PAGEANT-MANIA
Donald Trump Selling his Interest in Miss Universe?  1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
Donald Trump Selling his Interest in Miss Universe?  1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donald Trump Selling his Interest in Miss Universe?

4 posters

Go down

Donald Trump Selling his Interest in Miss Universe?  Empty Donald Trump Selling his Interest in Miss Universe?

Post  scotty2hotty Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:52 pm

http://pagesix.com/2015/08/25/uberagent-ari-emanuel-bids-on-trumps-share-of-miss-universe/

Donald Trump is selling his share of the Miss Universe pageant, and Hollywood überagent Ari Emanuel is among the top bidders, Page Six can exclusively reveal.
Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell’s WME/IMG along with private equity firm Silver Lake, which backed WME’s purchase of IMG in 2013, are said to be one of the favored bidders for Miss Universe, according to a source.
Trump is selling his share of the Miss Universe organization — which is jointly owned by the mogul and NBCUniversal — after the furor over his comments about Mexico at his June presidential announcement.
NBC distanced itself from Trump and refused to air the pageant after his remarks, and it was eventually shown by Reelz on July 12.
A source familiar with the talks said: “Donald Trump is looking to sell his 49 percent share of Miss Universe. Ari Emanuel and IMG are interested in buying, although there are other bidders. The deal isn’t done yet.
“This comes after NBC decided to sever its business ties with Trump. They cannot continue as partners, and everyone agrees it is the best move to ensure the continuation of the pageant.”
Reelz CEO Stan E. Hubbard had said earlier this month that the pageant’s parent organization would have to change hands. “I do believe that there will probably have to be an ownership change in that organization,” he said at the Television Critics Association summer press tour. “I don’t see Trump going away easily for NBC. I don’t know how it’s going to play out.”
The purchase would make sense for Emanuel, as WME/IMG already had a licensing relationship with Miss Universe, which was expanded in 2011 to include a branded lifestyle merchandising program. And, according to an insider, “Emanuel and WME/IMG could modernize the pageant and make it into an even bigger franchise. It could easily live within IMG, which produces New York Fashion Week and has successful fashion and modeling divisions.” Reps for WME/IMG and Trump declined to comment Tuesday night.
scotty2hotty
scotty2hotty
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 7747
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Jennifer Hawkins, Marlene Schmidt, Rolene Strauss, Iris Mittenaere
Registration date : 2009-05-08
Male

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump Selling his Interest in Miss Universe?  Empty Re: Donald Trump Selling his Interest in Miss Universe?

Post  eja Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:16 pm

I just hope they don´t change it from a pageant to a modelshow....   eja

eja
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump Selling his Interest in Miss Universe?  Empty Re: Donald Trump Selling his Interest in Miss Universe?

Post  scotty2hotty Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:21 pm

Not sure how I feel about Trump selling his part of the pageant. I hope whatever happens, it alters the results instead of the same boring type winning year after year. I'm ready to see blondes and redheads win! And a 2 hour pageant rather than 3!
scotty2hotty
scotty2hotty
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 7747
Favourite Miss : Jennifer Hawkins, Marlene Schmidt, Rolene Strauss, Iris Mittenaere
Registration date : 2009-05-08
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Del Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:04 pm

Yeah!!!!! cheers cheers cheers

It seems he's serious about his presidential run!

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 8212
Registration date : 2008-08-18
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Milka Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:23 am

Del wrote:Yeah!!!!! cheers cheers cheers

It seems he's serious about his presidential run!

I doubt it. I don't think he wants to be president at all.
What he want's is to shine his brand image and show of his wealth.

His announcement to run for president was A BIG FAT JOKE!!!
Waving some paper that alledgedly says he is worth billions and billions of dollars was a joke.
Him saying that there were thousand and thousand of people there, when every journalista has said that there were not.
And now his announcement that he is prepared to use one billion to campaing.
This isn't about being president at all, this is about him and his brand image.

PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 3050
Favourite Miss : Milka Chulina
Registration date : 2009-03-04
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down