PAGEANT-MANIA
young star in the philippines who passed away 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
young star in the philippines who passed away 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

young star in the philippines who passed away

Go down

young star in the philippines who passed away Empty young star in the philippines who passed away

Post  bonner Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:36 am

young star in the philippines who passed away Mar
marky cielo just died a week with his age 20 .
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 114525
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)
Rachel Smith(Miss USA 2007)
Angela Martini (Miss Albania Universe 2010)

Registration date : 2008-11-17
Male

Back to top Go down

young star in the philippines who passed away Empty Re: young star in the philippines who passed away

Post  bonner Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:38 am

young star in the philippines who passed away 00001514
MANILA, February 17, 2005 (STAR) STARBYTES By Butch Francisco - When young actor Miko Sotto met his untimely death in the early hours of Dec. 29, 2003, he left behind a girlfriend inconsolable in her grief. That girl – as most showbiz insiders and observers would remember – has become the most popular actress of her generation and she is none other than Angel Locsin.

Until Miko died, I didn’t know Angel personally, but I got to like her a lot – especially after I observed how she had so decently conducted herself all throughout during the wake and even on other occasions when the Sottos would gather together in honor of the late actor.

In time, I was happy to see her bounce back and rise to great heights in showbusiness with new screen partner Richard Gutierrez.

But I know that in her heart, she has not totally forgotten Miko and has maintained close links with the actor’s mother, Ali Sotto.

I’d also like to think – and somehow I feel – that Miko has been guiding Angel through her success.

Why do I say this? Actually, I’ve observed some subtle manifestations – some of which you may just dismiss as pure coincidental, but not necessarily so to the people close to Miko.

In November 2003, for instance, I wrote about how the caretaker of Miko’s grave has complained about having difficulty maintaining the actor’s tomb in Loyola, Parañaque because it always gets stained with extracts from fruits of the molave tree.

The strange thing is that there is no molave tree near Miko’s grave. His tomb lies under a tree, all right, but it is narra and the caretaker swears that the fruits (berries) come from the molave trees that are planted quite far from where Miko is buried.

The caretaker’s explanation is that the birds carry the fruits from the molave tree all the way to Miko’s tomb – staining the marble top in the process. Molave, of course, is also known as mulawin, which is the title of Angel’s TV show on Channel 7. Maybe this is just coincidence – I don’t know. But why is that it is only Miko’s tomb that gets stained with extracts from the fruits of the mulawin tree? He is buried right next to his grandmother, yet the Sotto matriarch’s tomb is always clean.

From Ali Sotto’s end, she had always wanted to get a sign – any sign – from her departed son. Since the time of his death, she had always associated the butterfly with Miko.

It all started after Miko was laid to rest. As a sign that Miko was indeed in a better place, Ali asked for a butterfly and – upon returning home from the funeral – a butterfly in animation was what she first saw when she turned on the TV set to watch her son’s afternoon soap opera.

In her radio program a few days before All Saints’ Day last year, she and Arnold Clavio had as guests a group of people who deal with the paranormal. One of the questions she asked them was why some departed souls make contact with the living while others don’t. (Up to that point, Miko had never made his presence felt to her – no, not even in a dream.) During a break in the program, she went to the bathroom and saw a butterfly on the washstand’s splashboard.

Last week, when I was watching Let the Love Begin during the Cinema Evaluation Board screening (the film got a well-deserved B rating), there was something in the end that turned out to be a pleasant surprise for me. (I guess I can now reveal the ending since a lot of people have already seen the movie anyway).

When Angel Locsin and Richard Gutierrez were reunited in the end and would obviously live a life happily ever after together in the film, about a thousand butterflies filled up the screen. I immediately remembered Miko and became glassy-eyed.

I know that this is a very personal thing that only Ali Sotto, her family and people close to them (like this writer) would appreciate, but I felt like that whole scene also proved to be a tribute to Miko. There was Angel with her new screen partner Richard Gutierrez, but deep in my heart, Miko was also there – as manifested by those thousand butterflies.

For a while there, I thought it was Angel Locsin who suggested to put butterflies in the movie as her personal homage to Miko. But I realized that she is basically a shy and unassuming girl who wouldn’t meddle with production matters.

When I asked the film’s director Mac Alejandre about it, he said that it was the idea of line producer Manny Valera, who has no personal ties with Ali Sotto and family and absolutely had no idea what the butterfly symbolized for them. According to Manny, he merely suggested to put butterflies at the end because he wanted a nice "effect" to tie up the butterfly theme all over the film. Yeah, come to think of it, there were butterflies in a lot of scenes in the movie – particularly butterfly prints in the scarves worn by Angel. Manny said that they used the butterfly motif without even knowing that it was associated by Ali Sotto and family to Miko.

I don’t really know what to make of such coincidence but personally, I’d like to think that Miko still continues to guide Angel to this day and perhaps continues to manifest his presence in the strangest ways.

I hope I’m not carrying this a bit too far, but I’d like to think that Miko probably approves of Angel’s team-up with Richard Gutierrez. Maybe in the life beyond, he prays for her success – their success. This is probably the reason why Let the Love Begin has become such a big box office hit (it’s about to reach the P100-M mark). And then, there’s also their TV series Mulawin that continues to be a top winner in the race for the ratings.

Wherever he may be, I can imagine Miko Sotto to be very happy with the success of Angel Locsin and most likely must be giving his full blessings to her new pairing with Richard Gutierrez.
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)

Male

Back to top Go down

young star in the philippines who passed away Empty Re: young star in the philippines who passed away

Post  bonner Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:46 am

young star in the philippines who passed away Rico_mast
It was a news announcement that was surreal. Millions of people who heard the news were in disbelief and in shock. A very well known Filipino actor, comedian and businessman was found dead on March 29, 2002. The actor died of acute hemorrhagic pancreatitis. Rico Yan was only 27 years old.

The news came as a shock to many people. A popular co-host for ABS-CBN's "Magandang Tanghali Bayan" and an actor in the sitcom "WHATTAMEN". He has appeared in many movies and television shows. He earned a degree in Business Management at the De La Salle University. He was also a self-made millionaire with franchises such as Orbitz Pearl Shake, Tequilla Joe's, Timbuktu, Fry This and Java Hut.

He was known for his romantic tie to actress Claudine Barretto which could be compared to the Justin and Britney relationship of the Philippines due to their current popularity.

Born with the name Ricardo Carlos Castro Yan, he will be remembered as a man who was good to everyone. He treated everyone with respect. He was not the type to talk bad about people. He was the type to cheer people up and also the kind a person who would take a chance with clothes and wear bright colors. He will also be remembered by his media nickname, "Mr. Dimples".

He has also won several awards such as 1997 Best Male Star for Move Star Fan Magazine, 1999 Parangal ng Bayan - Best Young Actor and many more.

He was a highly respected individual who had been praised for his wholesome image both on and off screen. He was chosen by institutions, including the Department of Education, to be a role model for the Filipino youth. Rico had tremendous potential. His friend and co-actor Marvin Agustin said that he felt he had the potential to become president. Rico Yan was interested in politics and knew the issues very well.

But on Good Friday 2002, perhaps God needed Rico's talents for something bigger.

On the week of March 29th, Rico Yan and his friends Marvin Agustin and Dominic Ochoa were at the Dos Palmas Resort in Palawan (in the Philippines) for R&R and also to film a commercial. According to his friend Dominic Ochoa, the guys were having fun and singing karaoke.

Dominic Ochoa talked about the final moments they saw Rico when he was alive on ABS-CBN's "THE BUZZ". According to Ochoa's comments, Rico ended the night and said:

"First of all, I just want to say that he was happy. Before he said goodnight that night...he said....my friends...and then he impersonated my voice and he said...."this is the happiest moment" and he did this dance that he does and said "Guys, it's a full moon, let's wing it!... and before I say goodnight, I want you to know that this is the best moment of my life!"

The following morning Dominic tried to wake him but Rico did not wake up. He was rushed to Puerto Princesa Hospital but when doctors failed to revive him, he was pronounced dead on arrival. During the next several hours, Rico's family went to accompany his body back to Manila. Their family friend and ABS-CBN reporter broke the story and footage of the grieving family with Rico's body in a bag was shown on television.

A few weeks earlier in the Philippines, there was much speculation in the media about whether or not Rico and Claudine had split up after a well publicized argument between the couple. In December, the two were to be married. Rumors were aplenty that the couple had split, but that was not the case. Claudine Baretto tearfully explained what happened between the couple.

On the ABS-CBN show, "THE BUZZ", Claudine Barretto was in tears when she talked about how the two need time by themselves afther their well publicized argument. Holy time would give the couple time to think. She was asked to accompany him but she stayed with her family and he agreed that it would be OK. According to Claudine, when Rico returned from the reseort on the weekend their problems would be resolved. Unfortunately it wasn't to be. During the interview, Claudine Barreto could not prevent her pain and when she said her words of her love for Rico, she broke down completely.

Many of Rico's family and friends feel the pain of not being able to tell him how much they cared about him and loved him before he passed away. Many celebrities were still in shock and couldn't believe how this young actor's life could be cut so short. But for most believers, they feel Rico is in a better place and his presence, friendship and his life has touched many people.

But to remember Rico Yan, his friend and co-actor Dominic Ochoa said it best.

"Rico was a true gentleman," Dominic said tearfully.

Many people would definitely agree.

Rest in peace, Mr. Dimples. God Bless.

young star in the philippines who passed away Rico_2
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bb Pilipinas

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bonner Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:49 am

wasted young cutie
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bb Pilipinas

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down