PAGEANT-MANIA
Aché Abrahams (TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 1113

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAGEANT-MANIA
Aché Abrahams (TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 1113
PAGEANT-MANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aché Abrahams (TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO 2023)

+5
darkvindak
Kimberly
Wojtek
WestIndian
bonner
9 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Aché Abrahams (TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 Empty Re: Aché Abrahams (TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO 2023)

Post  chellowmellow Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:56 pm

Are you excited for the six-week special (REALITY SHOW)?

chellowmellow
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Number of posts : 31
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Julia Morley
Registration date : 2024-03-08
Female

Back to top Go down

Aché Abrahams (TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 Empty Re: Aché Abrahams (TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO 2023)

Post  Cello Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:16 pm

Frank Speech wrote:
Cello wrote:
Frank Speech wrote:
chellowmellow wrote:
Frank Speech wrote:
chellowmellow wrote:Anyone saw the gown Ache was to wear at MW. I can tell you, because of the backlash Charu received, she made Ache wear another gown. The gown that Ache was to wear is available on their social media pages now. Lol
Please tell me it is not that cheap looking crap on CLD's instagram page. What Ache actually wore for the finals was way better than that. Whoever told Charu to cancel that gown she designed did her a big favor. T&T would have torn Charu a new one....my gosh that gown was even worse than the Best Designer Dress that Charu designed.

Charu is on the same level as Heather Jones, Claudia Pegus and Peter Elias. None of them are top designers! But... atleast Peter was smart enough to let Bobby Ackbarli and other designers shine with the final gowns at Miss World. Y'all remmeber the gowns Charu created for Miss Universe T&T 2014 (Jevon won that year) 💀
Peter Elias made it clear he is a stylist and not a designer...but my gosh even Peter Elias would have done a better job if he had to design a gown. I don't recall Peter Elias ever designing such a train wreck of a 'pageant' gown.

Please post the gown, I missed it. 

I think the gown Ache actually wore was beautiful and a lovely colour. We can go on and on about how Czech Republic wore a more regal and elaborate gown, but I think Ache moved really easily and felt beautiful in her's. I also loved the colour, as I'm tired of the silvers and golds.
Hi Cello. I believe I saw it on Instagram if I recall correctly but right now I am not finding it -I wonder if they took it down? It would have been a smart move for Charu if they did indeed take down the photo.

It is concerning though that anyone on that team thought for one second that would have made an appropriate competition gown - cause guess what, even though there was not an official EG segment, they are still judging you based on non-verbal as well as verbal ques. I am concerned that Charu could not tell that neither the best designer award gown and the finals gown that she designed were forgettable...and the finals night gown she designed was NOT appropriate.

Another concern that I have is that I do not think for one second that Charu and her team did any meaningful work with respect to interview for Ache - it is clear to me that more than 90% of the way Ache speaks is because she turned up speaking that way already.  Who really are the people doing the interview coacing for MWTT? Finals for MWTT2024/2025 is about June 23rd, 2024. This team better wake up and in the interim they should get advice from Peter Elias.

I definitely think Ache showed up at a certain standard, and already possessed many of the tools she would need. It remains to be seen what CLD can do with someone who just has untapped potential. I agree that CLD should seek help from some veterans, and not go along thinking Ache's success can be easily replicated, its no easy undertaking. 

Still wish I could see that original finals gown, though!

Last edited by Cello on Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 85
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Wendy Fitzwilliam
Registration date : 2023-11-01
Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post  Cello Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:19 pm

Also, its a hard pass for me on the reality show. A docu-series, I don't mind. Producers pick fights and create drama in reality shows to make it more entertaining. Something like this has been attempted before if I recall correctly, and it painted Kenisha Thom in a bad light during our local leg circa 2003 / 2004. 

This really isn't necessary, and time and resources can be better utilized.

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Other / Decline to state

Frank Speech likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  chellowmellow Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:35 pm

Cello wrote:Also, its a hard pass for me on the reality show. A docu-series, I don't mind. Producers pick fights and create drama in reality shows to make it more entertaining. Something like this has been attempted before if I recall correctly, and it painted Kenisha Thom in a bad light during our local leg circa 2003 / 2004. 

I agree with you! Never liked reality shows. I remmeber Athaliah arguing that girl over a Bible on CNTM...  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

chellowmellow
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  chellowmellow Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:37 pm

Cello wrote:Also, its a hard pass for me on the reality show. A docu-series, I don't mind. Producers pick fights and create drama in reality shows to make it more entertaining. Something like this has been attempted before if I recall correctly, and it painted Kenisha Thom in a bad light during our local leg circa 2003 / 2004. 

Peter Elias had a reality show for MTT? I didn't even know that wow... I need to do some research...

chellowmellow
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimberly Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:48 pm

GOOD AFTERNOON TO EVERYONE.
I HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT EASTER

Just adding my 2 cents as it concerns the reality show.

I'm surprised there was one during Peter Elias's days!!!

I remember the short lived one for MISS UNIV. T&T that started the year that DEAN ACKIN'S TRIBE CARNIVAL COMMITTEE acquired the franchise with Leah Guevara, bachaanalist Adrian etc. running the show.

That was the SAME edition that SARAH JANE WADDELL 1st showed up on the pageant scene & Leah took issue with her LOL!!!

I'm trying not to judge the concept of a reality show before I view it BUT I cannot help but think this is WASTE pf financial resources that better be utilised on our selected representative for the next edition of MW.

Also, the creation of DRAMA, or strategically editing the clips to give ppl a certain impression of some women (GOOD & BAD) are an INTEGRAL part of all REALITY SHOWS......I agree with CELLO that a mini docu series would make more sense if they insist on going this route.

Another thing, I will reiterate that ACHÉ'S gown for the finals of MW was bland, boring/lacked creativity & did NOTHING for her skin tone. Her makeup also disappointed me. The ENTIRE look was dated. Good thing she's BEAUTIFUL. That was the only thing that made her atrocious styling not as hard to digest.

CHARU needs to KNOW HER PLACE......She's no designer & needs to pass the job unto someone more CAPABLE.....I'll say it again & KEEP SAYING IT. REACH OUT TO BOBBY & SALLY ACKBARALI & a few other options. It's not that hard.
PUT YOUR PRIDE & BAD TASTE ASIDE.

If Charu INSISTS on advertising her designs, most of which are underwhelming/outdated, do so for SMALLER events @ MW. Interviews segments, visits to sites, dinners ETC.

Kimberly
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Number of posts : 46
Favourite Miss : Janelle Penny Commissiong
Registration date : 2023-11-12
Female

Frank Speech and Cello like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  chellowmellow Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:03 am

Kimberly wrote:GOOD AFTERNOON TO EVERYONE.
I HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT EASTER

Just adding my 2 cents as it concerns the reality show.

I'm surprised there was one during Peter Elias's days!!!

I remember the short lived one for MISS UNIV. T&T that started the year that DEAN ACKIN'S TRIBE CARNIVAL COMMITTEE acquired the franchise with Leah Guevara, bachaanalist Adrian etc.  running the show.

That was the SAME edition that SARAH JANE WADDELL 1st showed up on the pageant scene & Leah took issue with her LOL!!!

I'm trying not to judge the concept of a reality show before I view it BUT I cannot help but think this is WASTE pf financial resources that better be utilised on our selected representative for the next edition of MW.

Also, the creation of DRAMA, or strategically editing the clips to give ppl a certain impression of some women (GOOD & BAD) are an INTEGRAL part of all REALITY SHOWS......I agree with CELLO that a mini docu series would make more sense if they insist on going this route.

Another thing, I will reiterate that ACHÉ'S gown for the finals of MW was bland, boring/lacked creativity & did NOTHING for her skin tone. Her makeup also disappointed me. The ENTIRE look was dated. Good thing she's BEAUTIFUL. That was the only thing that made her atrocious styling not as hard to digest.

CHARU needs to KNOW HER PLACE......She's no designer & needs to pass the job unto someone more CAPABLE.....I'll say it again & KEEP SAYING IT. REACH OUT TO BOBBY & SALLY ACKBARALI & a few other options. It's not that hard.
PUT YOUR PRIDE & BAD TASTE ASIDE.

If Charu INSISTS on advertising her designs, most of which are underwhelming/outdated, do so for SMALLER events @ MW. Interviews segments, visits to sites, dinners ETC.

It wasn't Sarah Jane. In Sarah's edition there wasn't a reality show. Sarah was the year after Gabby.  Reality show started in 2013

chellowmellow
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  chellowmellow Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:37 pm

Arlene Peterkin daughter has entered the contest.

chellowmellow
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:23 pm

chellowmellow wrote:Arlene Peterkin daughter has entered the contest.
  Shocked

Who is her daughter?

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 462
Favourite Miss : Miss World 2021
Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Registration date : 2023-10-28
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:36 pm

chellowmellow wrote:Are you excited for the six-week special (REALITY SHOW)?

Heck no....they will aways prop up the one they want at the expense of others. Even without seeing them one name stands out just from reading it because it sounds like someone from their segment of society....JS...they already have her in the Guardian newspapers.

Last edited by Frank Speech on Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Cello and Kimberly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:38 pm

Gentle reminder, Road to Miss World Trinidad & Tobago 2024 thread is up...photos from the screening have been added.

LINK: https://pageant-mania.forumotion.com/t20168-road-to-miss-world-trinidad-tobago-2024

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Kimberly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:09 pm

chellowmellow wrote:

Peter Elias had a reality show for MTT? I didn't even know that wow... I need to do some research...
Dang, you guys making me feel my age...what reality show by PE&A?  Did I forget? What year was it? Are you talking about the Magnificent 7 (1st year Peter had the franchies) or are you taking about when TV6 owners had the franchise when Faye won MUTT in 2003?

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 am

Frank Speech wrote:
  Shocked

Who is her daughter?
Mia is a bit too cocky based on her first interview... I did not even notice her in the frist photo released given she looks thick and short. She looks like she would put the work in, though. I expect she will be in the semis but she better be careful. From that short interview she came off as if she feels she is better than the Trinidad and Tobago citizens that live here. Right now she just seems to be more American than Trinbagonian.  Rolling Eyes... and yes she looks way better in her IG photos...these filters just fooling people, eh. She is no Arlene Peterkin! I dont see her making any impact at MW.

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  chellowmellow Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:51 pm

Frank Speech wrote:
Frank Speech wrote:
  Shocked

Who is her daughter?
Mia is a bit too cocky based on her first interview... I did not even notice her in the frist photo released given she looks thick and short. She looks like she would put the work in, though. I expect she will be in the semis but she better be careful. From that short interview she came off as if she feels she is better than the Trinidad and Tobago citizens that live here. Right now she just seems to be more American than Trinbagonian.  Rolling Eyes... and yes she looks way better in her IG photos...these filters just fooling people, eh. She is no Arlene Peterkin! I dont see her making any impact at MW.

I wonder if Arlene is proud of Mia. If she was my daugher, I would have disowned her. Girl is a big time reality TV star on Bravo. She got implants when she got kicked off for breaking some rule lmao

chellowmellow
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:57 pm

chellowmellow wrote:
Frank Speech wrote:
Frank Speech wrote:
  Shocked

Who is her daughter?

I wonder if Arlene is proud of Mia. If she was my daugher, I would have disowned her. Girl is a big time reality TV star on Bravo. She got implants when she got kicked off for breaking some rule lmao
I would not place Mia in my final six but I know how these local judges are...they will once she makes the semifinalist list. Tobago and Daniella Steele are already locked in my final 6.....Sonia is a pageant midget but has one of the best faces and if prepped well could be an excellent speaker....she comes off as intelligent, level-headed and confident....she just needs training...

I would not miss Mia if she did not make it past screening. I hope there is some standout surprise when we finally see the reveal of the semifinalists. Right now....all we looking at is fighting for a top 40 spot at the next edition of MW based on what I have seen thus far because I already suspect they will crown D.Steele....personally I wish they would train the one with the Egyptian first name...she would be factor in top model and probably talent and she is a nurse/nursing student if I am not mistaken.

Any idea who the indian young lady in the black and organge dress was?

So  many pageant midgets this year...can we get someone  tall, stunning and well-spoken? Look at the current and previous MW winner...both fit the bill.

Last edited by Frank Speech on Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:39 pm

On an aside....please tell me it ain't so....Jenelle Thongs and Athaliah Samuels are in the line up for MUTT2024? Shocked I am just asking because I am seeing their instragram accounts now have the suffix .mtt2024

Please see the Road to Miss Universe Trinidad and Tobago 2024 thread at the following link: 
https://pageant-mania.forumotion.com/t20239-road-to-miss-universe-trinidad-tobago-2024

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

chellowmellow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:05 am

Ache with Miss World 2024 and the other continental queens in Dubai, UAE
Aché Abrahams (TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 435691091-821756969986063-6747209136474440205-n

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Speech Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:22 pm

Our beautiful Ache with Miss World and the other Continental Winners in Dubai, UAE
Aché Abrahams (TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 438118479-823568283138265-4784272103948719210-n

Aché Abrahams (TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 438160546-822875786540848-7248385977576173025-n

Frank Speech
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Miss World 2016
Miss World 2007
Miss World 2001
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1994
Male

Cello likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Cello Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:48 pm

Frank Speech wrote:Our beautiful Ache with Miss World and the other Continental Winners in Dubai, UAE
Aché Abrahams (TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 438118479-823568283138265-4784272103948719210-n

Aché Abrahams (TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO 2023) - Page 6 438160546-822875786540848-7248385977576173025-n

I hate how they always make sure MW is better dressed than the continental winners, but I guess they have to.  Razz

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post  Cello Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:53 pm

All the interaction Ache is having with Julia could be sooo good for us, if we crown the RIGHT girl this year! Julia knows a MW crown is long overdue for T&T. She's already 84, I'd love to see her crown us before she goes off to meet Eric.

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post  chellowmellow Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:19 pm

Cello wrote:
Frank Speech wrote:Our beautiful Ache with Miss World and the other Continental Winners in Dubai, UAE

I hate how they always make sure MW is better dressed than the continental winners, but I guess they have to.  Razz

Ache actually stood out here...

chellowmellow
ELITE MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cello Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:41 am

More and more, I can see why MW was batting so hard for Lebanon. She is mesmerizing! Its all in her eyes, and her ever-so-slightly androgynous beauty.

Cello
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6