PAGEANT-MANIA
Three Moments That Need to Make a Comeback at Miss Universe 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
Three Moments That Need to Make a Comeback at Miss Universe 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three Moments That Need to Make a Comeback at Miss Universe

2 posters

Go down

Which one of the three would most likely make a comeback at Miss Universe?

Three Moments That Need to Make a Comeback at Miss Universe Vote_lcap0%Three Moments That Need to Make a Comeback at Miss Universe Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Three Moments That Need to Make a Comeback at Miss Universe Vote_lcap0%Three Moments That Need to Make a Comeback at Miss Universe Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Three Moments That Need to Make a Comeback at Miss Universe Vote_lcap100%Three Moments That Need to Make a Comeback at Miss Universe Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Three Moments That Need to Make a Comeback at Miss Universe Empty Three Moments That Need to Make a Comeback at Miss Universe

Post  Gregory the Griffon Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:01 am

Hi, I’m Gregory, and I’ve been watching Miss Universe since 2015. It is an honor to be here in the forum for the first time. I hope I can have a very warm welcome here with other interested fans. Although I’m not new to pageantry, this is something I want to have, a very healthy and formal conversation with no quarreling whatsoever. I’ve seen a lot of fighting and slurs that not only harm the image of Miss Universe, but include other Big 4, i.e. Miss World, Miss International, and Miss Earth; not only major but also minor pageants included like Miss Grand International (despite its questionable acts) and Miss Charm. As a pageant community, we want to make something positive for everyone and for all beautiful and yet intelligent women. This here will be my first post.

Okay… that’s enough for my introduction here. And now let’s go straight into the topic.

Ever since I began watching Miss Universe in that said year (2015), I also watched other previous editions in the 2000s, 1990s, and even the very humble beginnings of the 50s. It is amazing to see how far this brand has gone through, even with the controversy, it has never been brought down and has been strong ever since, even in modern times. As I have been talking about the history of the pageant for a while, and at the same time being excited for the 2023 pageant to be held in El Salvador, there are moments I can think of that needed to make a comeback. Some weren’t here today but had been before, but maybe one day, not today nor tomorrow nor another month, year, or decade, I hope that these will make a comeback. Here are my Top 3.

The Little Sisters
The first edition that has featured a group of young girls singing during the Evening Gown competition was in 1983, but it was discontinued since the 1995 edition, just before former U.S. President and business owner Donald Trump took over. What I do love about this moment in my opinion is how the delegates during the competition were so sincere to them when they gave them flowers, this is to show that a Miss Universe has a very big heart. I wouldn’t mind if this would make a comeback, it’ll be the heartwarming and yet cute segment the pageant has ever had.

The Scores Revealing on TV
Miss Universe 1978, which was held in Acapulco, Mexico, featured the very first time that the judges’ average scores of each finalist were shown to the public on the live telecast. It was discontinued in 2003 and again in 2011, and finally in 2014. My favorite format of scoring is the separation of each preliminary round score of each representative during the Parade of Nations which was featured from 1990-1997. If that format makes a comeback at Miss Universe, then I suggest that they can do that during the Opening Introduction of contestants, however, the downside is that if we already compile the average scores during the opening, then that could spoil the suspense feeling during the announcement of the Top 15/20 since you already know who is eligible to move forward thanks to the scores. 

For me, I think it is best to just reveal the final average during the announcement of semifinalists. Maybe even better with this proposed format I made: (average swimsuit score) - (average EG score) - (average closed-door interview score) - (overall average score of 3 rounds), that way it shows more transparency. If fan vote was implemented like last year with Miss Laos, then they could reveal that together with the preliminary average. From what I have been notified, I heard that the 2023 edition will bring back the revealing of scores. Let's see how that goes.

The Miss Universe Creed
“We, representing the countries in the Miss Universe Pageant, in order to further the cause of international peace, justice, and mutual understanding, do solemnly dedicate ourselves to the highest ideals of sportsmanship, friendship, and goodwill.”

This one is something that everyone can or could agree on. After a reigning Miss Universe crowns her successor, as she takes her first walk, the former will read the creed out loud in front of the audience. This was sadly discontinued in 1991. What I truly love about this is a reflection for everyone to comprehend, not just the contestants but also fans like me. Sportsmanship, friendship, and goodwill, this is something that unfortunately the majority or most fans lack. We can reflect the creed to ourselves, understanding that everyone is deserving to be loved. Would you imagine if Catriona Gray reading the creed while Zozibini Tunzi takes her first walk? I hope this will return one day.

That’s about it on my Top 3. Thank you so much for reading. What do you think? Leave your respectful thought below. 

Remember! Spread Love, Not Hate.

#ConfidentlyBeautifulWithAHeart
#ForceForGood
#TransformationalLeader
Gregory the Griffon
Gregory the Griffon

Number of posts : 7
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Pia Wurtzbach, Catriona Gray, Harnaaz Sandhu, R'Bonney Gabriel. Zozibini Tunzi, Paulina Vega, Leila Lopes, Olivia Culpo, Cheslie Kryst (MU19 Top 10), H'Hen Nie (MU18 Top 5), there's a lot of women I do consider as winners. Even though I didn't watch the other 3 of the Big 4, all I see is deserving girls.
Registration date : 2023-03-27
Male

https://www.deviantart.com/gregory-the-griffon

kleftokotou likes this post

Back to top Go down

Three Moments That Need to Make a Comeback at Miss Universe Empty Re: Three Moments That Need to Make a Comeback at Miss Universe

Post  bonner Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:54 am

Welcome to Pageant Mania! PM is a small healthy pageant forum.

I started watching Miss Universe in 1996, but I'm experiencing MU fatigue due to what's going on right now.

MU lost its glam, from the options you have provided, the score on TV would be nice, but it will lessen the excitement.
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 114980
Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)
Rachel Smith(Miss USA 2007)
Angela Martini (Miss Albania Universe 2010)

Registration date : 2008-11-17
Male

kleftokotou and Gregory the Griffon like this post

Back to top Go down

Three Moments That Need to Make a Comeback at Miss Universe Empty Re: Three Moments That Need to Make a Comeback at Miss Universe

Post  Gregory the Griffon Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:12 am

bonner wrote:Welcome to Pageant Mania! PM is a small healthy pageant forum.

I started watching Miss Universe in 1996, but I'm experiencing MU fatigue due to what's going on right now.

MU lost its glam, from the options you have provided, the score on TV would be nice, but it will lessen the excitement.

YEAH, I feel the same thing thing as well with what's happening right now. I just hate seeing people being toxic with each other, especially when they became full-on transphobic with the new owner, which makes me feel furious and sad, which is why I am here. Thank you so much for welcoming me. 🙏 I only wanted to ease my mind here. 

I wouldn't say that Miss Universe lost its glam, but it still alive and well for around 70 years. Just saying

And yes, I agree that the scores revealing on TV will lessen the excitement, but I only want to see them only during the announcement of the semifinals, but not during the swimsuit and EG competitions. And I do want to see the Miss Universe Creed revive again, maybe not this year or the following, just one day.
Gregory the Griffon
Gregory the Griffon

Number of posts : 7
Favourite Miss : Pia Wurtzbach, Catriona Gray, Harnaaz Sandhu, R'Bonney Gabriel. Zozibini Tunzi, Paulina Vega, Leila Lopes, Olivia Culpo, Cheslie Kryst (MU19 Top 10), H'Hen Nie (MU18 Top 5), there's a lot of women I do consider as winners. Even though I didn't watch the other 3 of the Big 4, all I see is deserving girls.
Registration date : 2023-03-27
Male

https://www.deviantart.com/gregory-the-griffon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down