PAGEANT-MANIA
MISS EARTH 2008 PAGEANT THOUGHTS AND ANALYSIS 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
MISS EARTH 2008 PAGEANT THOUGHTS AND ANALYSIS 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MISS EARTH 2008 PAGEANT THOUGHTS AND ANALYSIS

Go down

MISS EARTH 2008 PAGEANT THOUGHTS AND ANALYSIS Empty MISS EARTH 2008 PAGEANT THOUGHTS AND ANALYSIS

Post  Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:28 pm

MISS EARTH 2008 PAGEANT THOUGHTS AND ANALYSIS
Yanina Mercado

The HEAT is on! They have arrived… they have conquered the Earth… Now on the 9th of November each one will outshine each other… and no question about that Miss Earth has really come a long way. It has been a part of my life to post and write articles and commentaries about the Miss Earth pageant since its inception in 2001. This year is definitely not to be missed out. 85 young women have convened in Manila to be recognized as the most beautiful woman on earth. And one of them will step up and be proclaimed Earth’s maiden warrior. Who will it be? Join me as we journey towards the end of the pageant’s course.

Honestly, I could not help but allow myself to be heard in regards to this year’s pageant. So I am giving you Marco’s thoughts and analysis for this year’s edition. Prior to the writing of this article I already posted in this forum my pre arrival thoughts and analysis. There are major changes in my list. But there are still some ladies who until now are still consistent with their presentations and performances. This is the list I made a few weeks back.

First List
Winner: Greece
Air: Spain
Water: Tanzania
Fire: Thailand

Top Eight

5. USA
6. Mexico
7. Brazil
8. Czech Republic

Top Sixteen

9. Romania
10. Slovak Republic
11. Switzerland
12. Guatemala
13. El Salvador
14. Colombia
15. Venezuela
16. Northern Ireland

Just for a side notes: With the exclusion of Guatemala in this year’s edition I came to realize that this country has deprived itself of its second Miss Earth semi-final entry in the pageant’s 8 years of existence. She could have followed Marie Claire Palacios Boeufgrasbs’s feat in 2003 by becoming the second Guatemalan to place in the top sixteen or she may do even better than that. Unfortunately, that opportunity is wasted. If only she has come to represent Guatemala we might see neck to neck fights with the rest of the hot contenders for the crown.

PICTURE perfect… the beautiful surprise so far is the lovely Botswana who I ignored so much but is making astounding showing recently. Rwanda too is another black stunner in this edition, not to left out the entrancing Miss South Sudan who I think deserves a spot in the top 16. Indeed, as they say black is beautiful. Africa this time is represented well in this pageant. Who knows anyone from them will be announced the new Miss Earth winner.

Then there is also the striking Miss Netherlands who I believe is favored well by the audience. She will definitely rock the competition in the final night. By the way, South Africa was so great in her national costume. I love how the details and patterns are put together making it a wonderful representation of the modern and old South Africa. She too is another dark horse in this edition. Korea’s costume is a sure hit too. It does reflect this country’s colorful and rich traditions. Philippines’s Maria Clara inspired costume is also a two thumbs up and how about the beautiful attire of the striking Miss Tahiti? Truly, Miss Earth has come a long way, a pageant that still clings to the world of pageantry of the past but with a twist of the modern drama and sparks.

It seems that most countries have come to realize the beauty of holding the pageant such as Miss Earth. The European contingent has been a great example for this one. This continent alone has given us a number of stunners for this edition. Well, there is the enchanting Greece who captured two awards during the national costume competition. This is a sign that Greece might do well in the final night… I really want her to see in the semi-final round; although, I have a feeling that she might not advance to the final four. Then there is the lovely and beautiful Romania; honestly she became my favorite during the arrival. Of course the silent Switzerland is just around the corner (watch out for her in the final night). And what about the equally stunning Netherlands (I love the body…she might give us a pleasant surprise)? The towering Sweden, the ever beautiful Spain (my best in swimsuit and thanks God she had an excellent gown in the preliminaries. Slovak republic too would not want to be left out. The lovely Czech Republic and England have this refreshing personality and I love those angelic faces and stance. The striking Bosnia and Herzegovina and the eloquent and witty France are two of the misses that should not be missed. Practically speaking, almost all of them are so great and I believe we will be having a tough competition this time.

The Americas too would not want to be left out. USA has an excellent body and speaks very eloquently… so watch out for her too… I heard she prepared well for this contest. I could still remember how I went crazy about her participation in Miss USA 2005 only to be ignored in the final night… this is now her time to shine. Mexico too has impressed some of the pageant fans. I do love her pre arrival pictures. But I honestly say that the pictures don’t say great at all about this lady. I do see a surprise entry from Canada this year. Colombia has an engaging personality and she seems to be poised to capture the first ME crown for Colombia. Peru is the dynamite among the stunners of ME. She has an impressive performance in the swimsuit competition. She quite pulled an excellent marking in this segment. Venezuela is still Venezuela… the red gown reminds me much of ME 2005 who is also from Venezuela. Nicaragua (another dark horse from this region… I really would love to see her in the top 16), and finally Brazil, a very remarkable stunner from the ever great Brazil. I believe she is the chosen one… the one who can break the curse that Brazil has been experiencing for three consecutive years in the ME’s semi-final round… and expect her to shine in the final night.

As to Asia, Bhutan really caught my attention. She is exotic that is too hard to ignore. I hope the judges will not pass on her. She deserves to be up there (IMO). Philippines and Thailand seem to be leading the pack in this region. Both have qualities of Miss Earth winner. We should not also forget the incredible China who I think is another stunner. India has not been the talk of the pageant but we have to remember that this country does well in this pageant, so watch out for India in the final night too.

Now it’s 3 days before the final night. Everyone is excited and is posting their lists from one forum to another. As a pageant lover I believe I deserve to be heard too. Please no need for bashings and ranting here. Positive and sound comments will do no harm especially to our Miss Earth Beauties who might be visiting this forum. We have to bear in mind that respect is in order at all times.

Who stood out in the Swimsuit? Spain and USA are the two best for me. They both have an excellent body and great presentations. Slovenia and Peru came that close and I was surprised by Slovenia because I never thought that she was a hot mama mia. Peru as expected is always exceptional. Northern Ireland has a great form too and so is Miss Kosovo. France has a great body only she failed to deliver. She could have worked that to her advantage.

Who stood out in the evening gown? Russia is just so lovely and elegant. I think she stood out here. I won’t be surprised at all if she enters top 16. This one will give us a remarkable showing in the final night. I love Northern Ireland too as well as Miss Bhutan. Bhutan will surely give us a pleasant surprise. Sweden is unbelievably exquisite. I just love her. She is so adorable. Way to go Sweden. Another one worth mentioning here is also Miss Colombia. She just exudes so much confidence on stage and I love the entire presentation. Spain is the best so far… I am falling in love with this girl. She surely knows her thing. Indonesia too stood out here and she has a lot of potential. Greece just made my day. Thanks God she had a nice choice of gown. I love the hair. Brazil was quite remarkable. Kosovo is also a breath of fresh air. Netherlands to me is one gorgeous lady. She surely surprised me and reminds me a lot of Lara Dutta. She stepped right on cue. Peru and Philippines always came in strong. No doubt about it. Serbia and Slovenia looked fantastic in their presentations. I am rooting for Serbia now. Venezuela was divine in that red number. Guadeloupe is another stunner. She might surprise us in the final night. Japan was very impressive and i loved the execution and poses. Finally, Bosnia gave that stylish and excellent gown presentation

I am giving you my final list for the Miss Earth 2008 pageant

1.SPAIN- this one is just beautiful. I believe Spain is ready this time for a Miss Earth crown. She is a big hit and surely has given us excellent performances in the preliminaries. OMG I love this girl so much. Rock on Spain!

2. BRAZIL- this country does well in ME so I am not surprised at all if she makes wave in the final night. We may be seeing Brazil’s second ME crown this year. Furthermore, she has a very charming personality and she walks like a model.

3. PERU- and who says she’s not going to make it? Everything about her is just remarkable. She is to me an earthly gem. I do see a repeat victory of Odilia Pamela Garcia Pineda in 2007. Who eventually made it through the top 8. She certainly will do well in this pageant.

4.KOSOVO - one plus point…that wonderful body. She has a great form and no doubt will be a top contender for fitness award if there is any. I observed she plays her part well. She has mastered the game of the pageant world I suppose.

Top Eight

5.USA- Jana’s body is one of the best but I am not quite sure of her evening gown presentation so I am placing her in my top 8. Watch out for the interview portion this girl will surely hit big time.

6.COLOMBIA- Am I seeing a Taliana Vargas feat here? I think so, this lady is lovely and magnificent. She has a hot body and a fantastic evening gown presentation. Wow! Love this girl.

7.SLOVENIA- she is HOT and I adore here. She delivered strong performances both in the EG and SS. Watch out for her. I do see a top 8 spot for this Slovenian stunner

8. TANZANIA- she is totally a dark stunner. Her smile says it all… I am a potential Miss Earth. And include that fantastic body and that unconventional pageant patty hairstyle. She reminds me of the stylish and divine Denny Mendez in MU 1997 only Miriam has a lot of charm and sparks. If she doesn’t win, she will be secured of a first runner-up position. (I am seeing a Kenya (2002) and Dominican Rep (2005) feat here)

Top Sixteen

9.PHILIPPINES- she is sweet and she is the Miss Switzerland of last year’s edition. Both really display a demure and sweet personality yet adorable and likable. In addition, this country has never been ignored in Miss Earth. So, expect her to do well in the final night.

10.ROMANIA- I have a soft spot for this lady. She is a goddess of the earth and a definite contender for the crown. Her lovely personality and aura are her passports to the top four. I only wish she will choose a great gown for the final night. Thanks to her stunning face or else she will be out just because of that horrible gown.

11. NETHERLANDS- this lady caught my attention in the evening gown. She was superb and reminds me of Larra Dutta. She is dusky and has a nice body. This lady will shine in the final night for sure. I am rooting for this one.

12. NORTHERN IRELAND- this girl is both consistent in the swimsuit and the evening gown so I won’t be surprised at all to her in the top 16. She rocked the evening gown and carried that gown so perfectly. In addition, she has one of the great bodies in this competition.

13.GREECE- I still have hopes for this another goddess. She truly is a goddess of the earth hard to be overlooked. However, we might be seeing a Galena syndrome in this year’s pageant on the person of the enchanting Greece. I hate to see her being excluded in the top 16. If this happens then I will be disappointed.

14.COSTA RICA- She was bubbly in the evening gown and I find her likable. I believe this lady will be called in the top 16.

15. BHUTAN- She is HOT and I really want this girl to be included in the semi-final round. The gown was incredible and she has a great stance, I love that oozing confidence.

16. VENEZUELA- to be honest I don’t like her form so much but her evening gown presentation is a sure spot for Miss Venezuela in the top 16. She will be up there in the top 8 for sure. Venezuela always delivers well in the EG department so expect her to be in.

ALTERNATES: SERBIA, RUSSIA, THAILAND, MEXICO, WALES, UGANDA, NICARAGUA, MARTINIQUE, FRANCE, SWEDEN, BOTSWANA, ECUADOR, SLOVAK REPUBLIC AND CZECH REP.

I really have a hard time coming with my spots from 9 to 16. I feel like there are a lot of stunners this year and are deserving of a semifinal spot. So, I am giving FOURTEEN spots for my alternates who I think have a great chance in making it to the top 16.
Miss Earth 2008 final thoughts and review will be posted two days after the coronation night.

GOODLUCK LADIES AND MAY THE BEST GIRL WINS!

Back to top Go down

MISS EARTH 2008 PAGEANT THOUGHTS AND ANALYSIS Empty Re: MISS EARTH 2008 PAGEANT THOUGHTS AND ANALYSIS

Post  Tidus Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:27 pm

the first PROFESSIONAL ANALYSIS OF MY YANINA MERCADO!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORE THEN INTERESTING FROM THE START TO THE END....WITH THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS THAT REALLY MAKE SENSE AND A PAGEANT FOLLOWER CAN RELATE.

:-4532-: :-126-: :-4532-:

MY BIGGEST DISSAPOINTMENT IS ROMANIAS CHOICES IN GOWNS AND SHOES. I FEEL RIA WILL MAKE THE CUT,IF SHE DOESNT I LL BE DISSAPOINTED BUT ILL GET OVER IT.WHAT BOTHERS ME IS LAST YEARS RESULT....IN MEANS OF IF ANY OF THOSE AWARDS THEY HAVE GIVEN UP TO NOW MEAN ANYTHING AT ALL. I REMEMBER PHILIPPINES, -LAST YEAR IF IM RIGHT- WON 2 AWARDS AND DIDNT LAND HER SELF A SPOT IN TOP 16........I HOPE WE ARE NOT GOING FOR ANOTHER JESSICA TRISKO- A GOOD MISS EARTH BUT A MEDIOCRE BEAUTY IMO ALWAYS.

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13119
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

MISS EARTH 2008 PAGEANT THOUGHTS AND ANALYSIS Empty Re: MISS EARTH 2008 PAGEANT THOUGHTS AND ANALYSIS

Post  Anonymní Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:18 pm

Great analysis mate, I like it a lot and i agree with you in almost everything.... we are so close to the finals.... let´s see what is going to happen Wink

Anonymní

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymní Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:08 pm

EDDY wrote:Great analysis mate, I like it a lot and i agree with you in almost everything.... we are so close to the finals.... let´s see what is going to happen Wink
Exactly hermano. Wink

Anonymní

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:14 pm

Awww!!! Very professional!!!

Thank you for sharing us your thoughts about ME this year!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down