PAGEANT-MANIA
Ricky Martin says he is gay 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
Ricky Martin says he is gay 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ricky Martin says he is gay

4 posters

Go down

Ricky Martin says he is gay Empty Ricky Martin says he is gay

Post  bonner Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:18 am

Ricky Martin says he is gay 94496426

LOS ANGELES (AFP) – Puerto Rican singer Ricky Martin, in a bombshell to legions of his fans all over the world, confirmed a longtime rumor that he is gay.

"I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am," he wrote on his rickymartin.com website.

With his swiveling hips and scintillating salsa moves, Martin has been an object of adoration by million of fans around the world, especially of the female variety.

The Latin pop singer records and performs mostly in Spanish, but has a huge crossover following in English thanks in large part to his 1999 smash hit "Livin' La Vida Loca" ("Livin' the Crazy Life") and his chart-topping "She Bangs" the following year.

Martin, 38, told his fans that his decision to divulge his sexual orientation marks "an amazing turning point in my life" and it started a few months ago when he began the process of writing his memoirs.

"From the moment I wrote the first phrase I was sure the book was the tool that was going to help me free myself from things I was carrying within me for a long time," Martin wrote on his website.

He said the secret over time had become "too heavy for me to keep inside" and that he joyfully embraces his gay identity as "something worth celebrating."

The pop singer added that he did not come out earlier because advisers over the years had warned that he might ruin his career were he to reveal to his fans that he is gay.

He was also worried about the impact on his young twin sons, who were conceived with the assistance of a surrogate mother.

"Many people told me... 'all the years you've worked and everything you've built will collapse'," he wrote.

"Allowing myself to be seduced by fear and insecurity became a self-fulfilling prophecy of sabotage. Today I take full responsibility for my decisions and my actions."

Coming out "fills me with strength and courage," Martin said.

"Today is my day, this is my time, and this is my moment."

Like a number of pop stars of his generation, Martin was a stage and recording star from childhood. He rose to fame as a member of the Puerto Rican boy band "Menudo" in the 1980s, before striking out on a solo career.

Fans were mostly supportive of the singer. His website lit up with postings from supporters writing in Spanish and English, praising him for his decision to live his life honestly and openly.

One fan on Martin's website offered "congratulations on finally freeing yourself from the ball and chain that living a closeted life is."

Another, who went by the name Libracolo, wrote that "the people who genuinely respect you as a father and an artist could care less who you are sleeping with."

"Continue to live your life with the same amount of dignity and pride you have done so far and let the naysayers and the haters burn in hell."

Another, whose signature was merely "proud of you," wrote: "I am so proud of the BIG step you've taken today. I have seen what many of my gay friends go through when hiding their true identity and it's a shame.... I'm sure the people that truly love you (the ones who really matter) will continue to love and are proud of this big step."

But the posts also included a smattering of negative correspondence like the one sent from "sorry for you," who taunted "your soul will burn in hell!"

The five-time Grammy award winner also has been hailed for his philanthropic efforts including his work as a UNICEF goodwill ambassador and the creation of his Puerto Rico-based Ricky Martin Foundation to promote health, education and social justice for children around the world.
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 121446
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)
Rachel Smith(Miss USA 2007)
Angela Martini (Miss Albania Universe 2010)

Registration date : 2008-11-17
Male

Back to top Go down

Ricky Martin says he is gay Empty Re: Ricky Martin says he is gay

Post  Del Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:55 am

Everyone was sure about this. Why now? Does he need publicity? Or a new boyfriend

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 8212
Registration date : 2008-08-18
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:17 am

What a surprise! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Lucky
Lucky
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Number of posts : 9031
Registration date : 2008-08-07
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Tidus Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:23 am

Del wrote:Everyone was sure about this. Why now? Does he need publicity? Or a new boyfriend

in case of the second possibility i might not be single but.... my phone number is 069389..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13118
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Tidus Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:23 am

Lucky wrote:What a surprise! Laughing Laughing Laughing

yes im also shocked...... Laughing
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13118
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Del Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Tidus wrote:
Lucky wrote:What a surprise! Laughing Laughing Laughing

yes im also shocked...... Laughing

apart from all rumors I was hoping till the end...

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 8212
Registration date : 2008-08-18
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  bonner Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:40 am

Tidus wrote:
Del wrote:Everyone was sure about this. Why now? Does he need publicity? Or a new boyfriend

in case of the second possibility i might not be single but.... my phone number is 069389..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

lol....i want ricky martin too..it doesnt matter if he is a gay..he was still hot ever Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 121446
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)
Rachel Smith(Miss USA 2007)
Angela Martini (Miss Albania Universe 2010)

Registration date : 2008-11-17
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down