PAGEANT-MANIA
© PAGEANT MANIA © MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - OFFICIAL COVERAGE II Finals (PHOTOS ADDED) - Page 8 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
© PAGEANT MANIA © MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - OFFICIAL COVERAGE II Finals (PHOTOS ADDED) - Page 8 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

© PAGEANT MANIA © MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - OFFICIAL COVERAGE II Finals (PHOTOS ADDED)

+13
darkvindak
ariesgirl
reyna_USA
Likok
Lucky
Wojtek
Farah Vavaihan
NiKa
Niina1
bonner
scotty2hotty
kleftokotou
Del
17 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

© PAGEANT MANIA © MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - OFFICIAL COVERAGE II Finals (PHOTOS ADDED) - Page 8 Empty Re: © PAGEANT MANIA © MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - OFFICIAL COVERAGE II Finals (PHOTOS ADDED)

Post  ariesgirl Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:23 am

kleftokotou wrote:
bonner wrote:The Mean Girls is out Twisted Evil
They shouldn't be in the top 20 either!
Evil or Very Mad  Yes exactly and robbing some more worthy girls....what a disgrace!!!! MU organisation should hang their heads in shame.. I am also sick of judging panels consistently ignoring european delegates. I wonder why some countries even bother with this debacle of a competition...they should just get the same latin/asian/american contestants to compete and not make other countries go to the effort to prepare and go when they will be wasting their time!!
ariesgirl
ariesgirl
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Number of posts : 774
Favourite Pageant : miss universe
Favourite Miss : Miss Greece Universe 2001
Registration date : 2011-08-07
Female

Back to top Go down

© PAGEANT MANIA © MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - OFFICIAL COVERAGE II Finals (PHOTOS ADDED) - Page 8 Empty Re: © PAGEANT MANIA © MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - OFFICIAL COVERAGE II Finals (PHOTOS ADDED)

Post  ariesgirl Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:27 am

reyna_USA wrote:
kleftokotou wrote:Vene over PR and Vietnam?
I AM MAD....... -125-y6

Me too!!   -1095t--  -1095t--
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad What????? I just found that out....please tell me it isn't true...I am sooooo mad right now. Sorry to me Venezuela this year was lucky to have made it to top 20 let alone top 3...who are these judges and what are they on????
ariesgirl
ariesgirl
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ariesgirl Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:44 am

bonner wrote:No sash factor much for the
America's

No USA, No Venezuela, No Colombia ,No Mexico yet

And oh Japan please and Iceland

Hopfully Greece for all my Greek Friends here
-fttr-  Thanks for that but the only way Greece is ever going to make the cut is if she wears another sash. If Ioanna had for instance a latina sash on she would have made top 3....another wasted and ignored beauty for Greece!!! No way should that girl have clapped while America (one of the worst Miss America in recent times) and some other non deserving girls made the cut!! What a disgrace!!!
ariesgirl
ariesgirl
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ariesgirl Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:54 am

bonner wrote:
kleftokotou wrote:Lebanon, Denmark, Iceland.... the pretiest faces are left out! But hey we got Vene and Brazil with their huge cheeks and short necks!

Oh I just remember Lebanon Sad
Oh yeh I forgot about Lebanon...and Denmark..what is going on??? I don't know what others think but I wonder what the outcome would have been had there been some men in the judging panel as I feel men might probably have had a different perceptions...I don't know but the judging was really bizarre and horrendous this year!!! Why even have the wild cards if you are just going to put in sash factor countries that you know (seeing as its the same judges from the preliminaries) that you are not going to take into the top 10. Same old, same old....when are we going to have some diversity...its ridiculous!!!
ariesgirl
ariesgirl
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  bonner Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:23 am

Thanks guys this is my most memorable trip ever. I haven't enjoyed the crowning moment of Pia now I do with Catriona. This is surreal
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 118236
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)
Rachel Smith(Miss USA 2007)
Angela Martini (Miss Albania Universe 2010)

Registration date : 2008-11-17
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:00 am

Hello!
At first, congrats to bonner, our lovely person here.
I have to say, I am pretty disappointed with the results of 2018 and not only in MU. Ok, Catriona was there to win and the good is, she can´t enter any other pageant in future (I hope!)

Venezuela among TOP 3! Are you serious?!? What for example did Cayman Islands wrong? She was gorgeous all the time. Or Nigeria?
As always, all five european girls ended too early. Anyway, I am very happy for Poland, she deserved to be among TOP 10 at least.
Lucky
Lucky
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Number of posts : 9031
Registration date : 2008-08-07
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Del Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:43 am

100% agree with you Lucky!!! I'm wondering if Philippines won because they wanted to avoid any troubles with their fans... She was certainly the best prepared but I don't feel her. Everything about her was so rehearsed and somehow false.

The only nice surprise was Poland in top 20!!! Congrats for that! And congrats Philippines! But I really hope we're over it now...

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 8212
Registration date : 2008-08-18
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Del Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:45 am

As for Europe, what a weak group in fact! But seriously, Hungary??? There were some decent girls to chose from....

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 8212
Registration date : 2008-08-18
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ariesgirl Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:57 am

Del wrote:100% agree with you Lucky!!! I'm wondering if Philippines won because they wanted to avoid any troubles with their fans... She was certainly the best prepared but I don't feel her. Everything about her was so rehearsed and somehow false.

The only nice surprise was Poland in top 20!!! Congrats for that! And congrats Philippines! But I really hope we're over it now...
As I have previously said this wasnt MU pageant this year...it was the Catriona Gray show from beginning to end...you wouldnt even have thought that there 96 other countries were there competing. She was favored right from the start by everyone including the organisers with even one judge wishing her good luck on social media. She was picked for everything..I know she is well spoken but I am sure there were many delegates that could have also been picked but were consistently ignored. I am glad this Catriona circus has moved out of town...talk about over saturation. And to be honest the more I look at her I dont see the hype and she comes across as somewhat fake....to be honest there were so many other more beautiful girls that could have taken the title. The judging has been absolutely abhorrent this year but I am not sure whether as I wrote before whether the total lack of male judges played some sort of role in the whole fiasco!!! But definitely everything was orchestrated to get Catriona across the finish line!!!
ariesgirl
ariesgirl
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  darkvindak Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:52 pm

I didn't folow final but Philipp was the best at prelims, I think that she deserve to win.
I see that only new country in top 20 are Poland, Vietnam and Nepal...Australia was one of the worst and she is in top 20 MU sucks. I was hoping for Greece and some more new countries in top 20. Boring!
darkvindak
darkvindak
PREDICTIONIST
PREDICTIONIST

Number of posts : 2618
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Oxana Fedorova
Registration date : 2010-09-09
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Verpat Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:43 pm

2 of the judges were from the Philippines Embarassed

I suggest to the organizers of different pageants that they need to appoint judges and no 2 of them should be from the same country and the judges should not give score to their co-national delegates, let the average score be computed from the other judges. Example: If I'm 1 of the judges of 10 and from the US, I'm not allowed to give score to Miss/Mister USA and the total score of the other 9 judges for USA be divided to 9 to avoid biased score. I think that will be the most fair scoring that I can ever think.

Have you noticed that Carsson, Lu, and Ashley didn't have the Philippines in their prediction of who would win?

ariesgirl wrote:
Del wrote:100% agree with you Lucky!!! I'm wondering if Philippines won because they wanted to avoid any troubles with their fans... She was certainly the best prepared but I don't feel her. Everything about her was so rehearsed and somehow false.

As I have previously said this wasnt MU pageant this year...it was the Catriona Gray show from beginning to end...you wouldnt even have thought that there 96 other countries were there competing. She was favored right from the start by everyone including the organisers with even one judge wishing her good luck on social media. She was picked for everything..I know she is well spoken but I am sure there were many delegates that could have also been picked but were consistently ignored. I am glad this Catriona circus has moved out of town...talk about over saturation. And to be honest the more I look at her I dont see the hype and she comes across as somewhat fake....to be honest there were so many other more beautiful girls that could have taken the title. The judging has been absolutely abhorrent this year but I am not sure whether as I wrote before whether the total lack of male judges played some sort of role in the whole fiasco!!! But definitely everything was orchestrated to get Catriona across the finish line!!!
Verpat
Verpat
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Number of posts : 158
Favourite Pageant : MU & MW
Favourite Miss : All beautiful MU's and MW's
Registration date : 2009-06-19
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Verpat Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:53 pm

Male pageants are much much better than female pageants because their process of selection for the winner is much more fair that's why I quit following female beauty pageants. Are you gonna believe me if I say that I followed Mr. Supranational and not Miss Supranational? In my opinion, MW is better when selecting its winner. Remember that it was held many times in China and look at the winners, they all deserve the title especially Manushi Chhilar even though 2 were from China but it never happened again.

Last edited by Verpat on Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Verpat
Verpat
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  reyna_USA Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:35 pm

ariesgirl wrote:
reyna_USA wrote:
kleftokotou wrote:Vene over PR and Vietnam?
I AM MAD....... -125-y6

Me too!!   -1095t--  -1095t--
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad What????? I just found that out....please tell me it isn't true...I am sooooo mad right now. Sorry to me Venezuela this year was lucky to have made it to top 20 let alone top 3...who are these judges and what are they on????

All females that already had the winner chosen weeks ago.   Rolling Eyes

reyna_USA
reyna_USA
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 6799
Favourite Pageant : MISS GRAND INTERNATIONAL
Favourite Miss : Christiane Martel, Dayanara Torres, Shandi Finnessey, Natalie Glebova, Zhang Zilin & Ada De La Cruz

Registration date : 2010-08-09
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Wojtek Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Lucky wrote:
Ok, Catriona was there to win and the good is, she can´t enter any other pageant in future (I hope!)

-7663-y  lol! lol!

I always thought that she is destined to be Miss Earth! Laughing

© PAGEANT MANIA © MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - OFFICIAL COVERAGE II Finals (PHOTOS ADDED) - Page 8 Source
Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 29590
Favourite Pageant : None
Favourite Miss : Aneta Kreglicka, Alyssa Campanella
Registration date : 2010-06-24
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Wojtek Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:53 pm

ariesgirl wrote:

Obviously it was
© PAGEANT MANIA © MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - OFFICIAL COVERAGE II Finals (PHOTOS ADDED) - Page 8 48394810

© PAGEANT MANIA © MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - OFFICIAL COVERAGE II Finals (PHOTOS ADDED) - Page 8 Source
Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  kleftokotou Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:04 pm

Wojtek wrote:
Lucky wrote:
Ok, Catriona was there to win and the good is, she can´t enter any other pageant in future (I hope!)

-7663-y  lol! lol!

Don't give her any ideas! geek
kleftokotou
kleftokotou
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 9840
Favourite Pageant : MW & MU
Favourite Miss : EVANGELIA ARAVANI/ILIANA PAPAGEORGIOU/ROLENE STRAUSS/MAREEYA POONLERTLARP
Registration date : 2009-05-20
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Wojtek Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:26 pm

kleftokotou wrote:
Wojtek wrote:
Lucky wrote:

-7663-y  lol! lol!

What if she will become a new presenter after Steve Harvey just like Megan at MW and we will have to watch her for years?  -vxcd3- Dark thoughts  -yt80-

Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  NiKa Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:30 am

What can I say about the winner? Well, I never was a fan of her and I don't think it'll change now, but she was working hard for this success,so congratulations to Catriona and all the Filipinos, especially to Bonner and other members of our forum from the Philippines  -rhrhd- Nevertheless, my heart is bleeding extremely for Kiara...  -scc8- -fgg- And as for the TOP5 from Europe I would replace Hungary and Ireland with Iceland and Greece!  bounce 

Thank you Guys so much for all the kind words and congratulations for Magda and Poland  -t6y- -107eg-- I'm so proud of her  I love you  Always believed that she has a potential to penetrate TOP 20, but it's still weird and surprising that it has really happened  Laughing Anyway, I had the same strong good feeling about her placing among the semifinalists as I have about Marcelina in 2012  Very Happy That's why I put her in my prediction list. As I said before - she's the best Polish delegate for MU since Paulina imo and I guess MUO thought the same  Wink  She was just perfect for this pageant. BTW. I think that even Pinnoys are not so happy about the crown like I am about our TOP20 spot  cheers Laughing 

PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 6154
Favourite Pageant : none
Favourite Miss : Karolina Bielawska, Rolene Strauss
Registration date : 2012-07-18
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Verpat Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:09 am

Can't believe all this circus No Question is, who owns MU Org. nowadays  after Trump sold it?
Verpat
Verpat
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:41 am

Wojtek wrote:
ariesgirl wrote:

Obviously it was
© PAGEANT MANIA © MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - OFFICIAL COVERAGE II Finals (PHOTOS ADDED) - Page 8 48394810

Our Lea said, that Catriona had absolutely different schedule that the other contestants. Especially the last 10 days of the competition. 
Lucky
Lucky
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:43 am

Wojtek wrote:
kleftokotou wrote:
Wojtek wrote:
Lucky wrote:

-7663-y  lol! lol!

What if she will become a new presenter after Steve Harvey just like Megan at MW and we will have to watch her for years?  -vxcd3- Dark thoughts  -yt80-

I think it´s more than possible!
Lucky
Lucky
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Wojtek Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:47 am

Lucky wrote:
Wojtek wrote:
ariesgirl wrote:

Obviously it was

Our Lea said, that Catriona had absolutely different schedule that the other contestants. Especially the last 10 days of the competition. 

The last 10 days... from 15 days of the competition Laughing

Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Wojtek Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:53 am

Verpat wrote:

Can't believe all this circus No Question is, who owns MU Org. nowadays  after Trump sold it?

We know only Paula Shugart Laughing I guess that MUO didn't want to be "MESS Universe" and be insulted like Grandma Julia is since 2016 Rolling Eyes

Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Wojtek Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:59 am

NiKa wrote:
I think that even Pinnoys are not so happy about the crown like I am about our TOP20 spot  cheers Laughing 

This is pretty sad. Our biggest happiness is when we penetrate Top 20 like yesterday or Top 16 like at MU 2012. It seems that we can only dream about Top 10 spot or higher while for powerhouses like Vene, Philippines, even France from Europe its nothing extraordinary.

Wojtek
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:12 am

Wojtek wrote:
NiKa wrote:
I think that even Pinnoys are not so happy about the crown like I am about our TOP20 spot  cheers Laughing 

This is pretty sad. Our biggest happiness is when we penetrate Top 20 like yesterday or Top 16 like at MU 2012. It seems that we can only dream about Top 10 spot or higher while for powerhouses like Vene, Philippines, even France from Europe its nothing extraordinary.

So true. Pinoys are crazy with 1st runner up spot.
Lucky
Lucky
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next