PAGEANT-MANIA
Miss Universe 1985 - Deborah Carthy Deu (Puerto Rico) 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
Miss Universe 1985 - Deborah Carthy Deu (Puerto Rico) 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miss Universe 1985 - Deborah Carthy Deu (Puerto Rico)

+3
Cyly
reyna_USA
Wojtek
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Miss Universe 1985 - Deborah Carthy Deu (Puerto Rico) Empty Miss Universe 1985 - Deborah Carthy Deu (Puerto Rico)

Post  Wojtek Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:13 pm

Deborah Fátima Carthy-Deu (born January 5, 1966) in Santurce, Puerto Rico. She became the second Miss Universe from Puerto Rico. The contest was held at James L. Knight Center of Miami, Florida on July 15, 1985.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 29557
Favourite Pageant : None
Favourite Miss : Aneta Kreglicka, Alyssa Campanella
Registration date : 2010-06-24
Male

Back to top Go down

Miss Universe 1985 - Deborah Carthy Deu (Puerto Rico) Empty Re: Miss Universe 1985 - Deborah Carthy Deu (Puerto Rico)

Post  Wojtek Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:14 pm

Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Miss Universe 1985 - Deborah Carthy Deu (Puerto Rico) Empty Re: Miss Universe 1985 - Deborah Carthy Deu (Puerto Rico)

Post  reyna_USA Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:23 pm

Spain thought she was the winner, she did not know English at all. I was a child, but I remember seeing this pageant.
reyna_USA
reyna_USA
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 6786
Favourite Pageant : MISS GRAND INTERNATIONAL
Favourite Miss : Christiane Martel, Dayanara Torres, Shandi Finnessey, Natalie Glebova, Zhang Zilin & Ada De La Cruz

Registration date : 2010-08-09
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Wojtek Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:33 pm

reyna_USA wrote:Spain thought she was the winner, she did not know English at all. I was a child, but I remember seeing this pageant.

This situation reminds me of Miss Cafe '10 when Iwona Wyrzykowska of Poland thought that she's the winner cuz she didnt understand spanish Smile

Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  reyna_USA Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:36 pm

Wojtek wrote:
reyna_USA wrote:Spain thought she was the winner, she did not know English at all. I was a child, but I remember seeing this pageant.

This situation reminds me of Miss Cafe '10 when Iwona Wyrzykowska of Poland thought that she's the winner cuz she didnt understans spanish Smile

Oh my!! I wouldn't want to be in those girls shoes. The polish and spanish girls. Embarassed Embarassed
reyna_USA
reyna_USA
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Favourite Miss : Christiane Martel, Dayanara Torres, Shandi Finnessey, Natalie Glebova, Zhang Zilin & Ada De La Cruz

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Wojtek Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:40 pm

reyna_USA wrote:
Wojtek wrote:

This situation reminds me of Miss Cafe '10 when Iwona Wyrzykowska of Poland thought that she's the winner cuz she didnt understans spanish Smile

Oh my!! I wouldn't want to be in those girls shoes. The polish and spanish girls. Embarassed Embarassed

Poor them, but 2nd place is not bad too
Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  reyna_USA Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:42 pm

Wojtek wrote:
reyna_USA wrote:
Wojtek wrote:

Not at all, many girls only dream being at least called in the top 15 in any pageant. So a 1st runner up place is almost like winning. Smile
reyna_USA
reyna_USA
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Wojtek Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:02 pm

reyna_USA wrote:
Wojtek wrote:
reyna_USA wrote:
Wojtek wrote:

Not at all, many girls only dream being at least called in the top 15 in any pageant. So a 1st runner up place is almost like winning. Smile

Especially on most important pageants Smile

In Miss Cafe '10 participated also Elisabeth of Venezuela who won later MI but on miss cafe she was only 5th, so they can be happy that they were better than her
Very Happy
Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  reyna_USA Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:14 pm

Wojtek wrote:
reyna_USA wrote:
Wojtek wrote:
reyna_USA wrote:
Wojtek wrote:

Especially on most important pageants Smile

In Miss Cafe '10 participated also Elisabeth of Venezuela who won later MI but on miss cafe she was only 5th, so they can be happy that they were better than her
Very Happy
Of course they are, I do not like Elizabeth at all, and she is the queen of surgeries.
reyna_USA
reyna_USA
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyly Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:59 pm

realy? I didnt know about this , very FUNNY story, thanks for sharing Reyna Laughing Laughing Laughing
Cyly
Cyly
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 5700
Favourite Pageant : MISS UNIVERSE
Favourite Miss : Ximena Navarrete
Registration date : 2009-04-20
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  reyna_USA Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:18 am

Cyly wrote:

realy? I didnt know about this , very FUNNY story, thanks for sharing Reyna Laughing Laughing Laughing
You're welcome, you can see in the picture above, Miss Spain very excited when Bob Barker said: THE 1ST RUNNER UP IS SPAIN, she thought she was the winner. lol!
reyna_USA
reyna_USA
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyly Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:29 am

reyna_USA wrote:
Cyly wrote:

You're welcome, you can see in the picture above, Miss Spain very excited when Bob Barker said: THE 1ST RUNNER UP IS SPAIN, she thought she was the winner. lol!

I would love to see her reaction AFTER ..... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Cyly
Cyly
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Wojtek Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:34 am

Cyly wrote:
reyna_USA wrote:
Cyly wrote:

She wasn't happy for sure
Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyly Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:36 am

Wojtek wrote:
Cyly wrote:
reyna_USA wrote:
Cyly wrote:

lol! Do u think ?
Cyly
Cyly
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Wojtek Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:58 am

Cyly wrote:
Wojtek wrote:
Cyly wrote:
reyna_USA wrote:
Cyly wrote:

lol! Do u think ?

Her smile had to be very fake when she realized that she's not the winner
Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  reyna_USA Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:14 am

Here is Deborah's crowning moment, for only half a second we can see Spain's Teresa Sanchez Lopez how she reacts thinking that she was the winner. She was very nervous, and also you see that Deborah understand everything Bob is saying before announcing the winner, she was noding her head saying yes and Teresa was just standing there, did not understand a WORD. Surprised

reyna_USA
reyna_USA
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  reyna_USA Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:35 am

reyna_USA
reyna_USA
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  reyna_USA Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:45 am

This pic is worth a million, look at Teresa's reaction, on the right look at a blonde Maritza Sayalero's face, in the left back look at Venezuela's Silvia Martinez 3rd r u face and beside her Miss Zaire ( now Democratic Rep. of Congo ) Kayonga Benita Mureka Tete who was 2nd r u, she reacted like she was the winner. What a Face

Teresa doesn't look very thrilled in this pic, I guess she finally realized that she was not the winner. lol!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/quote]
reyna_USA
reyna_USA
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Wojtek Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:50 am

reyna_USA wrote:
Teresa doesn't look very thrilled in this pic, I guess she finally realized that she was not the winner. lol!

It looks like she was thinking: "It should be mine crown and sash" lol!

But I have to say that she's much prettier than the winner
Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  kleftokotou Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:55 am

Wojtek wrote:...... I have to say that she's much prettier than the winner[/size][/font]
MUCH MORE PRETTIER!!
kleftokotou
kleftokotou
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 9840
Favourite Pageant : MW & MU
Favourite Miss : EVANGELIA ARAVANI/ILIANA PAPAGEORGIOU/ROLENE STRAUSS/MAREEYA POONLERTLARP
Registration date : 2009-05-20
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  reyna_USA Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:03 am

Wojtek wrote:
reyna_USA wrote:

It looks like she was thinking: "It should be mine crown and sash" lol!

But I have to say that she's much prettier than the winner
Yes, I also thought the same.... lol!

You know, last year I saw Deborah in a shopping mall and met her and we chatted for a while, and she looks soooo different in person. Eventhough that now she is in her 40's she looks so pretty and very lovely ( I had the same thoughts about her for many years, did not like her ) but after last year I completely changed my mind about her. In TV and in pictures she doesn't look very well, but in person she is another thing. Shocked Like a Star @ heaven
reyna_USA
reyna_USA
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Wojtek Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:10 am

kleftokotou wrote:
Wojtek wrote:...... I have to say that she's much prettier than the winner[/size][/font]
MUCH MORE PRETTIER!!

But her evening gown was horrible! It could be a reason that she didn't win

Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  ZELJO Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:38 am

you are all wrong, guys
First thing TERESA said in the airport, after coming back from the MU in Miami was than she reacted like that BY HAPPINESS knowing she wasnt the winner, she didnt want to win because spending a whole year far from Seville, bf, relatives, etc, wasnt her cup of tea, in fact she said, ganar MU es un autentico coñazo, something like, winning MU is a big shit

ZELJO
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 36
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : only one? probably Claudia Escobar Zapata, Miss Colombia world 1987
Registration date : 2011-07-06
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bonner Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:54 am

ZELJO wrote:you are all wrong, guys
First thing TERESA said in the airport, after coming back from the MU in Miami was than she reacted like that BY HAPPINESS knowing she wasnt the winner, she didnt want to win because spending a whole year far from Seville, bf, relatives, etc, wasnt her cup of tea, in fact she said, ganar MU es un autentico coñazo, something like, winning MU is a big shit

so this is the real story? thanks for sharing..anyway i love to see a forumer from Spain here Very Happy
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 115311
Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)
Rachel Smith(Miss USA 2007)
Angela Martini (Miss Albania Universe 2010)

Registration date : 2008-11-17
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  ZELJO Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:18 am

bonner wrote:
ZELJO wrote:you are all wrong, guys

so this is the real story? thanks for sharing..anyway i love to see a forumer from Spain here Very Happy

mapuhai Very Happy gracias

ZELJO
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 36
Favourite Miss : only one? probably Claudia Escobar Zapata, Miss Colombia world 1987
Registration date : 2011-07-06
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next