reminds me of Amelia Vega. Colombia has the longest Streak in the Top 3 from 2014 to 2017
# I am happy for Sri Lanka as they ended their long drought in Miss Universe. Their last placement was in 1955 (2nd Runner Up). I am just sad she was eliminated early.
# I love Croatia she did very well in the preliminary competition and for me she has the Best Gown in this batch, it looks good in motion. I am just sad she was eliminated after Swimsuit competition and was not able to compete in the evening Gown.
# Ireland is my sentimental favorite since she won their National Pageant. I love her story specially she can speak their native language.
# It's refreshing to see Jamaica in the Top 3. Jamaica never win Miss universe their Highest placement was in 2010 (1st Runner up)
# It's nice to see Ghana as well in the Top 16 their last placement was in 1999.
# I am sad for France, Germany, Indonesia, Russia, Iceland, Angola and Peru for not making it into the Top 16
# So who is the recipient of the El Tocoyu Award this year? Also known as Ruth Ocumarez? This award was given to a mega favorite but was not able to make it into the semifinalist. My vote goes to Peru (She was my Miss Universe 2017)
# And of course the Philippines!! Horray so far we have the longest placement Streak in Miss Universe. From 2010 to 2017 (8 years)

The rest of the longest Streak

Brazil - 2011 to 2017 (7 years)
USA - 2011 to 2017 (7 years)
Thailand - 2015 to 2017 (3 years)
Canada - Lucas 2016 to 2017 (2 years)

# China is a big surprised for me.

I am so satisfied with the results and thank you Rachel Peters for representing our country, The Philippines.

®®MISS UNIVERSE 2017 -  OFFICIAL COVERAGE®®  - Page 28 Photog10
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 115174
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)
Rachel Smith(Miss USA 2007)
Angela Martini (Miss Albania Universe 2010)

Registration date : 2008-11-17
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  darkvindak Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:27 am

MU sucks
But winner is expected, everyone were hype this girl since crowning, for me she is averrage , not my cup of tea but she is ok winner!
MU lose their criterias, it is like we are watching new pageant, no catwalk divas, no good bodies in top, everything become boring. I expected more new countries in top 16, like everyone were talking, but the only new country in top 16 was Sri Lanka and Ghana, and GB is also country that don't place often...well that is more than it was in Trump era.
I don't know what is now MU type.
darkvindak
darkvindak
PREDICTIONIST
PREDICTIONIST

Number of posts : 2609
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Oxana Fedorova
Registration date : 2010-09-09
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  darkvindak Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:50 am

I just looked show. SS part look great, SA actually has great body, eg could be better. Overall the show was good. Pitty that Sri Lanka didn't pass in top 10.

I think that no matter what girl they sent we well always see Philippines, Thailand, Venezuela and Brazil in top 15, if not one year next year they will place , it is annoying, same with be with Colombia, but so far they are sending very beautiful girls at least.
darkvindak
darkvindak
PREDICTIONIST
PREDICTIONIST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  darkvindak Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:55 am

I wonder if Paulina Krupińska and Andjelka Tomasevic would make in top 15 with IMG -confused- we will never know.
darkvindak
darkvindak
PREDICTIONIST
PREDICTIONIST

Male

Back to top Go down

®®MISS UNIVERSE 2017 -  OFFICIAL COVERAGE®®  - Page 28 Empty Congrats

Post  Luiz Ricardo Cruz Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:57 am

Congrats to this forum! I always like to read everyone's comments and see the pics of the girls! Thanks for a job well done!

I have to confess that South Africa isn't my cup of tea. But, now she's our new Miss Universe, and I want to support her!

My three favs were Venezuela, Brazil and France (surprised she didn't place!).

Now we start our road to Miss Universe 2018. Who will she be?! Let's follow all national pageants and start our predictions!

Good luck to you all!!!

Luiz Ricardo Cruz
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Number of posts : 250
Favourite Miss : Ieda Maria Vargas - Miss Universe 1963
Registration date : 2016-10-12
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  darkvindak Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:12 pm

Luiz Ricardo Cruz wrote:Congrats to this forum! I always like to read everyone's comments and see the pics of the girls! Thanks for a job well done!

I have to confess that South Africa isn't my cup of tea. But, now she's our new Miss Universe, and I want to support her!

My three favs were Venezuela, Brazil and France (surprised she didn't place!).

Now we start our road to Miss Universe 2018. Who will she be?! Let's follow all national pageants and start our predictions!

Good luck to you all!!!

Laughing this reminds me on me. Just after crowing I start to thinking about next year, since I never follow reigh of winner, I check few times for whole year few photos or video of queen. After victory the only think that is interesting to me is two wait for next year. I only followed Himena Navarette.
darkvindak
darkvindak
PREDICTIONIST
PREDICTIONIST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  scotty2hotty Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:05 pm

Congratulations to South Africa!
While I liked the 4 girls based on geographic regions, the top 10 was very typical. I am glad Ghana and Sri Lanka placed, just wish they had made it further. Very disappointed that Peru was not called. I also thought Russia and Germany would place. Cannot stand USA--all she does is talk about how smart she is, science, blah blah blah. Colombia was too much for me. I did enjoy the comments from the runway coach. I'd rather hear her commentary than Carson and Ashley. Cannot stand Steve Harvey. I liked how the stage showcased the flags of each girl's country as she was called. 
Very deserving winner and I bet she is going to do very well during her reign.
Iris looked gorgeous and it was awesome to see the Mikimoto crown back!

GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 7747
Favourite Miss : Jennifer Hawkins, Marlene Schmidt, Rolene Strauss, Iris Mittenaere
Registration date : 2009-05-08
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Milka Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:34 pm

scotty2hotty wrote:Congratulations to South Africa!
While I liked the 4 girls based on geographic regions, the top 10 was very typical.

This is what makes me angry once again. Yes, I know France won last year, but honestly she was the only european in top13.
This year, the only european was Spain. Yes, I said it: THE ONLY EUROPEAN

I honestly believe that MUO picked them like throwing darts on a European map. They were never meant to be there and never had a chance at top10. It was as if they weren't there at all. They got thrown under the bus right away.

This whole geographic regions was decided after the prelims and interviews. What I think happened was that MUO had a plan to do top10 just like in Miss USA. And they the saw the top10 and were like no this is not good. Europe is gonna kill us.

Paula Shugart "oh shoot, the same countries again"
Random MUO member "What are we gonna do now?"
Random MUO member "Oh, I know let do some random geographic regions pics"
Paula Shugart "Yeah, that's a good idea. Give me some countries"
Random MUO member "I don't even know what countries there are in Europe"
Paula Shugart "I don't either"
Random MUO member "Great, okey so Russia...."
Paula Shugart "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, not Russia. Throw some darts on a map"
Random MUO member "Okey... Ireland, Great Britain and Croatia"
Paula Shugart "Croa....what"
Random MUO member "CROATIA"
Paula Shugart "Where is that?"
Random MUO member "Does it even matter"
Paula Shugart "Not to me"

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 3050
Favourite Miss : Milka Chulina
Registration date : 2009-03-04
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  JEANP Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:39 pm

The results were pretty good. The winner is really beautifull. She remembered me so much Zuleyka Rivera in her gown during the final. I'm very happy to see Jamaica in the top 3 I just loved her afro haircut.

I was really happy to see Croatia in when she had a great catlwalk during prelims and seem to be a smart girl. Ireland, Great Britain and Spain were really deserving too (like all girl).

I was also so happy to see Ghana in. To see countries we are rarely placed it's great for them.

i was so happy also for Brazil she was so stunning. Usa was also great to my eyes. her style during her reign as Miss USA was her biggest problem and she was so stylish during MU times.

I did not comment the coverage but I'm really proud of Alicia Aylies. I understood why she did not entered to the top 16 (she was not so good in terms of stage presence) but I'm so so proud of her. She was really beautifull and she looks so nice and sweat. in terms of outer beauty she is just so gorgeous (I think that MF org should send her with the same style she had during the Miss France preparation trip).

I really like this refreshing era in Miss Universe.

All the best for the winner, the runners ups, all the finalists and all contestants.
JEANP
JEANP
PAGEANT REPORTER
PAGEANT REPORTER

Number of posts : 4147
Favourite Pageant : Miss France
Miss Supranational
Favourite Miss : Malika Ménard
Chloé Mortaud
Gwendoline Ruais
Oxana federova
Anastagia Pierre
Marigona Dragusha
Zuljeily Andino
Maria Tsagaraki
Valérie Bègue
Virgine Dechenaud
Diane Necio
Denice André
Jessica Barboza
Dominique Peltier
Michelle Rouillard
Christianne Martelle
Denise Perrier

Registration date : 2011-08-12
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Wojtek Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:11 pm

Milka wrote:
scotty2hotty wrote:Congratulations to South Africa!
While I liked the 4 girls based on geographic regions, the top 10 was very typical.

This is what makes me angry once again. Yes, I know France won last year, but honestly she was the only european in top13.
This year, the only european was Spain. Yes, I said it: THE ONLY EUROPEAN

I honestly believe that MUO picked them like throwing darts on a European map. They were never meant to be there and never had a chance at top10. It was as if they weren't there at all. They got thrown under the bus right away.

This whole geographic regions was decided after the prelims and interviews. What I think happened was that MUO had a plan to do top10 just like in Miss USA. And they the saw the top10 and were like no this is not good. Europe is gonna kill us.

Paula Shugart "oh shoot, the same countries again"
Random MUO member "What are we gonna do now?"
Random MUO member "Oh, I know let do some random geographic regions pics"
Paula Shugart "Yeah, that's a good idea. Give me some countries"
Random MUO member "I don't even know what countries there are in Europe"
Paula Shugart "I don't either"
Random MUO member "Great, okey so Russia...."
Paula Shugart "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, not Russia. Throw some darts on a map"
Random MUO member "Okey... Ireland, Great Britain and Croatia"
Paula Shugart "Croa....what"
Random MUO member "CROATIA"
Paula Shugart "Where is that?"
Random MUO member "Does it even matter"
Paula Shugart "Not to me"

Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Love ya __4ugtf84fu_h __4ugtf84fu_h __4ugtf84fu_h

I agree with you. First of all, I was very disappointed that Russia didn't make it. She is more beautiful than most of the girls from the top 5 and deserved to be there. Also, there were better girls from Europe than huge Croatia and Ireland. Only Europe wasn't in wild cards group, how surprising!

Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  mamshie Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:12 pm

Good thing no more by Group in Swimsuit and Evening gown competition

mamshie
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Number of posts : 412
Favourite Miss : Pia Wurtzbach
Registration date : 2017-01-06
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  bonner Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:24 pm

Luiz Ricardo Cruz wrote:Congrats to this forum! I always like to read everyone's comments and see the pics of the girls! Thanks for a job well done!

Good luck to you all!!!
We are Happy to have you here Very Happy

I might not be very busy next year anymore so I can focus in updating National Pageants

bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  scotty2hotty Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:39 pm

I agree about the treatment of the European delegates. Even the commentator made a remark that implied they were not prepared and the Americas was the most prepared. I was expecting at least one European in the wild cards--and oh please--Venezuela and Philippines wild cards? No doubt they were already in. To me, USA and Brazil were too alike in appearance and USA could have been omitted. While I was not the biggest fan of Jamaica, I was happy to see her go as far as she did. A friend of mine who watched said the top 16 was very boring to her with all look-a-like brunettes and very few blondes.

GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 7747
Favourite Miss : Jennifer Hawkins, Marlene Schmidt, Rolene Strauss, Iris Mittenaere
Registration date : 2009-05-08
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bonner Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:10 pm

darkvindak wrote:
I think that no matter what girl they sent we well always see Philippines, Thailand, Venezuela and Brazil in top 15, if not one year next year they will place , it is annoying, same with be with Colombia, but so far they are sending very beautiful girls at least.

Maybe because of the fans? And Miss Universe is a big deal for these countries.

I have a feeling our very own Janine Tugonon, MJ Lastimosa, and Maxine Medina was chosen by MU Org. Ariella Arida placed because of online voting. Only Venus Raj, Shamcey Supsup, & Pia Wurtzbach is what I can say who really made it to the Top 16 with their own effort maybe same thing with Venezuela, Brazil and of course USA

It seems like MU is still paying Colombia for what happened in 2015 reason why they continuously place in the Top 3?

bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bb Pilipinas

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Wojtek Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:36 pm

bonner wrote:

It seems like MU is still paying Colombia for what happened in 2015 reason why they continuously place in the Top 3?

[/color][/size][/b]

I think that all 4 Colombians deserved to be in the top 3. I was not a fan of Laura, but she played her cards really well yesterday, she looked really stunning, she got a perfect evening gown and she is a great speaker. Smile[/quote]

Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

®®MISS UNIVERSE 2017 -  OFFICIAL COVERAGE®®  - Page 28 Empty Venezuela

Post  Luiz Ricardo Cruz Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:51 pm

Venezuela, as for me, was way better than Colombia... She deserved a spot in the Top 3...

Luiz Ricardo Cruz
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  kleftokotou Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:28 pm

There were some lookalikes in MU last night...
Miss Spain & Anna Ortiz
®®MISS UNIVERSE 2017 -  OFFICIAL COVERAGE®®  - Page 28 4085ec12c9e8165104fb7b2d28e62ff8®®MISS UNIVERSE 2017 -  OFFICIAL COVERAGE®®  - Page 28 Latest?cb=20091204223927

Miss Thailand and Kate Middleton
®®MISS UNIVERSE 2017 -  OFFICIAL COVERAGE®®  - Page 28 30-5
®®MISS UNIVERSE 2017 -  OFFICIAL COVERAGE®®  - Page 28 Db49e201fbb93428ffc1cbbaa8faafa5--prinses-kate-princess-style

any others?????
kleftokotou
kleftokotou
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 9840
Favourite Pageant : MW & MU
Favourite Miss : EVANGELIA ARAVANI/ILIANA PAPAGEORGIOU/ROLENE STRAUSS/MAREEYA POONLERTLARP
Registration date : 2009-05-20
Female

Back to top Go down

®®MISS UNIVERSE 2017 -  OFFICIAL COVERAGE®®  - Page 28 Empty Look a like

Post  Luiz Ricardo Cruz Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:08 pm

The new Miss Universe and Zuleika Rivera...

Luiz Ricardo Cruz
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28