PAGEANT-MANIA
MISS UNIVERSE RETURNS TO THE BAHAMAS!!!!! 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
MISS UNIVERSE RETURNS TO THE BAHAMAS!!!!! 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MISS UNIVERSE RETURNS TO THE BAHAMAS!!!!!

5 posters

Go down

MISS UNIVERSE RETURNS TO THE BAHAMAS!!!!! Empty MISS UNIVERSE RETURNS TO THE BAHAMAS!!!!!

Post  Aiden Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:20 am

Nassau, Bahamas - The Miss Bahamas organization along with sponsors Atlantis, Diamonds International, ZNS, The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, Sky Bahamas Airlines, BTC, Apex Awards, Mystical Fitness Centre, Bani Shoe Warehouse, Mario's Bowling and Entertainment Palace, Signature Styles, Be Dazzled, The Wellness Centre, Obsession and Fiji Water invite you to behold the amazing Timeless Beauties of the 2010 Miss Bahamas Beauty Pageant! On Friday April 9, 2010 at the British Colonial Hilton Nassau starting 8 pm.

Join special guest Stefania Fernandez, Miss Universe 2009 as you meet the 17 young ladies vying for the title of Miss Bahamas, the diamond and turquoise studded George Wittels crown, and the opportunity to represent her country at Both the Miss Universe and Miss World pageants.
Dance to the rhythms of the Royal Bahamas Defence Force Pop Band…
And be a part of an exciting auction to raise funds for the Red Cross Haiti Relief effort.
It’s the launch of the most exciting pageant in the land….
The 2010 Miss Bahamas Beauty Pageant!
Friday April 9, British Colonial Hilton Hotel, Bay Street, Nassau at 8 pm.
Aiden
Aiden
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 613
Location : Minister of the Bahamas/Nassau, New Providence Island
Registration date : 2009-02-10
Male

Back to top Go down

MISS UNIVERSE RETURNS TO THE BAHAMAS!!!!! Empty Re: MISS UNIVERSE RETURNS TO THE BAHAMAS!!!!!

Post  Lucky Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:54 am

Smile

I am really curious if there will be also announced the NEW venue for Miss Universe 2010 pageant - BAHAMAS Very Happy
Lucky
Lucky
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Number of posts : 9031
Registration date : 2008-08-07
Female

Back to top Go down

MISS UNIVERSE RETURNS TO THE BAHAMAS!!!!! Empty Re: MISS UNIVERSE RETURNS TO THE BAHAMAS!!!!!

Post  Aiden Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:46 pm

Lucky wrote:Smile

I am really curious if there will be also announced the NEW venue for Miss Universe 2010 pageant - BAHAMAS Very Happy

Well I'm not so sure about that as yet.....don't worry....if it happens I will know pretty soon...however, what I do know is that the MUO is still in talks with Croatia....it would be nice for the Miss Universe pageant to be held in Europe, especially Eastern Europe as Croatia is quite beautiful.....as for Bahamas....we would like to host it again...but probably not for another two to three years.....it would give us to time to really do some upgrades to the infrastructure on the main island and the capital city as well as the other important city and town centres on the other islands.....this time the world would get to see more of the country and what Bahamian culture is all about....so, If they return this year it would be cool but I'm not wanting it to happen at this point!
Aiden
Aiden
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:00 pm

Aiden wrote:

Well I'm not so sure about that as yet.....don't worry....if it happens I will know pretty soon...however, what I do know is that the MUO is still in talks with Croatia....it would be nice for the Miss Universe pageant to be held in Europe, especially Eastern Europe as Croatia is quite beautiful.....as for Bahamas....we would like to host it again...but probably not for another two to three years.....it would give us to time to really do some upgrades to the infrastructure on the main island and the capital city as well as the other important city and town centres on the other islands.....this time the world would get to see more of the country and what Bahamian culture is all about....so, If they return this year it would be cool but I'm not wanting it to happen at this point!

I am sure the Bahamas are really beautiful place and all the girls must be more than happy to have an opportinity for visit. On the other hand I want to see the MU in Europe!
Honestly I think the MU in Europe is an utopia, it is not so profitable for NBC to broadcast the show during a day.
Lucky
Lucky
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Tidus Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:13 pm

Lucky wrote:
Aiden wrote:

I am sure the Bahamas are really beautiful place and all the girls must be more than happy to have an opportinity for visit. On the other hand I want to see the MU in Europe!
Honestly I think the MU in Europe is an utopia, it is not so profitable for NBC to broadcast the show during a day.

I agree, and by the way.....no i dont want this in Europe anymore.
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13118
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:23 pm

Tidus wrote:
Lucky wrote:
Aiden wrote:

I totally understand Admins....and I do get it about NBC, the marketing aspect, as well as the time...but Miss Universe was held in Vietnam (Asia) and that is a totally different time zone....so if they can hold it there....then why not Europe....One of the things that drew me too Miss Unvierse...well pageants on the whole is that you not only get to see beautiful women from accross the world but you get to visit a different country and learn about the culture....it gets kind of boring when the pageant is held in only one place.....So Tidus I understand your sentiments....but I would rather Miss Universe take place in Europe this year or in another country besides the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, USA, Mexico, or Vietnam....Thailand was cool, so was Panama....Why not a place like Brazil...Argentina or even in the South Pacific....what about other European countries...like Spain, Italy, Germany, Sweden or even Russia etc...or Africa...South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Tanzania, Egypt etc.
Aiden
Aiden
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:34 pm

Aiden wrote:
Tidus wrote:
Lucky wrote:
Aiden wrote:

I totally understand Admins....and I do get it about NBC, the marketing aspect, as well as the time...but Miss Universe was held in Vietnam (Asia) and that is a totally different time zone....so if they can hold it there....then why not Europe....One of the things that drew me too Miss Unvierse...well pageants on the whole is that you not only get to see beautiful women from accross the world but you get to visit a different country and learn about the culture....it gets kind of boring when the pageant is held in only one place.....So Tidus I understand your sentiments....but I would rather Miss Universe take place in Europe this year or in another country besides the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, USA, Mexico, or Vietnam....Thailand was cool, so was Panama....Why not a place like Brazil...Argentina or even in the South Pacific....what about other European countries...like Spain, Italy, Germany, Sweden or even Russia etc...or Africa...South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Tanzania, Egypt etc.

Just a note: when MU was held in Vietnam, the finals there was in the morning because of the different time zone. That´s the reason why I am so skeptic about that...
Lucky
Lucky
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Tidus Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:41 pm

Lucky wrote:
Aiden wrote:
Tidus wrote:
Lucky wrote:
Aiden wrote:

Just a note: when MU was held in Vietnam, the finals there was in the morning because of the different time zone. That´s the reason why I am so skeptic about that...

well i wont go into details, i think my dislike of the MU agenda and tactics every year is obvious, so it goes beyond time schedules. I think no modern european country needs Tramp and that only a minority will actually benefit. Plus, i prefer to see the latinas passing the crown to each other from home.... __4ugtf84fu_h
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13118
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  kleftokotou Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:30 pm

Tidus wrote:
well i wont go into details, i think my dislike of the MU agenda and tactics every year is obvious, so it goes beyond time schedules. I think no modern european country needs Tramp and that only a minority will actually benefit. Plus, i prefer to see the latinas passing the crown to each other from home.... __4ugtf84fu_h[/b][/color]

sad but true!!!!
kleftokotou
kleftokotou
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 9840
Favourite Pageant : MW & MU
Favourite Miss : EVANGELIA ARAVANI/ILIANA PAPAGEORGIOU/ROLENE STRAUSS/MAREEYA POONLERTLARP
Registration date : 2009-05-20
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:32 am

Tidus wrote:
Lucky wrote:
Aiden wrote:
Tidus wrote:
Lucky wrote:
Aiden wrote:

well i wont go into details, i think my dislike of the MU agenda and tactics every year is obvious, so it goes beyond time schedules. I think no modern european country needs Tramp and that only a minority will actually benefit. Plus, i prefer to see the latinas passing the crown to each other from home.... __4ugtf84fu_h

I see your point....... and like you I feel the same way.....the Bahamas was a LAST MINUTE choice last year....and even tho the production was decent, I don't think the world really got to know my country at all.....It is a place with a unique culture, history and a unique set of people....the wider Bahamian economy didn't really benefit from the pageant....actually we kinda lost out cause our government spent money to meet the demands along with Atlantis....which was the Featured Venue.....to the viewers they probably think Atlantis is the centre of government for the Bahamas and the seat of power....when in actuality its just a really huge resort, impressive to look at, but just a resort. If they choose us again....I believe it could hurt our economy a bit....hosting MU is not cheap....I would rather see us host the pageant in two or three years....that way our economy would have bounced back a bit more and we would have time to really upgrade facilities.

Problem with many of the Hispanic Countries is the global economic downturn really caused them to hit rock bottom....that is why Bolivia said NO!!! and I don't really blame them....in the end Miss Universe....although we love it...is just a pageant....it comes and goes....but the welfare of the people is the long-term deciding factor....Way to Go Bolivia! cheers
Aiden
Aiden
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck1986 Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:50 pm

I wouldn't mind the Bahamas hosting the pageant again. I think they did a good job in 2009 and Bahamas is a great country with a great culture..however, I was disappointed with the final telecast. MU and NBC really focused on the American content such as having that disgusting trash of Heidi Montag as well as having the tattoed rapper Flo Rida (I like Flo Rida's songs, but a rapper for this kind of pageant, I don't think so) and the thing that disappointed me most is that MU and NBC didn't focus at all on the Bahamian culture during the final telecast. I would have loved to see more Bahamian Culture during the live telecast just like we saw in Thailand in 2005 and T&T in 1999....this being said, thats my recommendation for MU and NBC...focus on the host country's culture, not on the american pop culture.

Canuck1986
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 1165
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Natalie Glebova, Jennifer Hawkins
Registration date : 2009-04-09
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:27 pm

Canuck1986 wrote:I wouldn't mind the Bahamas hosting the pageant again. I think they did a good job in 2009 and Bahamas is a great country with a great culture..however, I was disappointed with the final telecast. MU and NBC really focused on the American content such as having that disgusting trash of Heidi Montag as well as having the tattoed rapper Flo Rida (I like Flo Rida's songs, but a rapper for this kind of pageant, I don't think so) and the thing that disappointed me most is that MU and NBC didn't focus at all on the Bahamian culture during the final telecast. I would have loved to see more Bahamian Culture during the live telecast just like we saw in Thailand in 2005 and T&T in 1999....this being said, thats my recommendation for MU and NBC...focus on the host country's culture, not on the american pop culture.

I totally agree Canuck.......I was quite upset with the final telecast as well......I would love for them to have the parade of nations to the sounds and rhythms of goombay and junaknoo with the contestants introducing themselves in the middle of the junkanoo parade.....so the world can see the large colourful costumes....and also to see the fire dancers....the rake 'n' scrape band and dancers....showing the girls how to dance the heel 'n toe polka, the quadrille, and the conch-stye.....oh! they should put me in charge of the production....trust me on this.....but that's just a part of what I want the world to see when Miss Universe Pageant is in the Bahamas!
Aiden
Aiden
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down