PAGEANT-MANIA
Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023)

+2
Frank Speech
bonner
6 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 Empty Re: Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023)

Post  Cello Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:26 am

Cello wrote:We did well with our respective lists / predictions, guys! As expected, non-placement for T&T. My top 10 based on SS are:

1.   Nicaragua
2.   Spain
3.   Puerto Rico
4.   India
5.   Thailand
6.   Peru
7.   Cameroon
8.   Colombia 
9.   Australia 
10. South Africa

I think Australia can go straight to Top 5! Best body of the competition to me.

7/10. Steups. I am really sad for India. There's no way Philippines and El Salvador deserved to place above India. Philippines looks like any regular girl you see walking down the road, and why does she always look so unkempt? I said before she's rough around the edges, and I do mean it! Plain plain plain...

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 88
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Wendy Fitzwilliam
Registration date : 2023-11-01
Other / Decline to state

Kimberly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 Empty Re: Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023)

Post  Cello Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:50 am

EG was TOUGH! Wow...

My Top 5:

1. Puerto Rico
2. Thailand
3. Colombia
4. Nicaragua
5. Australia

Didn't like Nicaragua's gown. I can see El Salvador replacing her. Australia's little slip threw her off a little bit, but I hope she still advances.

PS: I spotted Faith, she actually wore something that looks like EMERALD GREEN. Imagine keeping your actual best colour IN CASE you place, and not putting it out for prelims. Sad.

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Other / Decline to state

Frank Speech likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Cello Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:56 am

Cello wrote:EG was TOUGH! Wow...

My Top 5:

1. Puerto Rico
2. Thailand
3. Colombia
4. Nicaragua
5. Australia

Didn't like Nicaragua's gown. I can see El Salvador replacing her. Australia's little slip threw her off a little bit, but I hope she still advances.

PS: I spotted Faith, she actually wore something that looks like EMERALD GREEN. Imagine keeping your actual best colour IN CASE you place, and not putting it out for prelims. Sad.

5/5...YES!

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post  Cello Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:00 am

I think Aussie is favoured to win. She has an old 1970's kind of beauty (like women you'd see when Penny competed), really timeless and memorable.

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post  Cello Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:10 am

Weak answers overall.

My Top 3:

1. Thailand
2. Nicaragua
3. Colombia 

I feel like if they really want Australia, they will advance her regardless.

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post  Cello Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:18 am

Cello wrote:Weak answers overall.

My Top 3:

1. Thailand
2. Nicaragua
3. Colombia 

I feel like if they really want Australia, they will advance her regardless.

2/3. They REALLY want Australia to win, because her answer was weak and insincere. Despite the push for her by the judging panel, I still think she might fall just short of winning. We'd see.

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post  Cello Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:32 am

My Winner:

2nd RU: Australia 
1st RU: Nicaragua
WINNER: Thailand

Nicaragua had the best answer overall, but I think Thailand has composure that is unmatched. She can really be a spokesperson for the entire year. I'm good with either, tbh. Of course, if they want to shamelessly push even some more for Australia, she can win, but I doubt they want the crowd to riot. lol

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post  Cello Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:57 am

Congratulations Nicaragua, the new Miss Universe!

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Other / Decline to state

Frank Speech and Kimberly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimberly Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:12 am

Some of my thoughts: 

I THOUGHT INDIA & SOUTH AFRICA WOULD MAKE TOP 5  Sad I WAS DEAD WRONG!!! 

I'm still shocked MEXICO was excluded  Shocked  
Maybe the MU Org said NAH we'll exclude Mexico this year & MAKE IT UP TO THEM next year LOL!!  HARD LUCK FOR ALLYUH, TAKE JAM THIS YEAR & NEXT YEAR WE GIVING ALLYUH A PLACEMENT & MAYBE A 4TH CROWN???????  scratch
Y'all know how GHETTO some of them could be when they don't get their way & since they are hosting in 2024, the heat is on.    lol!  

Also SHOCKED that JAMAICA placed Shocked  
She is NOT strong in interviews so HOW THE HELL DID SHE PLACE with a POOR prelim performance, almost TRIPPED on her gown, barely smiled & had questionable interview skills with stage fright YET a GODDESS like TOSHAMI did NOT place last year?!!! -7t6- -42r2-y

I want to slap myself for FORGETTING to put USA in my list..........I completely forgot about her. That's a testament to how forgettable she was IMO. 
COSTA RICA should have replaced her...........She was just as SHORT as USA but a better performer and facially superior BUT it's USA so  Neutral

Also ZIMBABWAE was never in my ORIGINAL list. I added her last minute because I found it SUSPICIOUS that MUO kept featuring this woman every other day. 
I was a little off when I said Namibia OR Cameroon would place.........then BAM both placed with NO Zimbabwe in sight.   Shocked

I LOVE Pakistan facially & her evening gown in the prelims...........BUT I really did not think they were gonna give her a chance. I should have known BETTER. If Portugal & Nepal could place to fill the INCLUSIVITY QUOTA  Rolling Eyes then why not Pakistan? 
Only difference is that I LIKED Pakistan a LOT. 

I did NOT originally have FRANCE in my list because of her underwhelming performance. 
I only added her LAST MINUTE because of what MISSO posted about her & Australia.......Those insiders were OFF with that information they fed the public. No ONLY Australia was the more successful of the 2. 

I did NOT have Guatemala in my original list either BUT I thought that because she had a decent performance & had a lot of support from the crowd, that the judges would still give another placement to a contestant (Married with Children).
It was ONLY reserved for Colombia, as expected. 

My PREDICTIONS were wayyyyyyyyy OFF as expected LOL!!! 

If I trusted my instincts this time by leaving out those countries I did NOT originally have in mind, my list would have been better/closer to what we actually got. 
CONGRATS TO NICARAGUA cheers We all expected her to win so no surprise there. She was the clear winner & fan favourite.  

Kimberly
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Number of posts : 46
Favourite Miss : Janelle Penny Commissiong
Registration date : 2023-11-12
Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimberly Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:41 am

Cello wrote:Thanks for sharing, Kimberley. France was in my top 20, until I saw her SS body. She has one of the best faces in the competition, though! Aussie is definitely a threat, if they want a bombshell blonde! Last time they had that was 2004 (I don't count Demi-Leigh as strict blonde, tbh).

You're most welcome. France has a lovely face BUT it's a pity her performance on stage was so lackluster. Crying or Very sad

Cello wrote:We did well with our respective lists / predictions, guys! As expected, non-placement for T&T. My top 10 based on SS are:

1.   Nicaragua
2.   Spain
3.   Puerto Rico
4.   India
5.   Thailand
6.   Peru
7.   Cameroon
8.   Colombia 
9.   Australia 
10. South Africa

I think Australia can go straight to Top 5! Best body of the competition to me.

7/10. Steups. I am really sad for India. There's no way Philippines and El Salvador deserved to place above India. Philippines looks like any regular girl you see walking down the road, and why does she always look so unkempt? I said before she's rough around the edges, and I do mean it! Plain plain plain...

Still SHOCKED with India  Shocked Her performance was amazing. My goodness!!!!!!!! 

As expected Philippines HAD to place because of what happened to her predecessor.  Neutral

Kimberly
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimberly Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:53 am

@Frank Speech, thank you for the comments on my list! Also, I've always supported those closed-door one / two-day screenings Peter E did sometimes. They were economical, effective, and didn't waste anyone's time or money.

@Kimberley, I won't mind a Charu take-over. I think our friends at C&S got a little too comfortable after Tya's placement, and felt like they could easily replicate it. They started badly with not putting enough effort into screenings, and I expect it to end badly as such. The corrective measure would have been to immediately widen the casting call and even go out to scout potential reps. You telling me nobody in the team advocated for that? NOBODY? What it tells me is that its not a 'team' to begin with, but a one-man show.

Anyways...

I'm hoping the show runs peacefully tonight, even if things don't go the locals' way. Remember the chanting and booing after Mexico didn't advance to top 5 in 2007? Latin Americans can be really passionate.

I feel like in this edition, a lot of the girls peaked late. If one peaks at pre-lims, there are already severals faves who would have been building brand equity for several months before. Still, a lot of dark-horses came though in a big way for prelims, and with the woke judging, nobody is really safe.

There'd be a lot of redemption for Thailand after they were considered a heavy favourite last year, and didn't place. Same would apply for Philippines, but I honestly am not impressed by her at all - even her non-placing predecessor was in more competitive form! Wearing a China sash, she might fall out of everyone's list. Venezuela might be hoping for redemption too, and while she can really, really perform, I think she falls well short of the standard achieved by 2022's Amanda Dudamel.

Honestly, I am hoping for a younger fresh-faced winner (save and except Thailand, who is fresh-faced but not necessarily young).

You're spot on about how Peter Elias ran things. Imagine he tried to cut costs by: 

- Shortening an unnecessary drawn out process (with screening, leading up to the local pageant) 
- Already had 1 Miss Universe winner 
- A number of back to back placements BEFORE & AFTER WENDY
- Had great wardrobes for our reps. & 
- Had HUNDREDS of women flocking to casting calls yet.............. FUNDING was still limited. Crying or Very sad

Which makes me wonder how C&S is handling their finances in comparison to Peter when they seem to have more capital to utilize.  I'm also starting to think you're right about C&S possibly being a 1 man show. 
Sometimes I wonder if they thought that because of Tya's success, that high caliber women would come FLOCKING for screenings?  -105--
And when that did NOT happen, they simply let things run its course. OR they are just too lazy. 

The slate of candidates they had when Tya Jane won was WAYYYYY better than what we saw this year.........Let Charu take over yes. 

EG was TOUGH! Wow...

My Top 5:

1. Puerto Rico
2. Thailand
3. Colombia
4. Nicaragua
5. Australia

I remember you saying on a few occasions that FAITH'S COLOUR is green.  Shocked  
Is anyone from C&S reading your comments? LOL!!! What a coincidence...........HOW SAD eh. 

They gave Tya Jane Ramey the SAME damn dress, who actually placed YET......... gave Faith 2 gowns where the better gown would NEVER see the light of day in the TOP 10. Make it make sense nah.
Were they were SOOOOOOOOO confident that Faith was gonna PLACE that high.......That were willing to take that SILLY gamble?  scratch
Ah telling allyuh......It's because of TYA'S success ON HER WON MERIT, that Crowns & Sashes became DELUSIONAL.   -vxcd3-

WAITING to see if Faith's NON Placement will wake them up from their DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR, so to speak.  -7t6-  

Kimberly
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Female

Cello likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Cello Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:30 pm

Is anyone from C&S reading your comments? LOL!!! What a coincidence...........HOW SAD eh. 

They gave Tya Jane Ramey the SAME damn dress, who actually placed YET......... gave Faith 2 gowns where the better gown would NEVER see the light of day in the TOP 10. Make it make sense nah.
Were they were SOOOOOOOOO confident that Faith was gonna PLACE that high.......That were willing to take that SILLY gamble?  scratch
Ah telling allyuh......It's because of TYA'S success ON HER WON MERIT, that Crowns & Sashes became DELUSIONAL.   -vxcd3-

WAITING to see if Faith's NON Placement will wake them up from their DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR, so to speak.  -7t6-  

They maybe reading in truth, lol!

Being honest, despite this edition being competitive, it was NOT HARD to place! Some of the placers did the bare minimum, but they had reasonable height, and probably solid interviews. Faith is about 5'2 - 5'3 maximum, and pictures have shown that repeatedly. Even 6' in heels, she was dwarfed by even some of the shortest delegates. And I say this with  Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 2764, because I still do think she represented us well. I'm just highlighting that if we don't know what we're looking for to begin with, then how can we find it?

If we look for the basic fundamental attributes that make a competitive candidate, we can place more frequently. I won't get into what I think are the bare minimum physical features, but we've been following pageants long enough to understand what I mean.

An example I like to use is Avionne Mark. Avionne had little to no chance of placing in her year. We all had problems with the bad weaves, remember? Two - three years later, she got a buzz-cut and bleached her hair, got curves, and has never looked better! Imagine if she competed with that look.

On another note, I'm looking forward to what the Miss Tobago pageant brings to the table. Its nice that the opportunity is being brought to the doorsteps of Tobagonians, and we have more to choose from next year!

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Other / Decline to state

Kimberly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:31 am

Our Penny with Miss Universe 2023.
Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 402938539-729136525737053-2336897870970323818-n

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 486
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Miss World 2021
Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Registration date : 2023-10-28
Male

Cello and Kimberly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:36 am

Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 401847619-18399877303055559-5869768414435673331-n

Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 402122210-18399877294055559-5538614926351585401-n

Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 401851171-18399877312055559-7347173416001945626-n

Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 402106841-18399877321055559-194627672252954619-n

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:38 am

Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 403689582-18399877342055559-7715694461666762371-n

Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 403696691-18399877285055559-8960440721825885617-n

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Cello likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:49 am

My top 3 faves were the actual top 3....but I think most people had Nicaragua as the winner early on because she was just such a standout.

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Cello likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimberly Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:37 am

Cello wrote:

They maybe reading in truth, lol!

Being honest, despite this edition being competitive, it was NOT HARD to place! Some of the placers did the bare minimum, but they had reasonable height, and probably solid interviews. Faith is about 5'2 - 5'3 maximum, and pictures have shown that repeatedly. Even 6' in heels, she was dwarfed by even some of the shortest delegates. And I say this with  Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 2764, because I still do think she represented us well. I'm just highlighting that if we don't know what we're looking for to begin with, then how can we find it?

If we look for the basic fundamental attributes that make a competitive candidate, we can place more frequently. I won't get into what I think are the bare minimum physical features, but we've been following pageants long enough to understand what I mean.

An example I like to use is Avionne Mark. Avionne had little to no chance of placing in her year. We all had problems with the bad weaves, remember? Two - three years later, she got a buzz-cut and bleached her hair, got curves, and has never looked better! Imagine if she competed with that look.

On another note, I'm looking forward to what the Miss Tobago pageant brings to the table. Its nice that the opportunity is being brought to the doorsteps of Tobagonians, and we have more to choose from next year!

Yuh sure right about some of these placers doing bare minimum. 

I also remember in the other forum, Faith's short frame was brought & I was SHOCKED she was that short. 
Someone said 5'4. The info is conflicting but somewhere around that measurement (5"2, 5'3) somewhere around there LOL!!

NOT everyone can be as lucky as Demi Leigh from South Africa who won with her short frame & the IMG Era was much different even though it was not that long ago. 

BUT I understand what you mean & YES I agree about Faith overall. She tried her best despite the circumstances & was a joy to follow. Natural entertainer & social media savvy. 
She provided a lot of updates behind the scenes......Something I RARELY saw from our past queens. 
Faith should be used as a TEMPLATE for our future queens when it comes to effectively utilizing SOCIAL MEDIA to BOOST ENGAGEMENT. 

SPOT on about Avionne Mark...........She had a major glow up wayyyy after her pageant days. 
I remember seeing her in I think SHAL MARSHALL's Music VID & was blown away.  

This is why I always STRESS how important styling is............It can help make or break one's chances in pageants IF not done well. This is where many Latinas SUCCEED (Venezuela, Colombia, Thailand & YES dare I say, even Philippines who learned after YEARSSSS of trial & errors). 

I also think C&S has NO IDEA what they are looking for in a winner..........Nor do they have any idea what MUO wants under JKN's Leadership.  scratch I get the impression they do not have a proper strategy when it comes to selecting & MUCH LESS training our queens.

PETER had a VISION. He knew what he wanted in a queen to get us placements or close to the crown again.  C&S is NOT consistent. 

Kimberly
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Female

Cello likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimberly Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:06 am

@FRANK ..........Thanks for the updates/latest info
-4532-t
This was my 1st reaction when I saw this. 
I wonder if Chellomellow was on d people page shining dem up LOL!!! 

Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 20231119-230416
Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 Screenshot-20231119-224655-Instagramh
Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 Screenshot-20231119-224707-Instagram

Kimberly
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Female

Cello likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Cello Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:53 am

Kimberly wrote:
@FRANK ..........Thanks for the updates/latest info
-4532-t
This was my 1st reaction when I saw this. 
I wonder if Chellomellow was on d people page shining dem up LOL!!! 

Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 20231119-230416
Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 Screenshot-20231119-224655-Instagramh
Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 Screenshot-20231119-224707-Instagram

They real getting bash-een! As I said before, I have a strong feeling that C&S is a one-man show, and how-he-name will get rid of anyone who challenges him.

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Other / Decline to state

Kimberly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:47 pm

@Kimberly: You eh easy. How you did up that bacchanal, guyl?

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Kimberly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:15 pm

Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 402098198-18400258357055559-315062979996704078-n

Faith Gillezeau (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 402129519-18400258366055559-6566490423726941664-n

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Cello and Kimberly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimberly Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:16 am

Frank Speech wrote:

@Kimberly: You eh easy. How you did up that bacchanal, guyl?

Well after sooooo many years, I (reluctantly) joined IG this year.
I randomly came across this while lurking in silence ....... NOT exactly a fan of IG but I guess this is where the bacchanal is LOL!!! 
If I get fedup I might delete it depending on my mood. 

Cello wrote:They real getting bash-een! As I said before, I have a strong feeling that C&S is a one-man show, and how-he-name will get rid of anyone who challenges him.

It's how one of the guys said Mr. Man is a MENACE to the pageant community in T&T.  Shocked -yt80- 
I think your suspicions might be right.........Lawdddd this is NOT a good sign.  

I remember when Chellomellow said Tya distanced herself after MU 2022 Pageant.........So much so that she was a NO show to crown her successor & instead was abroad rep. T&T in that sport she plays (Can't remember the exact sport) Was it netball?   

ANYWAY, if what CMellow said was true, I saw it as a HUGE red flag when it was posted back then........I brushed it off after Faith was crowned BUT I did NOT forget. Now I'm curious again. 

Kimberly
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cello Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:54 pm

Guys, I'm not sure if its just my FB algorithm that shows me such content, but are you all seeing the behaviour of Filipinos online because they didn't make top 5? Its been almost a week since the pageant, and the posts are coming hard every single day. 

Imagine making top 10, and still being so mean towards the other girls, especially Miss Thailand. The sad part is that both ladies are actually friends! 

The Philippines got over 10 consecutive placements since 2010, several of which were undeserved in my respectful opinion...and two crowns! Then one girl doesn't place last year (Celeste), and they begin to bash the entire pageant. They make top 10 this year, and still bash the pageant because they didn't go further.

Imagine being so entitled that you behave like a spoiled child whenever you don't get your way. This behaviour is truly unacceptable. its turning me off from even wanting to follow the pageant anymore.

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Other / Decline to state

Frank Speech and Kimberly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:51 pm

Cello wrote:Guys, I'm not sure if its just my FB algorithm that shows me such content, but are you all seeing the behaviour of Filipinos online because they didn't make top 5? Its been almost a week since the pageant, and the posts are coming hard every single day. 

Imagine making top 10, and still being so mean towards the other girls, especially Miss Thailand. The sad part is that both ladies are actually friends! 

The Philippines got over 10 consecutive placements since 2010, several of which were undeserved in my respectful opinion...and two crowns! Then one girl doesn't place last year (Celeste), and they begin to bash the entire pageant. They make top 10 this year, and still bash the pageant because they didn't go further.

Imagine being so entitled that you behave like a spoiled child whenever you don't get your way. This behaviour is truly unacceptable. its turning me off from even wanting to follow the pageant anymore.

Don't let them run you off the forum. They are just upset Thailand placed higher than their rep. They should be happy with a top 10 finish.

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Cello likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimberly Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:38 pm

On the topic of the behaviour displayed by some Pinoys, it is STILL sad, after decades of how they take their obsession with pageantry TOO FAR. 
I remember when I joined Misso in late 2008 & ,,,,,,,,during 2009, when (Bianca Malano) rep. them, their behaviour was ridiculous. To think this was during the time they were STILL in their DROUGHT stage. -yt80- 

So them FINALLY getting a placement again in 2010 & onwards........just made things worse with that form of entitlement. 
I saw it coming before, during 2010 period & after. I knew their pettiness was going to get worse with Venus breaking that dry spell. -7t6-

As we know, many Pinoys are run/ moderate a LOT of pageant affiliated websites, they physically come out in their numbers to travel far & wide to wherever Miss Universe is being held annually & MOST importantly........ their presence on all major social media platforms is HARD to ignore. I suspect SOCIAL MEDIA is 1 of many reasons why their STATUS in pageantry changed  -105--

TRUMP may be a LOT of things, BUT a dumb businessman, he is NOT. 

With the rise in the popularity of social media, I believe he realised the Latin Market with Telemundo & others were NOT enough to sustain this franchise which complained about low ratings annually.  
In 2009, going into 2010 FACEBOOK hit its peak with its number of users & so did some pageant affiliated pages. COINCIDENTLY during this period, this is when TRUMP granted Philippines their 1st placement again after almost a decade of being ignored.

He kept giving them placements BUT never a crown. Under his leadership I don't think he ever intended to give Philippines their 3rd crown.......But MUO had a lot to gain with RISE in support again by Pinoys. HE WAS DANGLING THAT CARROT/ CROWN OVER THEIR HEADS.........Then came IMG & the rest was history. 

THIS YEAR, Australia & Nicaragua are being TARGETED......and Thailand again due to the rivalry between both countries & because of some info floating around that Philippines was supposed to be in the top 5 instead of Thailand (because of that list floating around). 
Now we have some drama online that claims the MUO is apologizing for a MIX UP. Making things worse. scratch So naturally all hell was gonna break loose. 

Kimberly
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Female

Frank Speech and Cello like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next