PAGEANT-MANIA
 Aishwarya Rai - UN Goodwill Ambassador 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
 Aishwarya Rai - UN Goodwill Ambassador 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aishwarya Rai - UN Goodwill Ambassador

2 posters

Go down

Aishwarya Rai - UN Goodwill Ambassador Empty Aishwarya Rai - UN Goodwill Ambassador

Post  kleftokotou Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:13 am

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan joins UN fight against HIV/AIDS

Aishwarya Rai - UN Goodwill Ambassador 20120926154344

24 September 2012 – The United Nations today announced the addition of Bollywood icon and former Miss World winner Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to its roster of International Goodwill Ambassadors, focussed on helping the Organization’s efforts in combating the spread of HIV infections in children.

At a press briefing at UN Headquarters in New York with Michel Sidibé, the Executive Director of the Joint UN Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS), the Indian actress celebrated the appointment as a “turning point” in her life, adding that her new focus on fighting the transmission of HIV/AIDS from mothers to their babies was not to “just prove a point or become a headline sensation.”

“I am honoured to accept this appointment. Spreading awareness on health issues, especially related to women and children, has always been a priority for me. And now, as a new mother, I can personally relate to this – the joys and concerns of every mother and the hope that we have for our children,” Mrs. Rai Bachchan told the gathered journalists.

Mrs. Rai Bachchan added. “I do not want to be just a poster girl. I’d like to be able to actually contribute doing work, going to the sites, interacting with people, to aid the work of UNAIDS, and seeing what work needs to be done. That rings real to me.”

-hy6- -hy6- -hy6- -hy6-
kleftokotou
kleftokotou
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 9840
Favourite Pageant : MW & MU
Favourite Miss : EVANGELIA ARAVANI/ILIANA PAPAGEORGIOU/ROLENE STRAUSS/MAREEYA POONLERTLARP
Registration date : 2009-05-20
Female

Back to top Go down

Aishwarya Rai - UN Goodwill Ambassador Empty Re: Aishwarya Rai - UN Goodwill Ambassador

Post  kleftokotou Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:21 am

I read this and I feel really proud for being a pageant fun!
A few days ago I read about Rosanna Davison's Playboy photoshoot and I was thinking: if all af this pageant interest of mine had any meaning at all!! A Miss World nude? Daughter of a wealthy family? At her late 20's? What for?

...and then I read this and it all made sense Very Happy
Aish is the BEST, her choices in life confirm it every day!!!!
kleftokotou
kleftokotou
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 9840
Favourite Pageant : MW & MU
Favourite Miss : EVANGELIA ARAVANI/ILIANA PAPAGEORGIOU/ROLENE STRAUSS/MAREEYA POONLERTLARP
Registration date : 2009-05-20
Female

Back to top Go down

Aishwarya Rai - UN Goodwill Ambassador Empty Re: Aishwarya Rai - UN Goodwill Ambassador

Post  dakkudaddy Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:57 am

So proud & blessed that she represented my country at the global stage the finest Pageant winner ever -126-6y -126-6y -126-6y

Aishwarya Rai - UN Goodwill Ambassador Fuyzhl

dakkudaddy
dakkudaddy
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 4664
Favourite Pageant : Femina Miss India & Miss W
Favourite Miss : Lara Dutta, Amelia Vega, Amrita Patki, Suzane Sablok,Nafisa Joseph (R.I.P)
Registration date : 2011-12-18
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down