PAGEANT-MANIA
The worst year for the Froken Norge pageant ever! 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
The worst year for the Froken Norge pageant ever! 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The worst year for the Froken Norge pageant ever!

2 posters

Go down

The worst year for the Froken Norge pageant ever! Empty The worst year for the Froken Norge pageant ever!

Post  bestman Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:04 pm

Earlier this year the Froken Norge org. (miss universe and world franchise holder) had a complete data collaps!

This meant that all girls who had submitted their application for Froken Norge 2010 lost their profiles and their websites were gone for a long time.

When the org. finally managed to restore their site and get a new server it was clear that they had lost all earlier info, and all girls had to make a new profile to participate in the pageant. The new deadline was set to May 1st.

Today, with only 2 weeks left, under 80 girls have made a new profile, and the whole pageant is now now a joke imo.
Many of the girls are same as the girls in the semis of the other major pageant in norway - Miss Norway.

I fear Norway will be poorly represented in the 2 major pageants this year. The late deadline, and still no fixed date for the actual final also means that the 2 girls eventually elected will have very little time to prepare.....
bestman
bestman
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 2187
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Megan Young, Nicole Faria and Rochelle Strauss.
Registration date : 2008-10-25
Male

Back to top Go down

The worst year for the Froken Norge pageant ever! Empty Re: The worst year for the Froken Norge pageant ever!

Post  Tidus Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:29 pm

Im sorry to hear that Bestman, To tell you the truth this website trend.....sounds nice,but is very risky.Servers cant be reliable. I think they shouldnt have tried the second time again with the website format but instead make a casting call and that to be it.Clear, easy, short- term procedure. There is a little time left so i hope for the best.
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13119
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

The worst year for the Froken Norge pageant ever! Empty Re: The worst year for the Froken Norge pageant ever!

Post  bestman Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:30 pm

Tidus wrote:Im sorry to hear that Bestman, To tell you the truth this website trend.....sounds nice,but is very risky.Servers cant be reliable. I think they shouldnt have tried the second time again with the website format but instead make a casting call and that to be it.Clear, easy, short- term procedure. There is a little time left so i hope for the best.

I hope so, too!

I guess the website format is the new thing. Easier and much cheaper for the organizers than holding castings around the country.
bestman
bestman
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Tidus Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:41 pm

bestman wrote:
Tidus wrote:Im sorry to hear that Bestman, To tell you the truth this website trend.....sounds nice,but is very risky.Servers cant be reliable. I think they shouldnt have tried the second time again with the website format but instead make a casting call and that to be it.Clear, easy, short- term procedure. There is a little time left so i hope for the best.

I hope so, too!

I guess the website format is the new thing. Easier and much cheaper for the organizers than holding castings around the country.

QUESTION: IF THEY DONT MAKE CASTINGS AND RELY ON THE NET, HOW DO THEY TEST THEIR SKILLS(RUNWAY,COMMUNICATION ETC).WHEN U GET TIME EXPLAIN ME THIS NEW FORMAT,IM INTERESTED TO KNOW.
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bestman Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:17 pm

Tidus wrote:
bestman wrote:

I hope so, too!

QUESTION: IF THEY DONT MAKE CASTINGS AND RELY ON THE NET, HOW DO THEY TEST THEIR SKILLS(RUNWAY,COMMUNICATION ETC).WHEN U GET TIME EXPLAIN ME THIS NEW FORMAT,IM INTERESTED TO KNOW.

I have practically all the time in the world now as long as the Icelandic ashes are blocking all air traffic in Southern Norway....no work in days!!!

But, back to the new format.... Last year they selected the quarterfinalist from the photos the girls had presented on their profiles on the net.
After a sms and web-based voting the public decided the semi-finalists. They were invited to Oslo for photo-shoots and some training, and finally the finalists were decided from public voting and a jury. As simple as that. And much cheaper I'm sure.
bestman
bestman
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Tidus Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:22 pm

bestman wrote:
Tidus wrote:
bestman wrote:

I hope so, too!

I have practically all the time in the world now as long as the Icelandic ashes are blocking all air traffic in Southern Norway....no work in days!!!

But, back to the new format.... Last year they selected the quarterfinalist from the photos the girls had presented on their profiles on the net.
After a sms and web-based voting the public decided the semi-finalists. They were invited to Oslo for photo-shoots and some training, and finally the finalists were decided from public voting and a jury. As simple as that. And much cheaper I'm sure.

thats very interesting. maybe this the format of the decades to come in Europe.So there is a small training going on at some point, thats good,i was afraid of how votes can be influenced and not deserving girls going through the next rounds,but now i know there is a "safety" net.

by the way,now that u have time relax. better on the ground at this point dear...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down