PAGEANT-MANIA
Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 1113


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

+4
Emilie
Lucky
barbara
Tidus
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Tidus Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:34 pm

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 2h81zsh
Laura Kirilova Chukanov was born in Sofia, Bulgaria on June 5th, 1986. Laura and her family immigrated to the United States in 1990 when her father’s career in alternative energy research blossomed. Laura is proud to come from a family full of strong women and influential men. Her background has prepared her for a life full of adventure and opportunities to succeed. Laura speaks English, Bulgarian, and Spanish and is competent in Russian as well. The past few years of Laura’s life have been an incredible journey that led her to her current role as Miss Utah USA 2009. Currently a senior at the University of Utah, Laura is majoring in International Studies and receiving minors in Leadership Studies and Art History. After her year of service as Miss Utah USA 2009 Laura will pursue a Masters Degree in Art Management.
[center]Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 66f8cj

During her time at the University of Utah Laura has been able to volunteer at a Navajo Reservation, work as an orientation leader for two summers, help international students feel welcome to the U of U, work as a Peer Mentor in the Career Services Office, chair the Community Relations Board for Rock the U (a charitable dance marathon that raised over $90,000 for the Huntsman Cancer Foundation), chair the International Studies Student Advisory Committee, participate and graduate from the International Leadership Academy, run in the Salt Lake City Marathon with Hometown Heroes for the Huntsman Cancer Foundation, and bike 40 miles in the MS150 for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.

Last year Laura had the chance to work with Big Heart Humanitarian, a local non-profit organization that helps children in Guatemala receive an education. With Big Heart Humanitarian Laura was able to travel to Guatemala to meet with the director of The Rose Education Foundation, who introduced her to the many educational challenges students face in Guatemala. During the 2008 school year Laura worked as an intern at Terzian Galleries in Park City. This experience has introduced her to the art community in Utah, which she is now in love with. During her reign as Miss Utah USA 2009 Laura hopes to become more involved with the art community in Utah. She also has plans to start her own non-profit organization, Buddies Abroad, a pen-pal program for children in elementary classrooms world-wide.

Traveling and art are two of Laura’s favorite hobbies. Laura recently completed a study abroad in Spain were she had the chance to study Spanish art history and Spanish history. In the past few years Laura has traveled to Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, France, Spain, Morocco, and Bulgaria. Laura considers herself a global citizen because she has family in 3 continents and she has dual citizenship. During her reign, Laura hopes to have a chance to work with immigrant children in order to help them feel as welcome as she does in the United States.

Laura is extremely thankful to her family and friends for helping her get this far and she hopes to make them and the state of Utah proud during her year of service. Laura is so happy to have the opportunity to be MISS UTAH USA®️ 2009 and she cannot wait to compete in the MISS USA 2009 pageant! Thank you everyone!!!
Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 5wvvcl


Last edited by TIDUS on Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:44 am; edited 3 times in total

_________________
Gone Baby,Gone Wink
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13119
Age : 42
Location : HELLAS
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Tidus Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:35 pm

i think this girl can take the title.........very strong imo.

_________________
Gone Baby,Gone Wink
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13119
Age : 42
Location : HELLAS
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  barbara Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:51 pm

yeah tidus is right! very strong!
barbara
barbara
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 1556
Age : 36
Location : Slovak Republic
Registration date : 2008-10-10
Female

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Lucky Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:47 pm

Maybe she is strong, but definitelly not my cup of tea No
Lucky
Lucky
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Number of posts : 9031
Age : 49
Location : PRAGUE
Registration date : 2008-08-07
Female

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Emilie Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Top 15,her colors are beautiful
Emilie
Emilie
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 1147
Age : 47
Location : Hungary
Registration date : 2009-02-22
Female

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Tidus Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:59 pm

I JUST ADORE WHAT I SEE. I HOPE SHE IS LIKE THAT.!!!

_________________
Gone Baby,Gone Wink
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13119
Age : 42
Location : HELLAS
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Lucky Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:18 pm

I am not sure she really looks like on the pics above. But the pics are very nice Smile

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 09miss10
Lucky
Lucky
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Number of posts : 9031
Age : 49
Location : PRAGUE
Registration date : 2008-08-07
Female

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Tidus Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:35 pm

Lucky wrote:I am not sure she really looks like on the pics above. But the pics are very nice Smile

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 09miss10

oh yeah she does look good!!!! I predict she will come strong in the final. Her official photos and bio only just appeared in the Miss Utah site. She is goona be a hard competetion for California,Hawaii and Kentucky(my other favourites).

_________________
Gone Baby,Gone Wink
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13119
Age : 42
Location : HELLAS
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Permian from Guadeloupe Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:09 am

Waouh !!! beautiful

Utah semi finalist in 2007 and 2008
Permian from Guadeloupe
Permian from Guadeloupe
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 1062
Registration date : 2008-11-23

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Anonymní Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:06 am

yes. another big favorite!!!
alien Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov LargeMiss09_4

Anonymní
Guest


Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Lucky Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:11 pm

Lucky
Lucky
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Number of posts : 9031
Age : 49
Location : PRAGUE
Registration date : 2008-08-07
Female

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Guest Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:15 pm

TIDUS wrote:
Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 2h81zsh
Laura Kirilova Chukanov was born in Sofia, Bulgaria on June 5th, 1986. Laura and her family immigrated to the United States in 1990 when her father’s career in alternative energy research blossomed. Laura is proud to come from a family full of strong women and influential men. Her background has prepared her for a life full of adventure and opportunities to succeed. Laura speaks English, Bulgarian, and Spanish and is competent in Russian as well. The past few years of Laura’s life have been an incredible journey that led her to her current role as Miss Utah USA 2009. Currently a senior at the University of Utah, Laura is majoring in International Studies and receiving minors in Leadership Studies and Art History. After her year of service as Miss Utah USA 2009 Laura will pursue a Masters Degree in Art Management.
[center]Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 66f8cj

During her time at the University of Utah Laura has been able to volunteer at a Navajo Reservation, work as an orientation leader for two summers, help international students feel welcome to the U of U, work as a Peer Mentor in the Career Services Office, chair the Community Relations Board for Rock the U (a charitable dance marathon that raised over $90,000 for the Huntsman Cancer Foundation), chair the International Studies Student Advisory Committee, participate and graduate from the International Leadership Academy, run in the Salt Lake City Marathon with Hometown Heroes for the Huntsman Cancer Foundation, and bike 40 miles in the MS150 for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.

Last year Laura had the chance to work with Big Heart Humanitarian, a local non-profit organization that helps children in Guatemala receive an education. With Big Heart Humanitarian Laura was able to travel to Guatemala to meet with the director of The Rose Education Foundation, who introduced her to the many educational challenges students face in Guatemala. During the 2008 school year Laura worked as an intern at Terzian Galleries in Park City. This experience has introduced her to the art community in Utah, which she is now in love with. During her reign as Miss Utah USA 2009 Laura hopes to become more involved with the art community in Utah. She also has plans to start her own non-profit organization, Buddies Abroad, a pen-pal program for children in elementary classrooms world-wide.

Traveling and art are two of Laura’s favorite hobbies. Laura recently completed a study abroad in Spain were she had the chance to study Spanish art history and Spanish history. In the past few years Laura has traveled to Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, France, Spain, Morocco, and Bulgaria. Laura considers herself a global citizen because she has family in 3 continents and she has dual citizenship. During her reign, Laura hopes to have a chance to work with immigrant children in order to help them feel as welcome as she does in the United States.

Laura is extremely thankful to her family and friends for helping her get this far and she hopes to make them and the state of Utah proud during her year of service. Laura is so happy to have the opportunity to be MISS UTAH USA®️ 2009 and she cannot wait to compete in the MISS USA 2009 pageant! Thank you everyone!!!
Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 5wvvcl
Beautiful brunette.... I love you

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Tidus Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:17 pm


WOW HER FATHER IS REALLY SOMETHING!

_________________
Gone Baby,Gone Wink
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13119
Age : 42
Location : HELLAS
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Lucky Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:20 pm

TIDUS wrote:

WOW HER FATHER IS REALLY SOMETHING!

Maybe she will use a fireball at the final night Very Happy
Lucky
Lucky
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Number of posts : 9031
Age : 49
Location : PRAGUE
Registration date : 2008-08-07
Female

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Tidus Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:24 pm

Lucky wrote:
TIDUS wrote:

WOW HER FATHER IS REALLY SOMETHING!

Maybe she will use a fireball at the final night Very Happy

[color=darkblue]OR MAYBE SHE WILL PROVE THAT THE DICTATORSHIP OF BLONDES RESEMBLING BABS FROM "CHICKEN RUN" IS OVER.....YOU KNOW...BY JUST TALKING OVER HER ACADEMIC PAST.WHO KNOWS???? lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
color]

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Zsq2pkMiss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 2m6o5le


Last edited by TIDUS on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Gone Baby,Gone Wink
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13119
Age : 42
Location : HELLAS
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Tidus Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:06 pm

LAS VEGAS PHOTOS

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov N10683902810_1788612_4231Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov N10683902810_1788634_9675Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov N10683902810_1788630_8604Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov N10683902810_1788623_6839Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov N10683902810_1788631_8868Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov N10683902810_1788596_650Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov N10683902810_1788605_2649

_________________
Gone Baby,Gone Wink
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13119
Age : 42
Location : HELLAS
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Tidus Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:28 am

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 346amj6

_________________
Gone Baby,Gone Wink
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13119
Age : 42
Location : HELLAS
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Tidus Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:32 am

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 2665_59904097810_10683902810_198415Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 2665_59904102810_10683902810_198415Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 2665_59904107810_10683902810_198415Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 2665_59904117810_10683902810_198415Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 2665_59904122810_10683902810_198416Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 2665_59904127810_10683902810_198416


Last edited by TIDUS on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Gone Baby,Gone Wink
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13119
Age : 42
Location : HELLAS
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Tidus Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:34 am

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 2665_59444982810_10683902810_197450Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 2665_59904132810_10683902810_198416Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 2665_59444977810_10683902810_197450

_________________
Gone Baby,Gone Wink
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13119
Age : 42
Location : HELLAS
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Taxi Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:23 pm

Miss Utah 2009, Laura Chukanov

Taxi
BEAUTY SPECIALIST
BEAUTY SPECIALIST

Number of posts : 2361
Location : Indonesia
Registration date : 2008-10-02
Male

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Tidus Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:33 pm

Taxi wrote:Miss Utah 2009, Laura Chukanov

IM SO IN LOVE WITH HER!!!!! TAXI..... :-4532-:

_________________
Gone Baby,Gone Wink
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13119
Age : 42
Location : HELLAS
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Tidus Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:47 pm

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 1-6Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 2-3Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 3-5Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 4-4Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 5-4Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 6-3Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 7-1

_________________
Gone Baby,Gone Wink
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13119
Age : 42
Location : HELLAS
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Tidus Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:19 pm

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Feh36w


Bulgarian Laura Chukanov, who became Miss Utah USA 2009 and will now go on to represent the Beehive state in the prestigious Miss USA pageant on April 19, cherishes great hopes that she will win the crown.

"I will try to convince everybody that I am a clever girl, I speak several languages and deserve to be Miss USA 2009," Laura said in an interview for Darik radio.

Chukanov came to the Salt Lake City, United States from Sofia, Bulgaria, when she was a 4-year-old girl. Her father is a scientist who was invited to California for research purposes. His work then brought him and his family to Utah in the early 1990s.

"My parents used to say that they want me and my brother to have better opportunities. They never stop telling me how beautiful Bulgaria is and my mother is often sad because all her relatives are there. Still I have better chances to do something with my life here, in the United States. I would have never been able to be Miss Utah if I had stayed in Bulgaria," Laura explains.

Asked whether she would like to return to Bulgaria one day, Laura said she definitely would want to do that even though she doesn't know for how long.

"My heart is in Bulgaria. I really want to go back to Bulgaria, but I am not sure whether I will decide to live there."

The beauty said she is overwhelmed with the support that Bulgarians are giving her now.

"This support means a lot to me. I can't believe there are so many people who know who I am and want me to be the next beauty crown winner of the United States. This makes me feel stronger and wanting more and more to be the next Miss USA. I want to use this victory to speak more about Bulgaria, about the migrants in the United States, because they can hard times when they start their new lives here. I would like to thank all these Bulgarian people for what they are giving me," Laura said.

The 22-year-old is currently a senior majoring in international studies and minoring in leadership studies and art history. Asked about her life after the prestigious pageant, Laura said:

"If I become Miss USA I will live in New York and be very, very busy during the whole year. Otherwise I will go back home and finish my education. I will spend a lot of time with my family because here, in Las Vegas, I have very little time left to share with them."


from HJ BLOG

_________________
Gone Baby,Gone Wink
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13119
Age : 42
Location : HELLAS
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Tidus Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:43 am

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 2pu0q6c

_________________
Gone Baby,Gone Wink
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13119
Age : 42
Location : HELLAS
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Tidus Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:43 am

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov 5x3ebc


"I just had to do this little post on Miss Utah USA Laura Chukanov. I watched her win Miss Utah USA and I was so impressed with her. Since then I have had the opportunity to get to know her a little better since I am working with her on the Miss Utah USA/Best Buddies gala. She is such a wonderful woman. Tonight I was so impressed as I watched her in the Miss USA pageant. I honestly thought she would win, but was so proud of her as she won 3rd runner up, that is not an easy thing to do as all of the woman are incredible! You can learn more about Laura at missutahusa.com (which is where I took this picture from I tried to find out who took it for credit, but couldn't find it). "

http://aggiemania.blogspot.com/2009/04/miss-utah-usa-laura-chukanov.html

_________________
Gone Baby,Gone Wink
Tidus
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13119
Age : 42
Location : HELLAS
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov Empty Re: Miss Utah USA 2009 - Laura Chukanov

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum