PAGEANT-MANIA
THE TRUTH BEHIND TELEVISED SCORES IN MISS UNIVERSE 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
THE TRUTH BEHIND TELEVISED SCORES IN MISS UNIVERSE 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE TRUTH BEHIND TELEVISED SCORES IN MISS UNIVERSE

2 posters

Go down

THE TRUTH BEHIND TELEVISED SCORES IN MISS UNIVERSE Empty THE TRUTH BEHIND TELEVISED SCORES IN MISS UNIVERSE

Post  Ray Dacascos Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:41 am

I READ THAT SOMEONE FROM THE OTHER FORUM [MISSOSOLOGY] IS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE AVERAGE SCORES OF THE JUDGES AND SHE SAYS THAT THERE IS A BIAS FROM ONE OR TWO OF THE JUDGES WHO GIVE HIGHEST SCORE TO HIS FAVORED CANDIDATE WHILE HE GIVES LOWEST SCORES TO THE OTHERS.

Nina Cleopatra wrote:Hey guys. I have received information about the possibility of two judges who allegedly gave very high scores to their favorite contestant (1) and very low scores to the rest of them (all) or even lower to the ones they believed were a threat to their girl. Thus the low scores coming to all the contestants(8.70 is a very low score for the quality of this year), even the ones on top 5. for example If I'm a judge and I want my girl to win I'll give 9.90 to my candidate and 7.00 or even lower to the rest of them, after the points are combined the final score ends up about 8.00-8.60. I decided to make my own investigation, as it was pretty strange to me that very strong girls ie: Colombia, Ireland and Russia received such low scores in comparison to the regular scores from past years. 8.50 and lower means a terrible performance according to the standard scores in the history of Miss Universe which fluctuates between 7.90-9.90. I got the two names and the contestants they were pushing, although my source is very reliable, I don't have a solid prof of this allegations. I'm sure I will get to the bottom of this as I have done with other subjects in the past. Thanks to those who rely in me to disclose this kind of information.

WELL EVEN IF IT IS TRUE, WELL I CAN SAY THAT THE AVERAGED SCORES OF ALL THE JUDGES ARE STILL UNBIASED. UNLESS ALL THE JUDGES ARE BIASED TO A CANDIDATE. WHY? HERE'S MY ANSWER:

ERNST AND YOUNG, THE ACCOUNTING FIRM OF MISS UNIVERSE ORGANIZATION, USES A STATISTICAL METHOD CALLED TRIMMED MEAN. A trimmed mean is calculated by discarding a certain percentage of the lowest and the highest scores and then computing the mean of the remaining scores. For example, a mean trimmed 50% is computed by discarding the lower and higher 25% of the scores and taking the mean of the remaining scores.

FOR EXAMPLE: MISS PHILIPPINES SCORE FROM FIVE OF THE JUDGES ARE SUPPOSEDLY LIKE THIS
JUDGE 1 8.767
JUDGE 2 8.654
JUDGE 3 2.503
JUDGE 4 9.999
JUDGE 5 7.903

IN TRIMMED MEAN THE HIGHEST AND THE LOWEST SCORES ARE ELIMINATED, WHERE AS, JUDGE 3'S AND JUDGE 4'S SCORES ARE ELIMINATED AND THE OTHER REMAIN SCORES WILL BE AVERAGED TO 3.

The median is the mean trimmed 100% and the arithmetic mean is the mean trimmed 0%.

A trimmed mean is obviously less susceptible to the effects of extreme scores than is the arithmetic mean. It is therefore less susceptible to sampling fluctuation than the mean for extremely skewed distributions. It is less efficient than the mean for normal distributions.

Trimmed means are often used in Olympic scoring to minimize the effects of extreme ratings possibly caused by biased judges.

JUST AN INFO FOR EVERYONE.

SOURCE: ERNST AND YOUNG
Ray Dacascos
Ray Dacascos
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Number of posts : 249
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Dayana Mendoza!
Registration date : 2009-08-02
Male

http://paradiseofbeauty.forum0.biz

Back to top Go down

THE TRUTH BEHIND TELEVISED SCORES IN MISS UNIVERSE Empty Re: THE TRUTH BEHIND TELEVISED SCORES IN MISS UNIVERSE

Post  bonner Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:46 am

so whos that girl whom favorable??
jamaica or Mexico?
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 114966
Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)
Rachel Smith(Miss USA 2007)
Angela Martini (Miss Albania Universe 2010)

Registration date : 2008-11-17
Male

Back to top Go down

THE TRUTH BEHIND TELEVISED SCORES IN MISS UNIVERSE Empty Re: THE TRUTH BEHIND TELEVISED SCORES IN MISS UNIVERSE

Post  Ray Dacascos Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:49 am

bonner wrote:so whos that girl whom favorable??
jamaica or Mexico?

ask Nina Cleopatra. she's the one who told that.
Ray Dacascos
Ray Dacascos
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bonner Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:56 am

Ray Dacascos wrote:
jamaica or Mexico?

not a member anymore in misso lol Laughing
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Ray Dacascos Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:00 am

bonner wrote:
Ray Dacascos wrote:
jamaica or Mexico?

ay pareho pala tayo. Very Happy nalaman ko lang sa isa kong kaibigan ang tungkol sa sinabi ni Nina at ipinasa niya sa akin via PM. anyway, i think she's referring to Jamaica.
Ray Dacascos
Ray Dacascos
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bonner Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:10 am

Ray Dacascos wrote:
bonner wrote:
Ray Dacascos wrote:
jamaica or Mexico?

ay pareho pala tayo. Very Happy nalaman ko lang sa isa kong kaibigan ang tungkol sa sinabi ni Nina at ipinasa niya sa akin via PM. anyway, i think she's referring to Jamaica.

feeling ko nga at an taas ng score niya sa swimsuit.... btw im still waiting to see your real pic. Razz
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bb Pilipinas

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down