PAGEANT-MANIA
Miss Finland 2011, Pia Pakarinen gives away her crown!!!!  1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
Miss Finland 2011, Pia Pakarinen gives away her crown!!!!  1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miss Finland 2011, Pia Pakarinen gives away her crown!!!!

+4
Emilie
bestman
bonner
Milka
8 posters

Go down

Miss Finland 2011, Pia Pakarinen gives away her crown!!!!  Empty Miss Finland 2011, Pia Pakarinen gives away her crown!!!!

Post  Milka Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:58 pm

Pia Pakarinen, who was crowned Miss Finland on March, and represented our country at Miss Universe 2011 pageant has renounces her crown. This is because she felt that she didn't get enough support from the Miss Finland organisation.

She announced it on live TV programme this evening

Miss Finland 2011, Pia Pakarinen gives away her crown!!!!  Img-1288558292452

Miss Finland 2011, Pia Pakarinen gives away her crown!!!!  Parinenetu1609MN_503_vi

This means that the 1st ru, Sara Sieppi will take over the title
Miss Finland 2011, Pia Pakarinen gives away her crown!!!!  Img-1288558556354

Miss Finland 2011, Pia Pakarinen gives away her crown!!!!  Sarasieppietu1609MN_503_vi

PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 3050
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Milka Chulina
Registration date : 2009-03-04
Female

Back to top Go down

Miss Finland 2011, Pia Pakarinen gives away her crown!!!!  Empty Re: Miss Finland 2011, Pia Pakarinen gives away her crown!!!!

Post  bonner Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:11 am

anyway Miss Universe is over...but her tears makes me sad
bonner
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 121446
Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)
Rachel Smith(Miss USA 2007)
Angela Martini (Miss Albania Universe 2010)

Registration date : 2008-11-17
Male

Back to top Go down

Miss Finland 2011, Pia Pakarinen gives away her crown!!!!  Empty Re: Miss Finland 2011, Pia Pakarinen gives away her crown!!!!

Post  bestman Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:56 am

Wow - how sad - and how embarrasing for the MF org. Or, is she just a sore looser???
IMO, she is one of the best Miss Finlands in the recent years.

But, Sara is still going to MW?
bestman
bestman
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 2187
Favourite Miss : Megan Young, Nicole Faria and Rochelle Strauss.
Registration date : 2008-10-25
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Emilie Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:10 am

But why did she cry? What did she say? I feel sorry for her.

And DT should look at the world map sometimes. Not the South American part I'm pretty sure he knows the capital city of every country in South America (I'm sorry for ranting).
Emilie
Emilie
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 1149
Registration date : 2009-02-22
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Santuzzo Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:19 am

That's absolutely sad. Pia was a strong candidate,i believe she did the best she could.. And,now that Miss Universe is over,probably she doesn't have any more reason to keep the title. Pageants should be taken more seriously in Europe,way more seriously.. Countries like France,Spain,Russia,Czech Republic are on the good way yet.
Santuzzo
Santuzzo
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 2641
Favourite Miss : Olivia Culpo, Miss Universe
Registration date : 2010-01-24
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Milka Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:34 am

bestman wrote:Wow - how sad - and how embarrasing for the MF org. Or, is she just a sore looser???
IMO, she is one of the best Miss Finlands in the recent years.

But, Sara is still going to MW?

Actually this is not embarrasing for the organisation because Pia says this. I can remember EVERY SINGLE Miss Finland since 2004 saying that they don't get enough support. Surprised So it's been embarrasing for years now

Basically the main problem is that after their crowning they are left alone. Organisation pays for the tickets to international pageants for Miss Finland and the runnerups, but everything else is left for the girls to deal for themselves. They has to get the sponsors for the gowns, shoes ect. you name it themselves. Nobody is there to giva a helping hand from the organisation.

It's no secret that you don't get rich by becoming Miss Finland. There's not that much jobs to do and depending on how interesting the winner is, you either get lots of job opportunities or not much at all. But what suprises me in Pia's case is that she claims that this all came as a suprise to her. How could it be a suprise when year after year this is what previous winners have said and have heavily critized the organisation? Shocked

I'm not calling Pia a sore loser. I mean this decision of hers had absolutely NOTHING to do with how Miss Universe went for her. It's about other stuff but there is always two sides of the coin. Miss Finland organisation does have a manager for the winners, who is resposible for bookings and Pia has gotten jobopportunities but has decided to turn them down, because she kinda... sort of.... *cough cough*... has got herself her own personal manager these days, whom is in no way connected to the organisation. This manager of hers ain't been the best of influence for her and I'm keen to think that he is dictating to her what to say and do.....

So, there is always two sides of the coin....

Last edited by Milka on Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Milka Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:36 am

bestman wrote:But, Sara is still going to MW?

I seriously hope so. It would be totally unfair if Sara would loose her right to represent us in Miss World and didn't get any internation pageants to attend, because there would be gigs planned for Miss Finland during that time Shocked which Sara, as the new Miss Finland, is obligated to do now.

PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  eja Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:55 pm

It´s typical for us "small" countries in pageant-world!

Miss World Sweden has had same trouble-the winner felt it was wrong to be comitted to the oganiazation for a whole year and therefore quit-it happened about two years ago.

I thought Pia got lots of PR this year-positive of that too!

But as Milka said-it´s two sides to the story...

Hope Sara still will go to Miss World.

eja

eja
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  darkvindak Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:16 pm

Like Pia but I liked Sara more from the begining
darkvindak
darkvindak
PREDICTIONIST
PREDICTIONIST

Number of posts : 2633
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Oxana Fedorova
Registration date : 2010-09-09
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Santuzzo Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:28 pm

Sad
Santuzzo
Santuzzo
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 2641
Favourite Miss : Olivia Culpo, Miss Universe
Registration date : 2010-01-24
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  eja Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:58 am

I feel so sad for Pia.She´s a stunning Miss and should have placed in Miss Universe 2011.

Given that, I wonder what is at stake here. My finnish is not good-(my relatives live in a part of Finland were they only speak swedish) .

so I don´t understand what is said in this interview.

But surely Pia must have signed a contract when being crowned Miss Finland.

That must state what the organizer is doing for her. t seems a bit strange to renounce her title after Miss universe, what were her plans via contract for the rest of the year? Something she didn´t approve of? I don´t know...

Best wishes to Pia, and to new Miss Finland Sara Seippi who will represent her country in Miss World Nov. 6!

eja

eja
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Cammie Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:52 am

Well. Pia is so pretty and i believe if she had support from Finland org she would have a chance to place and i think she knows it. She was favourite for a lot of us and i think she hopes that this step will change somethink in future. Because i believe Finlands girls are very pretty and if lack of support will continue we can lost beautiful girl in semis just beacause o that.
Cammie
Cammie
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 1756
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe, Miss USA, Miss
Favourite Miss : Hilary Cruz, Alyssa Campanella, Tereza Fajksová

Registration date : 2008-12-24
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Milka Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:07 pm

eja wrote:I feel so sad for Pia.She´s a stunning Miss and should have placed in Miss Universe 2011.

Given that, I wonder what is at stake here. My finnish is not good-(my relatives live in a part of Finland were they only speak swedish) .

so I don´t understand what is said in this interview.

But surely Pia must have signed a contract when being crowned Miss Finland.

That must state what the organizer is doing for her. t seems a bit strange to renounce her title after Miss universe, what were her plans via contract for the rest of the year? Something she didn´t approve of? I don´t know...

Basically she talks about the illusion that is created that the life is so great, but in reality you are left alone.

I disagree with that. I know there are a lot of problems in the organisation, mainly that there are not enough people who take care of the winners. Naturally, that should change RIGHT NOW!! Of course the girls needs support and help.

But I disagree when she says that there is this illusion but then the reality is totally different. Like I said since 2004 every single winner has said that they are left alone, they don't get enought help and support. So HOW could Pia expec that? The girls know that they themselves have to be active and do a lot of things themselves. This is something that is told to the finalists that they heave to be active themselves also. Things will not be handed to them. There is no illusion about a glamourous life. It's been all over the press for years now how the winners strugle to make any gain from their year. It can't be a suprise to Pia.

I aplaud her courage to take this step and be the first winner to do so, but I don't agree with all the things she says. We've had very strong girls these last years that know what the deal is. I guess Pia was at the end of the day just a little bit too naive and didn't know how to do things herself. Didn't have the attitude to this job

She says in that interview that her morals don't let her to crown a new miss into this illusion. So she has to resign.

PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Milka Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:14 pm

For the past 3 years the finnish audience have decided the winner. I think after this the judges will make the decision again. I think it would be needed....

PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Milka Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:11 pm

Sara Sieppi was officially crowned as the new Miss Finland 2011 today

Miss Finland 2011, Pia Pakarinen gives away her crown!!!!  Kruunu2jh260911_vi

Miss Finland 2011, Pia Pakarinen gives away her crown!!!!  Kruunu1jh260911_vi

PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down