PAGEANT-MANIA
1999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
1999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread - MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

1999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) Empty Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread - MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana)

Post  Tidus Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:13 pm

1999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) 2rpcww3

Mpule Kwelagobe (Mmm-poo-lay Kwhe-la-hobay), Miss Universe 1999, was the first delegate ever from her home country of Botswana to enter the Miss Universe Pageant--and she won! Mpule was born the youngest of three children to Justice and Dibelang Kwelagobe in Gaborone, the capital of Botswana. In 1997 she moved to Lobatse to attend a special high school for students interested in electronics and science.
As Miss Universe 1999, Mpule traveled the world as a representative of the organization, its sponsors and official charity, AIDS Awareness. Mpule has been particularly active in AmFar (Americans for AIDS Research), Hale House, a home for children born with HIV and drug addiction, Gods Love We Deliver, an organization that provides meals for home-bound AIDS patients, and DISHES (Determined Involved Super-rolemodels Helping to End Suffering). Mpule is the first Miss Universe to work with the Harvard AIDS Institute.

The government of Botswana and DeBeers gave Miss Universe her own children's village. The Mpule Kwelagobe Children's Village houses 400 children affected by and infected with HIV.

In recognition of her work to promote the health and well being of the women and children of Botswana, Mpule was appointed UNFPA Goodwill Ambassador.

Mpule is unequivocal about AIDS and what should be done about it. She says, "We can take definite steps to fight this disease. We can no longer afford to bury our heads in the sand."

In 1999, with private investment, Mpule established a foundation dedicated to combating AIDS. Her foundation supports local organizations like the Gabane Home-Based Care Project, which provides AIDS victims living in this small community with food, basic medical care, companionship and compassion. Mpule believes that education is the key to stopping the spread of AIDS. To that end, Mpule has addressed numerous youth groups, NGOs and policy makers in her home country, Botswana, as well as in donor countries such as the United States and those in Western Europe.

1999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) Out010792mx91999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) Out010790uq21999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) Out010791po11999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) 2q37ip41999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) Jr747o1999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) 300eb871999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) 23uzzfc1999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) 6stbnp1999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) U99

from her work in her foundation

1999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) Mpule41999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) Mpule51999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) Mpule71999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) Mpule_crowd21999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) Mpule_hospital1999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) Mpule_visit

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13119
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

1999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) Empty Re: Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread - MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana)

Post  Anonymní Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:27 pm

queens of 99 (yukta and mpule) may not be facially gorgeous, but they were women of substance and highly elegant...

Anonymní

Back to top Go down

1999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) Empty Re: Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread - MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana)

Post  Tidus Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:32 pm

Mickey wrote:queens of 99 (yukta and mpule) may not be facially gorgeous, but they were women of substance and highly elegant...

true, i ve always thought the same.

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:51 pm

TIDUS wrote:
Mickey wrote:queens of 99 (yukta and mpule) may not be facially gorgeous, but they were women of substance and highly elegant...

true, i ve always thought the same.

It´s not so often, but here I agree with you, guys Smile
Lucky
Lucky
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Number of posts : 9031
Registration date : 2008-08-07
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymní Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:54 pm

Laughing Laughing

i have also noticed.... our tastes are highly different... i give more importance to personality at times....

Anonymní

Back to top Go down

Post  Tidus Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:59 pm

Mickey wrote:Laughing Laughing

i have also noticed.... our tastes are highly different... i give more importance to personality at times....

are u saying Zuleyka-for instance- has no personality........????bad Mickey....!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing of course she has but its just a bad one..... :-334-:

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:01 pm

Mickey wrote:Laughing Laughing

I don´t think higly different, sometimes your taste is very bad, but I tolerate it Very Happy

lol! lol! :-334-: :-334-: :-334-:
Lucky
Lucky
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymní Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:06 pm

oh admins.. save me! please dont ban me!! lol! lol!

every person has a personality... lack of personality is also personality itself!!! but in general when we speak about "someone having personality" we mean that "someone has a pleasing personality"... i believe beauty queens should always be exceptionally personable and also beautiful at the same time. thats my taste - the definition of it. Smile

and lucky, sorry!!! but the feeling is mutual!!! heheheheh. :@667@@:

Lots of love 2 both. -102--

Anonymní

Back to top Go down

Post  Tidus Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:14 pm

Mickey wrote:oh admins.. save me! please dont ban me!! lol! lol!

every person has a personality... lack of personality is also personality itself!!! but in general when we speak about "someone having personality" we mean that "someone has a pleasing personality"... i believe beauty queens should always be exceptionally personable and also beautiful at the same time. thats my taste - the definition of it. Smile

lol....u know the feelings are mutual mate,i love teasing u...and yeah i agree that beauty queens should have some substance,but unfortunately the rules of the game have changed..... Wink

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:16 pm

lol!

It´s really strange - I have the same criteria for beauty (what a surprise!), so tell me, why we have so different taste?

Honestly, I feel it like a positive thing here and your "mutual" feeling is expectable Very Happy
Lucky
Lucky
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymní Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:21 pm

TIDUS wrote:

lol....u know the feelings are mutual mate,i love teasing u...and yeah i agree that beauty queens should have some substance,but unfortunately the rules of the game have changed..... Wink
yeah the rules have changed... unfortunately....

Anonymní

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymní Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:25 pm

Lucky wrote:

lol!

It´s really strange - I have the same criteria for beauty (what a surprise!), so tell me, why we have so different taste?

Honestly, I feel it like a positive thing here and your "mutual" feeling is expectable Very Happy

yup, its mutual again! Smile Smile

i think i give a little more importance to personality than you.... i can ignore the "lack of beauty" if the girl is reallyyyyyyyy very personable... add to this, i am 22, in search of a girl-friend, so even that affects my tastes!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing Laughing

Anonymní

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:10 pm

Mickey wrote:
Lucky wrote:

lol!

yup, its mutual again! Smile Smile

i think i give a little more importance to personality than you.... i can ignore the "lack of beauty" if the girl is reallyyyyyyyy very personable... add to this, i am 22, in search of a girl-friend, so even that affects my tastes!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing Laughing

Very Happy Good luck in searching!
I am 33, mother and wife and I don´t think is possible to know all about personality of another person base on a coverage of some TVs or newspapers. And I never had an opportunity to meet them in person. So I really don´t wanna judge it. Sometimes is hard to recognize between a warm personality and pushingness.
Smile
Lucky
Lucky
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymní Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:28 pm

well u make sense!!!! Smile but its possible to judge "intellegence"... i mean, i have never met sushmita in person but i knw that she is intellegent!! lucky, now i know what i seek!! Thanks for the help!!!! Smile

Anonymní

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:24 pm

Mickey wrote:well u make sense!!!! Smile but its possible to judge "intellegence"... i mean, i have never met sushmita in person but i knw that she is intellegent!! lucky, now i know what i seek!! Thanks for the help!!!! Smile

I agree with you about Sushmita, her intelligence is obvious, but all is clear because she won. As you said "if she had not won, how would we have known such a brilliant personality?".
I also think many contestants are intelligent, but can we judge it from their short interview (if is available) only, when the girls are nervous and don´t speak English well?

The worst combination is to be an active dumb lol!

:flower:
Lucky
Lucky
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:32 am

I bow before Mpule, a REAL Miss Universe......... :-107--: :-107--: :-4532-:

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymní Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:07 am

Lucky wrote:
Mickey wrote:well u make sense!!!! Smile but its possible to judge "intellegence"... i mean, i have never met sushmita in person but i knw that she is intellegent!! lucky, now i know what i seek!! Thanks for the help!!!! Smile

I agree with you about Sushmita, her intelligence is obvious, but all is clear because she won. As you said "if she had not won, how would we have known such a brilliant personality?".
I also think many contestants are intelligent, but can we judge it from their short interview (if is available) only, when the girls are nervous and don´t speak English well?

The worst combination is to be an active dumb lol!

Very Happy

actually thats the reality... there are so many talented people in this world but either they dont get a platform or if they do, they fail to show their mettle at the given moment. sometimes its luck but sometimes its pure lack of determination. we have to accept this reality.

actually in my case, the very reason for my interest in pageants was Q/A portions. i was always impressed by the speaking skills, english-fluency, confidence and intellegence of many miss india contestants. as u know, miss india contest has always been more of a quiz show. once i was searching things about these 'quizes' and i bumped to a pageant forum which i found to be a good pastime. then the pas-time became a passion.... so for me the Q/A portions and speaking abilities will always be of dominant interest. coz as i said, beautiful women can be seen in fashion shows and movies also! - but its 'beauty with brains and persona' thats rare.... Smile

Anonymní

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:57 am

Smile
I hope the judges of all beauty pageants have the same criteria as you have (I mean no "Miss Q/A", but a combination of both - beauty and brain) . We have to trust them, because we can know more only about our delegates from a national round. Every Miss Universe/World/etc... should know how to perform on public.

And sometimes, when I am watching our pageant and the girls are speaking ....

Sad Crying or Very sad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Mad confused affraid confused Embarassed Neutral :-123-: No

Lucky
Lucky
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymní Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:17 am

Laughing Laughing

seriously.... the girls these days are so weak in QA.... they need to bring back the 90s format!!! Smile

Anonymní

Back to top Go down

Post  bonner Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:23 am

not bad even our country just ended as 1st runner up
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 114925
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)
Rachel Smith(Miss USA 2007)
Angela Martini (Miss Albania Universe 2010)

Registration date : 2008-11-17
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:46 pm

I do not care if I am a minority, but I do love Mpule, like her personality and she was a REAL MISS UNIVERSE, she helped people and still doing it.... God Bless Her!!! -101-- -101-- :-4532-:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:28 pm

1999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) Img122hg9yd7

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:01 pm

1999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) Img188jd8fs7

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:19 pm

The night she crowned Lara Dutta in Cyprus....

1999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) Img227sy9ig5

Back to top Go down

Post  Tidus Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:48 pm

1999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) F1de8fc56608b96c_large1999 -  Mpule Kwelagobe- Official Thread -  MISS UNIVERSE 1999 (Botswana) 229d4a117a307b6d_large
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next