PAGEANT-MANIA
ROAD TO MISS WORLD TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2024 - Page 2 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
ROAD TO MISS WORLD TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2024 - Page 2 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROAD TO MISS WORLD TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2024

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ROAD TO MISS WORLD TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2024 - Page 2 Empty Re: ROAD TO MISS WORLD TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2024

Post  Kimberly Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:15 pm

Frank Speech wrote:
Kimberly wrote:
Frank Speech wrote:On an aside....can someone start prepping Jemelia Mc Comie  for Miss World 2026/2027 or Miss Universe? You can't tell me Charu sat there in the judging panel in Tobago and did not at least make an effort to engage with this young lady to start the process of getting her to enter MWTT in a couple of years...in fact I saw 3 decent prospects who were not in the Miss World Tobago 2024 line-up.

Hi Frank. I Hope you're doing well.

My GOODNESS this woman is a head turner. Shocked  How is it that she wasn't recruited??? SMH. Physically she's got a great package.
Everything else can be groomed/polished to suit the standard expected @ MW.

We have a LOT of potential here. We always did. Our problem after Peter Elias resigned, was attracting a certain calibre of women.

We were LUCKY that Aché entered and that was ONLY because her mother pushed her to. There really wasn't an incentive it seems for her join and she wasn't the most confident a few years ago. That was the MAIN reason for her being afraid to enter and there an MANY women like her here who are afraid to.

We also never cultivated a culture that made ppl passionate about pageantry like Aruba, Curaçao, Philippines, Thailand, Venezuela, Mexico, Colombia, Dominican Rep. Puerto Rico & other Latin American countries to name a FEW have done.

That's why we NEED ppl to actively go out and recruit these type of women because UNFORTUNATELY many of them aren't flocking to compete WITHOUT that push.
This is so true. Wendy recently revealed that she did not apply for Miss Trinidad and Tobago...it was Peter Elias who asked her at a wedding they were both attending and he went ahead and submitted her photo for the competition and she was accepted. Entering Miss Trinidad and Tobago was not in her plans. This was also what set Peter Elias apart...when he found someone with the potential to be a top calibre global competitor he would actively try to recruit the person. Other franchise holders have not shown this gumption...it is better to find one diamond in the rough and recruit her than to just make generic appeals to the public.

A few years ago, I mentioned on MISSO that Peter asked my cousin to enter Miss T&T either for MU OR MW. 
Back then & even now she's been modelling locally generally (costumes) and is a dancer for weddings, fetes etc. 

Facially she's pretty & her body/physique is pageant ready. Very fit because she's always exercising, VERY confident on stage, she likes entertaining big crowds, GOOD @ NETWORKING, educated (typical Convent Girl - 'ConVUNT Girrrrl LOL!!) who has a Bachelor's with Honors in Accounting) & well spoken. 

HOWEVER she isn't the tallest. We're the same height @ 5'7 & she has some shortcomings. VERY SARAH JANE LIKE (attitude wise), just to give you an idea of how she MIGHT come across to some ppl. 

Despite this, the fact that Peter of all ppl. recommended that she enter, means that he probably saw a LOT of potential beyond her (physical attributes).
She'd still be RAW IMO for pageant standards but had Peter trained her, she'd have been a force to be reckoned with. 

One of the reasons she did NOT bother back then was because she was around 19 & was focused on finishing her Bachelor's. 
ALSO since Peter was no longer franchise holder, without him there at the helm she saw NO incentive to join. THAT'S HOW STRONG AN IMPACT HE HAD BACK THEN & EVEN NOW. 

You're SPOT ON with this part of your post (below). I could not have said it better.
I'll give CHARU a free pass FOR NOW since she seems VERY GREEN in the pageant arena as a Franchise Holder HOWEVER Adrian Raymond & Richard Young SHOULD KNOW BETTER. They been involved in pageantry for TOO LONG/DONKEY YEARS to NOT know that Peter's strategy with our culture was the most effective/ NECESSARY to find that 'Diamond in the Rough'.  Neutral

"This was also what set Peter Elias apart...when he found someone with the potential to be a top calibre global competitor he would actively try to recruit the person. Other franchise holders have not shown this gumption...it is better to find one diamond in the rough and recruit her than to just make generic appeals to the public".

GOOD POINT about Wendy & Peter. I was digging for the longest time to find the interview with Wendy where she told this story & FINALLY found it thanks to PAGEANT CORNER TT on Instagram 

Kimberly
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Number of posts : 46
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Janelle Penny Commissiong
Registration date : 2023-11-12
Female

Back to top Go down

ROAD TO MISS WORLD TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2024 - Page 2 Empty Re: ROAD TO MISS WORLD TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2024

Post  Cello Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:00 am

I wish I could find a proper list of the ladies who screened (or at least made it past the first screening). Based on the content posted to the office page, I find Prishni Rampersadsingh to have that diamond-in-the-rough quality. I hope she screens for MUTT if MWTT doesn't work out. There's some serious potential in her, and NATURAL beauty.

Arlene Peterkin's daughter needs to swiftly take a flight and go back from whence she came. She doesn't have the physical attributes to match the cockiness, and that boob job is terrible. Her mother was a real heavy-weight in her day and made waves at MU, but the daughter isn't it, I'm sorry.

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 88
Favourite Miss : Wendy Fitzwilliam
Registration date : 2023-11-01
Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:44 pm

I am so disappointed with the slate this year. 

Sonia was the most beautiful facially at the presentation but she along with most are pageant midgets. 

D. Steele looked more plain than expected.

I don't think Charu or anyone from her team did any scouting for quality ahead of the screening. They had more than a year during Ache's reign to start looking for one or two really competitive delegates....I am just so disappointed.

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 485
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Miss World 2021
Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Registration date : 2023-10-28
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:01 am

The 17 finalists for Miss World Trinidad & Tobago 2024 are:
Miss Aranguez - Prishni Rampersadsingh
Miss Arima - Anna-Marie Bhagan
Miss Arouca - Tessalee Homer
Miss Bon Air - Kirsten Bleasdell
Miss Couva - Kirsten Emmanuel
Miss El Dorado - Jodie Russell
Miss Gasparillo - Kayla Alexander
Miss Gulf View - Jordanne Steele
Miss La Canoa - Mary-Rebekah Reyes
Miss Marabella - Natalia Thackorie
Miss Maraval - Mia Alario
Miss Pax Vale - Anna-Lise Nanton
Miss Point Fortin - Ally Sequea
Miss Princes Town - Sonia Birbal
Miss Sun Valley - Beyoncé Bernard
Miss Tobago - Renessa Ortiz
Miss Toco - Hannah Roberts

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:11 am

The slate is so average this year...they should just crown Prishni (Aranguez) and start intense training..but knowing how they are special they might want to crown Mia or Daniella. Sad

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:15 am

Miss Aranguez - Prishni R. She's a final year medical student. I incorrectly thought she was a vet because she wants to advocate for animal adoption. Go figure!

ROAD TO MISS WORLD TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2024 - Page 2 Prishni

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Cello likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:31 am

Toco - Hanna R. She is a lawyer. I expect her to be in the final 6. She could pull a surprise win. 
ROAD TO MISS WORLD TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2024 - Page 2 Toco

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Cello likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:54 am

So they are doing a reality series this year and the chose a reality "star" from BRAVO in the final 17....is the maths, maths-ing? Lol!

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cello Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:13 am

Frank Speech wrote:The slate is so average this year...they should just crown Prishni (Aranguez) and start intense training..but knowing how they are special they might want to crown Mia or Daniella. Sad

I'm 100% with you on Prishni. She has great potential. She also looks great in videos, and her 'baby hair' and smile are very charming! She also seems to have a MW personality type, and some height.

I don't think Julia would be disappointed with a well-trained Prishni as a successor to Ache! Julia's eyes will be on us after seeing how Ache won so many hearts!

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Other / Decline to state

Frank Speech likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Cello Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:23 am

Frank Speech wrote:So they are doing a reality series this year and the chose a reality "star" from BRAVO in the final 17....is the maths, maths-ing? Lol!

All this to prop up their fave! They will bat hard for Mia.

Seeing more videos of Prishni, and in every one of them I have to look twice when I see her, because she is standing out! That is EXACTLY what we need.

And not to sound prejudiced or anything, but I think we're overdue for an East Indian rep at one of the big-two pageants, Prish fits the bill.

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post  chellowmellow Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:11 pm

I saw a video of Mia where one of the cast members of Southern Hospitality called her a hoe and that every weekend sleeps with another man... The girl went on calling her fake and that she is not a girls girl... 

But oh well... I will say this, girls passed the Caroni bridge ain't good enough for the 1 percenters except if they are from Palmiste and Gulf View. Charu is very elitist...And it is quite evident...

chellowmellow
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Number of posts : 36
Favourite Miss : Julia Morley
Registration date : 2024-03-08
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:03 am

Cello wrote:
Frank Speech wrote:So they are doing a reality series this year and the chose a reality "star" from BRAVO in the final 17....is the maths, maths-ing? Lol!

All this to prop up their fave! They will bat hard for Mia.

Seeing more videos of Prishni, and in every one of them I have to look twice when I see her, because she is standing out! That is EXACTLY what we need.

And not to sound prejudiced or anything, but I think we're overdue for an East Indian rep at one of the big-two pageants, Prish fits the bill.
You really think these judges and this franchise holder would even give Prishni a second thought? I am going to say it....I would be shocked if anyone of East Indian decent wins this pageant. 

...and thus far based on the what I saw from Ache at the H2H challenge and finals, I can't say I saw any real improvement in interview from Ache....what type of training is really going on? Charu has not shown that she is interested in training someone from "scratch" as Peter Elias used to do. 

This reality series is not good in my opinion....I wondering if Charu will want to crown Mia so she can get Mia to wear some of her outfits so she can get some traction with US clients.

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Cello and chellowmellow like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:12 am

chellowmellow wrote:I saw a video of Mia where one of the cast members of Southern Hospitality called her a hoe and that every weekend sleeps with another man... The girl went on calling her fake and that she is not a girls girl... 

But oh well... I will say this, girls passed the Caroni bridge ain't good enough for the 1 percenters except if they are from Palmiste and Gulf View. Charu is very elitist...And it is quite evident...
Mia is not what MW is looking for. The fact that Charu and those judges had more 'green' candidates who with proper training would be a better fit for MW  and did not even place them in the top 17, while Mia there who acting like she is better than us "natives" and she is doing us a favor by entering just shows what they are about. The 1% and their friends will always get though. 

Peter Elias did not have any of this nasty attitude. All he cared about was getting the young lady with the right potential and then he would train rigorously to make her a global competitor. 

Right now, Charu cannot convince me that she did more for Ache at the actual final MW competition than C&S did for Faith at the MU competition. Charu was very lucky Ache screened. 

Charu has more than enough time to train a green candidate to be a seasoned, global competitor. Let's see if they really care about training or in just crowing people from their segment of society.

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

chellowmellow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  chellowmellow Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:04 am

Frank Speech wrote:
chellowmellow wrote:I saw a video of Mia where one of the cast members of Southern Hospitality called her a hoe and that every weekend sleeps with another man... The girl went on calling her fake and that she is not a girls girl... 

Mia is not what MW is looking for. The fact that Charu and those judges had more 'green' candidates who with proper training would be a better fit for MW  and did not even place them in the top 17, while Mia there who acting like she is better than us "natives" and she is doing us a favor by entering just shows what they are about. The 1% and their friends will always get though. 

Peter Elias did not have any of this nasty attitude. All he cared about was getting the young lady with the right potential and then he would train rigorously to make her a global competitor. 

Right now, Charu cannot convince me that she did more for Ache at the actual final MW competition than C&S did for Faith at the MU competition. Charu was very lucky Ache screened. 

Charu has more than enough time to train a green candidate to be a seasoned, global competitor. Let's see if they really care about training or in just crowing people from their segment of society.

Navin and Charu only have the money, other than that... I don't think they do a good job.

chellowmellow
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  chellowmellow Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:27 am

Just resharing an old article... 

Miss Trinidad and Tobago for Miss World and Miss Universe may well be taking their final bow this year.

Pageant organiser and local fashion personality Peter Elias is lamenting that the powers-that-be have not readily come forward to offer financial support for the pageants and he is at the point of throwing in his hat when it comes to promoting this country internationally.

Elias told Sunday Newsday that he has been forced to personally take out bank loans to finance the competition. Even the destiny of Miss TT World, Gabrielle Walcott, was on shaky ground for a while. Walcott is now in South Africa doing her best to properly represent the country for this year’s competition.

The fashion guru said that after the embarrassing absence of Miss TT in 2007, the Government had made a commitment of their continued support. “Last year, we didn’t go to Miss Universe because I was unable to generate any support from private sponsors. I was in touch with the then Minister of Community Develop-ment, Culture and Gender Affairs, Joan Yuille-Williams.

“After we couldn’t raise the money last year to send a representative, we got a commitment from the Ministry that this will never happen again. The Minister vowed that the Government will always support Miss TT.”

Elias said that the Government honoured its commitment by fully supporting Miss TT in preparation for the Miss World competition, but has since failed to be as forthcoming with the funding for the other representative. Said Elias, “We selected Valene Maharaj as Miss TT World and she went on to do very well. She was the third runner up. Foolishly, I believed we could count on them. We had our selection in February and we selected two delegates, Anya Ayoung-Chee for Miss Universe and Gabrielle Walcott for Miss World. But I got the Government’s show of support the day before Anya left for the competition. They gave us a cheque for $100,000.”

But, he explained, it costs a pretty penny to prepare a representative for the competition. “Generally we need about $350,000 to $400,000 per delegate per show. This money goes into various things. From their participation fee, airfare, hotel accommodations, a stipend for the girl and her manager, nutrition, gym trainer and, depending on the girl, there are assorted fees for dancing, vocal training, stage performance, public speaking, photography and makeup and hairstyling lessons. Each delegate requires different training. They agreed then, that this was not much money for the potential of return of their investment. You cannot measure what these girls bring to the country because it’s priceless.”

Elias said he personally appealed to the Prime Minister’s Office to convey the dire straits the women and the competition were in. In addition, Elias indicated, he has written a number of letters about the situation, but to no avail.

“I have written so many letters. Just reminding them of the budget and the timing of the event, being as courteous as I can. Imagine the frustration of calling and writing with no response for months.”

A ray of hope came in the form of a cheque, Elias noted. “They had previously given us the $100,000 for Anya. Subsequent to that, I was forwarded to the Sport and Culture Fund where we got $280,000 for specific aspects of the training. Then in August, we got one more $100,000 from the Ministry. So today we have received $480,000, almost $300,000 short of our budgeted need (for both women).”

According to Elias, the budgeted need tends to wax and wane depending on unforeseeable events, “When I go through the costs it’s remarkable. For instance, Gabby’s show was postponed from August to December 13, so I had to train her for two more months than anticipated. We had prepared a winter wardrobe for the competition which was supposed to be held in the Ukraine, then it was moved to South Africa a warm climate so now we had to buy a better suited wardrobe.”

Elias said that the most upsetting aspect of the situation is the apparent indifference he has met in trying to deal with the situation.

“The job of the (Culture Ministry) is to promote the culture of Trinidad and Tobago. You have to appreciate that the success this country has enjoyed in the last ten years, since I have been working with the competition, has only been because of my thorough preparation. It has not been accidental or luck. So we are promoting our country, but not being supported by our country.”

He compared our lack of support for national delegates to other countries. “Many first world countries recognise the promotion as a form of a marketing tool whereas in developing countries governments usually sponsor the competition because they consider it a developmental tool for young women and a strategy to promote their country on the world stage.”

The Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Community Develop-ment, Culture and Gender Affairs, Earl Nesbitt, could not be reached for comment.

ROAD TO MISS WORLD TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2024 - Page 2 Trinidad2020tobago1

chellowmellow
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Female

Frank Speech, Cello and chellowmellow like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:59 pm

So Miss Arima said she is 5'2"....that means Prishni is about 5'5" or 5'6"....and Prishni is not one of the shorter delegates. Tobago at 5'9" seems to be towering over all the other delegates. Tobago will be in the final 5 or 6. Toco (about the same height as Prishni or slightly shorter) might win if the two 1% don't perform, but right now she needs to stop interviewing like a lawyer and more like a beauty queen....do I see her placing at MW...right now no...but as I said with points from BWAP an average delegate has a chance of scraping a top 40 spot. No amount of resume going to save any TT rep at MW when you get there and realize at leat 60 ladies could out talk some journalists.

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:04 pm

In terms of the BWAP platforms at least a couple of the delegates are totally lost. 

The one with the BWAP platform idea that stands out thus far is Tobago but how well this pans out depends on her funding and what she does with it. I don't recall any delegate at MW with a BWAP project that recognizes the importance of fathers in the home and the impact this has on children - that already sets her apart and the fact that she can speak to this based on her own experience is a positive once she is willing to open up honestly about this experience.

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

chellowmellow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:09 pm

Miss Toco. I love you Hopefully she can whip her body into MU shape and improve in interviews.  One of the best faces in the competition in my opinion. I like her! Currently she is my fave along with Prishni.
ROAD TO MISS WORLD TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2024 - Page 2 435435133-406453102145943-2919596080466865595-n

ROAD TO MISS WORLD TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2024 - Page 2 437066144-406452788812641-8686721037225688516-n

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Cello likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:14 pm

Miss Tobago 2024
ROAD TO MISS WORLD TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2024 - Page 2 437056234-406452682145985-523757945123071978-n

ROAD TO MISS WORLD TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2024 - Page 2 435381977-406452995479287-3814191665121003824-n

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Cello likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Cello Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:18 am

• I have to admit that Miss Tobago has a nice face, but she's giving that show-no-teeth grimace smile Magdalene Walcott used to do. There is some component missing with respect to her confidence, and now is the time for her to figure out what it is, and rectify it. I can see her winning the local leg.

• Prishni has a big tattoo going down her spine (but I peeped other delegates with tattoos too, and MW does not have a SS segment). It threw me off a bit, but the girl looks like a movie star on camera. I can also see Prishni winning locally, but I'm not sure of CLD's willingness to crown a non-afro-Trini. I think if Prishni isn't successful here, she should work on herself, and consider MUTT next year.

• Miss Toco looks very confident, and is also very beautiful. However, I'm concerned about her chances under the 'continental system' for an Americas spot, when there may be others that look like her from the African region. Granted, same can be said for Prishni (who can be compared to India and its neighbours), and Miss Tobago (who can also be compared to other African delegates).

• Princes Town is facially gorgeous, but so tiny! Ache was special, despite her lack of height.

• I wouldn't sleep on Pt. Fortin, despite how green she seems. She can be competitive with some work.

As of now, its between Tobago and Toco for me, with Prishni slightly behind only because I don't think she's what 'THEY' are looking for.

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post  chellowmellow Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:12 pm

I agree with Cello. Julia is eyeing Trinidad and Tobago, but I am not confident with this batch. Miss Princes Town is the prettiest but she is boring! She will be a downgrade to Ache. Miss Tobago (is genuinely a nice person) I love her! I am actually one of the few that think Tobago should compete separately at Miss World - it will be good for their tourism... Yall don't come for me! 

Miss Toco is really nice. Say what you all want, Jordanne Steele is giving me Gabby Walcott vibes. Mia is stunning but she is a character! 

I honestly do not have a favourite...

chellowmellow
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cello Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:30 am

chellowmellow wrote:I agree with Cello. Julia is eyeing Trinidad and Tobago, but I am not confident with this batch. Miss Princes Town is the prettiest but she is boring! She will be a downgrade to Ache. Miss Tobago (is genuinely a nice person) I love her! I am actually one of the few that think Tobago should compete separately at Miss World - it will be good for their tourism... Yall don't come for me! 

Miss Toco is really nice. Say what you all want, Jordanne Steele is giving me Gabby Walcott vibes. Mia is stunning but she is a character! 

I've always supported the notion of Tobago competing separately. I actually thought that was the intention when they held their own pageant, only to find out the winner still has to compete in Trinidad. Tobago has no shortage of beautiful women!

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:33 pm

Cello wrote:
chellowmellow wrote:I agree with Cello. Julia is eyeing Trinidad and Tobago, but I am not confident with this batch. Miss Princes Town is the prettiest but she is boring! She will be a downgrade to Ache. Miss Tobago (is genuinely a nice person) I love her! I am actually one of the few that think Tobago should compete separately at Miss World - it will be good for their tourism... Yall don't come for me! 

I've always supported the notion of Tobago competing separately. I actually thought that was the intention when they held their own pageant, only to find out the winner still has to compete in Trinidad. Tobago has no shortage of beautiful women!
The mere fact that all the stalwarts could not pick  a clear winner from screening nor the presenation of the top 17  is a red flag. This slate is just average.

To clarify, I may say 'favorite' but none of them are favorites in the real sense (contenders for top 4 at MW).

For now, I would say Toco could win. If she was receiving Peter Elias & Associates level of training then we may have a chance at a top 40 and a surprise top 12....but this is being very optimistic.  Toco needs to whip her body and mind into top form like Kenisha Tom did for MW.

Tobago in the top 3 would be fine with me.

@Chellomellow I am not seeing what you are talking about with JSteele and Gabby - Gabby was never so thick at either MWTT or MUTT nor have I heard JSteele say anything that indicates she is going to be a contender for H2H. However, she has enough time to lose the weight and learn. Potential-wise she is one of the better delegates. I still like her from screening but she has alot of work to put in if she expects to improve. I ain't even convinced the franchise holders would be willing to do the level of training needed to make her the best version of herself by March 2025. (Where is Peter Elias when we need him?). I would prefer if JSteele works on herself for the next year and re-enters as a more seasoned delegate next year but....it is what it is.

From everything I have seen from most of the franchise holders post-Peter Elias and Associates, I suspect Jordanne and Mia are who they want, with Jordanne  as the preferred. Mia is going to be a hard sell to the regular Trinis and I only see her clapping at MW. 

At WM, for the top 12 the Caribbean and Americas are lumped together  collectively as one region from which only 3 delegates advance.

Ache was exceptional in interview and had one of the best faces in the competition. Toco if properly trained might be a factor in H2H and interviews.  Considering the prize package, this slate is to  disappointing....I would have been pleased if we had one global contender in the line-up. Right now we just trying to figure out if we could scape a top 40 at the next edition of MW. 

I agree with Chellomellow and Cello - Ache keeps representing and Mrs. Morely will be looking out to see who we send for the next edition. I hope Charu and her team really delivers on an intense, appropriately focused training schedule for whoever is crowned.

Last edited by Frank Speech on Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:26 am; edited 4 times in total

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm

As I have said before, there are only beautiful ladies at pageants nowadays....

ROAD TO MISS WORLD TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2024 - Page 2 439242056-410457661745487-6219842817617391395-n

ROAD TO MISS WORLD TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2024 - Page 2 439299193-410457648412155-5081914880770232366-n

ROAD TO MISS WORLD TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2024 - Page 2 439336691-410457688412151-7930629489535132894-n

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:17 pm

I suspect Tobago, Toco, Mia and Jordanne's places in the top 5 are already secure. It will be interesting to see if they place Prishni in the top 5 for the actual final.

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next