PAGEANT-MANIA
Bonjour / marhaba Pageant Mania! 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
Bonjour / marhaba Pageant Mania! 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonjour / marhaba Pageant Mania!

2 posters

Go down

Bonjour / marhaba Pageant Mania! Empty Bonjour / marhaba Pageant Mania!

Post  WassoMaki Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:37 pm

Hello everyone! I'm Wass, and I'm Lebanese but have been living in France for a few years now. I have been a long time fan of pageants, having watched my first one 1989, and Miss Universe is the one I follow most faithfully. I would describe myself as an old school fan: to me, the golden period of Miss Universe (and probably of pageants in general) was the early to mid 1990s, and what I like above all in a beauty queen is a beautiful face and a pleasant, humble personality.
As such, I don't like the direction Miss Universe has been taking since the end of the Trump era, but the captain goes down with the ship, so I'm still faithfully following the contest and making predictions for the outcome every year since 2011. The more recent years have been graced by many queens I love (like Chalita Suansane, Christina Peiris, H'Hen Nie, Birta Abiba Þorhallsdottir, Bianca Tirsin and Kedist Deltour to name a few) and this helps me stay motivated despite the changes happening. My favorite Miss Universe to day probably remains Angela Visser, the first one whose crowning night I watched back in 1989.
Aside from pageants, I love architecture, photography (especially urban photography), electronic dance music (especially trance and Eurodance), cats, and spicy food!

I only recently discovered Pageant Mania, and I like the peaceful climate on here, the fact that all the delegates get their photos posted instead of the same 1 or 2 being hyped ad nauseum, and most of all, the lack of c*ntiness and disgusting comments, unlike a certain other forum I was previously a member of. So kudos to all of you for keeping this a fair and respectful place! I'm active mostly during Miss Universe season, but might start checking the forum a bit more regularly if I have time, and I'm looking forward to interacting more with you. See you around!

WassoMaki
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Number of posts : 27
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : H'Hen Nie (Vietnam's rep at MU 2018)
Christina Peiris (Sri Lanka's rep at MU 2017)
Yasmin Verheijen (Netherlands' rep at MU 2014)
Registration date : 2023-11-09
Male

bonner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bonjour / marhaba Pageant Mania! Empty Re: Bonjour / marhaba Pageant Mania!

Post  bonner Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:29 pm

Welcome here!

I am kinda old school too with Miss Universe and I prefer the Trump Era. I am glad the 20 semi finalist competed at Swimsuit round this time.

Also, I am glad that Pageant forums still exist after social media started.

bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 114980
Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)
Rachel Smith(Miss USA 2007)
Angela Martini (Miss Albania Universe 2010)

Registration date : 2008-11-17
Male

WassoMaki likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  WassoMaki Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:59 pm

bonner wrote:Welcome here!

I am kinda old school too with Miss Universe and I prefer the Trump Era. I am glad the 20 semi finalist competed at Swimsuit round this time.

Also, I am glad that Pageant forums still exist after social media started.
I  too am glad that pageant forums still exist because I don't use social media.
Miss Universe in the Trump era was often criticized by fans for having become trashy and slutty, and while this is true to a certain extent, it was still better to watch than the mess we saw in the last years whose main aim was to cater to the American left. At least countries with weak sashes were rewarded back then when they would send an outstanding delegate (Nigeria in 2001, Cyprus in 2002, Serbia in 2003, Angola and Tanzania in 2007, etc.), while the only weak sashes we saw in the last couple of years are those infamous WTF picks without any obvious redeeming feature. But the trend appears to have been reversed this year at last, and we had pleasant surprises like Chile, Namibia and Cameroon, so I'm hopeful that better days may lie ahead!
I'm also glad that the pointless opening speech round was done away with, and that we had a cut after the swimsuit round again as it makes things more exciting, although it would have aso been nice to see what gowns the remaining 10 girls had for the finals.
By the way, do you know is there a way to quote a message several times in a reply? (I like to quote each sentence separately when replying)

WassoMaki
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Number of posts : 27
Favourite Miss : H'Hen Nie (Vietnam's rep at MU 2018)
Christina Peiris (Sri Lanka's rep at MU 2017)
Yasmin Verheijen (Netherlands' rep at MU 2014)
Registration date : 2023-11-09
Male

bonner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down