PAGEANT-MANIA
Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014)

+2
Trinifan
reyna_USA
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) Empty Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014)

Post  reyna_USA Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:14 am

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 10382410

reyna_USA
reyna_USA
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 6786
Favourite Pageant : MISS GRAND INTERNATIONAL
Favourite Miss : Christiane Martel, Dayanara Torres, Shandi Finnessey, Natalie Glebova, Zhang Zilin & Ada De La Cruz

Registration date : 2010-08-09
Female

Back to top Go down

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) Empty Re: Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014)

Post  reyna_USA Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:16 am

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) Lau310

reyna_USA
reyna_USA
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 6786
Favourite Pageant : MISS GRAND INTERNATIONAL
Favourite Miss : Christiane Martel, Dayanara Torres, Shandi Finnessey, Natalie Glebova, Zhang Zilin & Ada De La Cruz

Registration date : 2010-08-09
Female

Back to top Go down

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) Empty Re: Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014)

Post  Trinifan Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:52 am

Source: Trinidad Carnival Diary FB page

The girls in Monday Wear by Rhion Romany

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) Image

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) Image

Trinifan
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 574
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Kenisha Thom (Miss World Trinidad and Toago 2004)
Registration date : 2013-04-07
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinifan Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:56 am

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 10592694_10152378790085777_7306513756432521936_n

Trinifan
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinifan Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:24 am

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) Jev1

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) Jev2

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) Jev3

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) Jev

Trinifan
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinifan Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:41 pm

FINAL RESULTS
Photo Credit: Miss UniverseTT (Facebook Page)
Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) Mu2
WINNER: Jevon King
1stRU: Anikka Reveillac
2ndRU: Krystyna-Lee Alexander
3rdRU: Trevine Sellier
4thRU: Katrina Laydoo

Trinifan
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bonner Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:32 pm

lovely skin tone ..I love that... proper hair styling
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 115220
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)
Rachel Smith(Miss USA 2007)
Angela Martini (Miss Albania Universe 2010)

Registration date : 2008-11-17
Male

Back to top Go down

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) Empty :)

Post  Marcia Bia Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:18 pm

She was my fave, but the pics have a big difference with and without PS.
Marcia Bia
Marcia Bia
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 1019
Favourite Pageant : All
Favourite Miss : Natalie Glebova and Ksenia Shukinova
Registration date : 2011-08-04
Female

https://www.facebook.com/MissesInFocus/

Back to top Go down

Post  ovidius Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:20 pm

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 10593010

PAGEANT REPORTER
PAGEANT REPORTER

Number of posts : 19161
Favourite Pageant : Star Hellas,Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Irini Skliva,Evelina Papantoniou,Rea Toutounzi,Evagelia Aravani,Doukissa Nomikou,Iliana Papageorgiou,Ismini Dafopoulou
Registration date : 2009-05-24
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  ovidius Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:21 pm

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 10410710

PAGEANT REPORTER
PAGEANT REPORTER

Favourite Miss : Irini Skliva,Evelina Papantoniou,Rea Toutounzi,Evagelia Aravani,Doukissa Nomikou,Iliana Papageorgiou,Ismini Dafopoulou
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Wojtek Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:00 pm

She doesn't look good on the crowning pics  No 

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) Source
Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 29557
Favourite Pageant : None
Favourite Miss : Aneta Kreglicka, Alyssa Campanella
Registration date : 2010-06-24
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinifan Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:51 pm

Photo Source: Kirk Thomas Makeup Artistry Facebook Page
Photography: Calvin French 
Hair Styled by: Bally 
Gown and Accessories: Peter Elias
Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) Jevon

Trinifan
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinifan Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:55 pm

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 10580029_827230067328250_3302932336974690076_n

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 10547587_827230023994921_3440623551161475359_n
Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 10369893_827229873994936_5835914349277130978_n
Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 1908405_827229887328268_5214254203228169100_n
Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 10409394_827229953994928_4015331648845094776_n
Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 10533258_827229970661593_1549777174031443351_n
Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 10599599_827230007328256_8594356868006314355_n

Trinifan
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinifan Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:57 pm

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 1604604_331168780376121_5194228496406338110_n
Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 925073_685583031496161_236189308_n

Trinifan
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinifan Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:39 pm

Miss Trinidad and Tobago Final video.....

Trinifan
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinifan Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:07 pm

Source: Trinidad and Tobago Express
Link: http://www.trinidadexpress.com/woman-magazine/The--depth---spirit--of-her-271477001.html

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 20140817_WE001

"
The depth & spirit of her soul
Jevon King Miss T&T/Universe
By Lorraine Waldropt-Ferguson
Story Created: Aug 15, 2014 at 10:41 PM ECT
Story Updated: Aug 15, 2014 at 10:41 PM ECT 

Story Updated: Aug 15, 2014 at 10:41 PM ECT 

“Jevon is ah sweet child, you simply must get to know her. Girl, is like she always had it in her... I remember we were watching Wendy on TV when she won the Miss Universe crown, Jevon was just nine years old. That child just looked at me and said- ‘mummy one day I will be Miss Universe, just wait and see!’ We knew 2014 was her year- I told her to go and just do it! Water filled my eyes... girl, just like they filling up now” — Nicole Sydney, mother of newly crowned Miss T&T Universe, Jevon King.

The long flowing silk aquamarine dress with the slit and slightly plunging neckline with the girlish ruffles at the sides... It’s her favourite dress; it embodies many of her qualities: girl-next-door (the ruffles), sexy (the neckline), audacious (the long slit), elegant (the long, slinky cut)... “So it’s not this long beautiful dress with the black and white stripe skirt and lacy top, your crowning gown?” I ask T&T’s most recent beauty queen. “No”, she reflects. “I like it but the blue one from the pre-screening show is more me”.

The enchanting Jevon King. It is mere minutes since she was crowned Miss Universe Trinidad and Tobago and everyone is flocking to the tall, beautiful woman with the glowing skin and pretty cheekbones. She is sitting and soaking in the reality that she “is” Miss T&T, a fantasy she had since she was nine years old watching and wishing that she would one day fill the shoes of her icon, Miss Universe 1998, Wendy Fitzwilliam.

Like a fairytale, King is now on her throne, wearing the crown, posing for photos and sharing her queenly back story with me. “How are you feeling right now?” I ask (clichéd for the moment but I am curious as to what is going through her mind at this jubilant time). The former Belmont Girls’ RC School pupil is ecstatic, “To be honest, I am still in shock. I knew I made that promise to mummy so many years ago but to actually be wearing this crown is so surreal!”

Then comes one the many interruptions, “Jevon can you take these photos with me?” asks a man in a three piece suit. King obliges. “Oh Jevon, can I have one with the queen,” inserts a group of young women. And the others come forward fast and furious, like honey bees to a pretty rose; King commands the cocktail room at the Trinidad Hilton, the venue for the Tribe Ultimate Events franchised Miss Universe Pageant, like true royalty. Fashion designer Anya Ayoung-Chee,

who was one the judges comes across to congratulate the blushing 24-year-old and another judge, attorney Justin Phelps, commends her for her great performance... and the list continues. Trinidad and Tobago just can’t get enough of the Belmont born belle as Sydney’s eyes are filled with motherly tears of admiration.

Finally King and I get another quiet moment. She is so easy to talk to, so charismatic; I am surprised that with all the frenzy and euphoric bliss she still has the composure to reflect on her life story, her rough childhood and growing up without a father... But hers is not a sad story although perforated with moments of pain. King’s story is inspiring.

It is a story of how a young girl, the first of three children, grew up on St Barbs Road, Belmont, a quiet street back in the day although a busy hotspot now. “We didn’t have much; we never had material possessions and never enjoyed luxuries as children. I remember days of drinking flour porridge and sugar water at nights because mummy couldn’t afford anything else. Mummy...” She sighs and her eyes sparkle. “My mother is my hero. We didn’t have the luxury some kids had, like a present father to name a few. My mother grew us up on her own strengths. She struggled to make ends meet but she was very hardworking, ambitious and strong.

“Would you believe me if I told you that mummy used to work at a fast food outlet and went back to school and made her climb to a nursing profession which she enjoys today? My mother...She taught us to be grateful for the simple things in life, the value of hard work, faith in God and humility. The thing is in as much as we didn’t have gourmet food that porridge was like gourmet to us because it comprised of the most important ingredient- love!” 

It’s amazing indeed that King takes me back to a small modest house in St Barbs in her account and here we are amongst the celebrities and fans in a bourgeoisie hotel where she is the star. “Jevon, I was backing you all the way, you answered the question the best, your gown is breathtaking!” says a well-dressed middle-aged woman. “Yes she has queen qualities, I can see it,” mentions another older woman dressed to kill. “Can I have another photo,” beckons a photographer while the paparazzi snap every moment. Sydney, King’s sister and her brother join for the photo opportunities as the newly crowned queen smiles modestly.

Then they give a breather—Jevon King take two... We get another moment to chat. I rewind the chat to the extensive Miss Universe training which included physical training sessions, catwalk strutting sessions, cosmetic workshops, motivational/esteem building talks etc. “It was a lot of work. Some people only see the glamorous side but it’s a mix of lipstick and tears,” she laughs.

“Lipstick and tears? I ask

She explains, “The lipstick is the pretty side, the well made faces and dazzling gowns. The tears are the sleepless nights, aching toes after walking in stilettos for hours and the moments where T&T loves you and then they don’t (I don’t bother too much with this part of it though). Through it all the journey to Miss Universe was beautiful with a great qualified team, I learned so much!” “How did you cope with the challenges of your journey?” I ask. “Tribe was a good teacher and I had great family support. My mom used to make salads for me because I had to maintain a healthy balanced diet in order to look the part, my boyfriend used to massage my feet after blistering catwalk sessions and my sister, cousins and brother were my best fans. Also the people at work were very accommodating thankfully, they granted me time off for Miss Universe coaching sessions,” responds the Human Resource Administrator with the Maritime Financial Group.

“And the criticisms which I’m sure will start piling in at your win?” I engage. 

King’s expression changes with this question. Frankly, she explains, “In this life you can’t please everyone and so there will always be critics. It’s either you’re too fat or too skinny and some Trinidadians, believe me, are extremely hard to please but I don’t dwell on negativity I rise with the positive feedback and use it as my inspiration to go forward. If its one value I mastered in my childhood is strength and grace in adversity.” 

And then, the millionth interruption. “Jevon are you feeling better? I hope you are, take a good rest tonight, please do,” urges Leah Mari Guevara, Coordinator for the Miss Universe Pageant. I wonder at Guevara’s statement as King assures that she is fine. Was the winner sick before the competition? Hmmm, she didn’t seem that way. The way she majestically worked the stage/catwalk, her confident voice against youth violence — her response to the final question, oh and her pretty smile which told many words of courage, resilience but certainly not illness...

“I caught the flu a few days ago. Many of the girls in the competition got it. I was very sick last night and during the show. I actually fainted before the show because I felt a bit ill, as if my body was telling me ‘rest Jevon, rest!’ But I couldn’t give in, this is “the” chance to realise my childhood dream, to keep my promise to my mom, I couldn’t succumb...” “But you seemed so strong on stage?” I interjected. “In all the battles we

faced in the past, not once did my mom cry or sulk. A woman has to do what a woman has to do and I did what I had to do regardless of the situation. It’s just the beginning, I will put my best foot forward as Miss T&T and continue to do what I believe I am destined to do- to represent the multicultural essence of my amazing country and show the diversity and beauty of a Trinidadian woman. I want the world to see and feel who we are. I want to boost the morale of my country and bring some happiness back to my lovely nation. This is a mission I will accomplish regardless of any adversity I will face!”

It starts again, “Jevon, ah, darling, come this way, you must take these pics!” It’s the request of a stylish man in a white suit. “Jevon, girl, you’re the one, baby!” shouts a woman in a green dress who tells me that she is King’s best friend. “Jevon, drink some water at least, you must be thirsty,” is Sydney’s maternal suggestion. I take this opportunity to talk to the glowing mother of the queen once more who informs me of a million great things about her daughter. 

“She promised me she would win and she did it. And you want to hear something? Jevon and Wendy both share the same birthday — October 4th!” And so after hearing Sydney talk about King’s disappointment at not passing for her first choice, St Joseph’s Convent at SEA exams and her unexpected blissful experience at alma mater, Woodbrook Secondary School and the former model’s allergy to grass but affinity to people, I get my final interview moments with the lady in the spotlight.

Between more snaps, cheers and congratulatory gestures I dig deeper into the life of Jevon King. “Can you cook?” “Yes I love to cook, especially Sunday lunch- rice, callaloo, macaroni pie-but I can cook anything!” “Outdoor or indoor girl?” “Indoor, I’m allergic to grass!” 
I fit in two more questions in succession.
“Jeans and jersey and flats or dress and stilettos?” “Anyone depending on my mood!”
“Five years from now...” I ask. “I may be married with let’s see, one kid?” states the Human Resource Management student at the College of Science, Technology and Applied Arts of Trinidad and Tobago (COSTAATT). 
“Spiritual or religious?” “Spiritual, I start each morning and moment with a prayer, giving thanks to God is a must!” she exudes humbly.
“That blue dress, matched with silver or gold shoes?” “Silver stilettos of course!” 
And finally, “Do you feel you have accomplished your dream from when you were nine years old watching Wendy on TV?”
King sits back, ponders and answers, “I believe that the dream has just begun, when I take the stage for the competition later this year in Brazil, this will be the climax to the dream and of course becoming an ambassador of peace and helping others less fortunate throughout the world. In as much I am a unique individual, I am sure that I can make my country proud just like Wendy Fitzwilliam, just wait and see! "

Trinifan
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinifan Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 10559744_332596173566715_1721803875195674202_n

Trinifan
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  ovidius Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:21 pm

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 10547511

PAGEANT REPORTER
PAGEANT REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinifan Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:39 pm

Jevon at the Face of T&T 2014 launch (August 2014)

Trinifan
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinifan Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Source: Sarah Jane's FB page
Event: Attorney General's reception (5th September 2014)

L-R: Sarah Jane Waddell (Miss World TT 2014) with Jevon King (Miss Universe TT 2014)
Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) JEV2

Trinifan
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinifan Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:24 pm

Source: Miss Universe TT facebook page

"Spent an awesome day with TT national and #celebrityhairstylist#nealfarinahsalon.
Thanks so much! Jevon loves her new look!"

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 10702044_818520984835095_8304531909932692013_n

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 10401950_818521028168424_2897823158159076278_n

Trinifan
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  ovidius Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:20 pm

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 10387410Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 10156110

PAGEANT REPORTER
PAGEANT REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinifan Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:17 pm

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 10729194_736930929695652_2119692944_n

Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 1609565_883702285014361_2750824122068337660_n

Trinifan
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinifan Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:43 am

Source: Miss T&T Jevon King's FB page
L-R: Miss EarthTT 2004 & national Miss Universe TT director - Leah Marie Guerva; Jevon King
Jevon King (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2014) 1487323_373441352815530_1684097100311823823_n

Trinifan
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinifan Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:11 pm

Source: Jevon King Miss Universe T&T facebook page
Photographer: Riley Kerron
Makeup: Kirk Thomas
Hair: Sherma Salandy
Swimsuit: Bikini Cabana
Jewelry: ilmesjewelry
Sun glasses: Optometrist Today

Trinifan
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next