PAGEANT-MANIA
MISS PHILIPPINES EARTH 08 Karla Henry in "OUR" Hometown -- CEBU CITY 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
MISS PHILIPPINES EARTH 08 Karla Henry in "OUR" Hometown -- CEBU CITY 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MISS PHILIPPINES EARTH 08 Karla Henry in "OUR" Hometown -- CEBU CITY

Go down

MISS PHILIPPINES EARTH 08 Karla Henry in "OUR" Hometown -- CEBU CITY Empty MISS PHILIPPINES EARTH 08 Karla Henry in "OUR" Hometown -- CEBU CITY

Post  Anonymní Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:34 pm

MISS PHILIPPINES EARTH 08 Karla Henry in "OUR" Hometown -- CEBU CITY K

Miss Earth 2008 will hold its activities in FOUR (4) different countries - Philippines, Indonesia (Bali), Guam + a Middle Eastern Country (yet to be confirmed but reliable sources say that the Miss Earth Org is already working on the contract signing). Finals will be held here in The Philippines.

1st MISS EARTH DESIGN COMPETITION

We in Carousel Productions recognize not only beauty and wit, we also discover and appreciate talents worthy of international acclaim. This year, for the first time in the Miss Earth pageant history, we are launching a project that will showcase the skills and creativity of professional or even budding designers here in the Philippines and even abroad, on fusing fashion and Filipino culture in coming up with timeless designs that are eco-friendly perfect for the Earth's most beautiful.

The 1st Miss Earth Design Competition is open to professional, non-professional and students who have experience, is learning or even just plain enthusiastic about thethe field of fashion design. You can join solo or form a design and implementation team of no more than 3 members. One important requirement is your ability to translate the sketches into real garments when chosen. Meaning, you will do it yourself or you have the capacity to outsource people to do it for you. The inspiration for the design is the Philippines; our culture, products, people, festivals, resources. Designs made in the past shall be allowed as long as it has not been showcased to the public (i.e. no media coverage, not shown in a national, local event).

Interested parties must complete the entry form which you can get by emailing cathyuntalan@gmail.com and submit the all the requirements in a short brown envelope to: 7 Ideal St., Shaw Blvd. Mandaluyong City on or before September 30, 2008. You can send as many sketches as you want.

Contents of the envelope:

1. Completely filled-out application form (please print multiple for teams) You can use additional sheets if the pages are not enough. Please submit comprehensive fashion design CV if you have one.

2. Sketches (back and forth) ideally colored or send pictures if they are already made

Top 90 sketches (or corresponding number of candidates) will be chosen to be worn by the candidates for Miss Earth 2008 to be showcased in the commemorative calendar made each year distributed to sponsors, franchise holders and made available for public purchase. The names of the 90 designers (or corresponding number of candidates) will also be featured. Not only that, the clothes will be worn by the Miss Earth beauties in a fashion show were the top 3 designs will be awarded.

Winners will be chosen based on the following criteria:

40 pts. Relevance to the theme and aptness of design
20 pts. Use of the latest fashion trends in materials, colours and trims
20 pts. Wearability and usefulness for purpose
10 pts. Accuracy of representation (of Philippine culture, products, etc)
10 pts. Over-all impact

-Miss Earth Organization

Stay tuned for more updates! Smile

Anonymní

Back to top Go down

MISS PHILIPPINES EARTH 08 Karla Henry in "OUR" Hometown -- CEBU CITY Empty Re: MISS PHILIPPINES EARTH 08 Karla Henry in "OUR" Hometown -- CEBU CITY

Post  Tidus Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:38 pm

wow.......can i say QUALITY THREAD? WOW.......CONGRATS MATE! AND BY THE WAY REALLY INFORMATIVE CAUSE WE REALLY NEED A GUIDE FOR THIS YEARS MISS EARTH.....THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13119
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

MISS PHILIPPINES EARTH 08 Karla Henry in "OUR" Hometown -- CEBU CITY Empty Re: MISS PHILIPPINES EARTH 08 Karla Henry in "OUR" Hometown -- CEBU CITY

Post  Guest Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:43 pm

:-126-:
WOWOWOWOW.... I couldn´t expect nothing less from you Fred.... great post.... I´m glad to have you here Smile -901t

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymní Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:43 pm

TIDUS wrote:wow.......can i say QUALITY THREAD? WOW.......CONGRATS MATE! AND BY THE WAY REALLY INFORMATIVE CAUSE WE REALLY NEED A GUIDE FOR THIS YEARS MISS EARTH.....THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!

Anytime. Smile I'll be your PHILIPPINE AMBASSADOR here and I'll make sure that anything new about Miss Earth (and others) will be posted ONLY here in this forum!

Anonymní

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymní Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:44 pm

GIANNIMX=) wrote::-126-:
WOWOWOWOW.... I couldn´t expect nothing less from you Fred.... great post.... I´m glad to have you here Smile -901t

My utmost pleasure, your HIGHNESS! Smile

Will be right back, my bros need to to use my pc "AGAIN!" LOL!

Anonymní

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:51 pm

FjLq wrote:
TIDUS wrote:wow.......can i say QUALITY THREAD? WOW.......CONGRATS MATE! AND BY THE WAY REALLY INFORMATIVE CAUSE WE REALLY NEED A GUIDE FOR THIS YEARS MISS EARTH.....THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!

Anytime. Smile I'll be your PHILIPPINE AMBASSADOR here and I'll make sure that anything new about Miss Earth (and others) will be posted ONLY here in this forum!

We are not going to have ambassadors here.... we are going to have Prime Ministers.... we deserve the best.... lol lol lol lol.... so welcome to our kingdom Mr. Prime Minister of Philippines Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down